Data Transfer from GZ to TPP

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TomyDingo

IGN has a nice list of the characters that can be extracted in the Ground Zeroes missions for use in The Phantom Pain. Has anyone read if the transfer includes only the characters extracted during your best mission score or is it for characters extracted in any of your playthroughs? I S-ranked the main mission, but didn't extract all the prisoners. On other playthroughs I extracted all prisoners, but got a lower score. It will probably end up being not a big reward in TPP but I was curious how it works!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@aesthetic_noise: I left that very question on the IGN link, I want to know too!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It has do take the sum of all your runs into account. Anything other than that in a game designed to be played more than once with different outcomes and a completion % ticking up would be insanity.

baracudadk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By baracudadk2
@rethla said:

It has do take the sum of all your runs into account. Anything other than that in a game designed to be played more than once with different outcomes and a completion % ticking up would be insanity.

yeah totally. likely when transferring over the game save, it only looks for like "Did the player extract person: X". etc in the save file. so whenever you did it, regardless of what run it was, it just ticks that off when it sees you extracting one of those specific people and records it when you complete a mission. sorry if it made it sound more confusing. but yeah don't worry about what rank you get :P

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baracudadk2: For all we know having a good rank may also unlock something ;)

baracudadk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By baracudadk2

@rethla said:

@baracudadk2: For all we know having a good rank may also unlock something ;)

maybe. but getting a good rank and rescuing all the prisoners at the same time. will not unlock anything special or unique. almost certain

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to collect everything in Ground Zeroes in preparation for Phantom Pain. Nice to know it might get me some stuff in TPP

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I'd assume what @rethla said is true. Else.. insanity.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it make a difference? I only ask because my GZ's is on ps4 and i have PP on PC for free with my graphics card. I honestly hated the gameplay in ground zeroes, as far as stealth, so i never extracted anybody but the main characters and only did 2 play throughs of that mission. I hope it's not something that matter to much as I'm definitely not buying GZ again.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Does it make a difference? I only ask because my GZ's is on ps4 and i have PP on PC for free with my graphics card. I honestly hated the gameplay in ground zeroes, as far as stealth, so i never extracted anybody but the main characters and only did 2 play throughs of that mission. I hope it's not something that matter to much as I'm definitely not buying GZ again.

I highly doubt it matters very much at all. But, hard question to answer. What exactly would matter to you? If I had to guess, the people you rescue probably have really good ratings, so this gives you a boost when you start TPP as your base can produce items/facilities faster.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Agh, I forget which guys I've saved already. I didn't realise that's what would transfer over.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rethla

@oursin_360: I doubt that it matters anything besides for completionists and maybe some ridiculous fanservice that the game will be full of anyway (and can be watched on youtube if you desperatly need it).

If you really hate the gameplay in GZ TPP might not be the game of the year for you though.

Firepaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Firepaw  Online

Thanks for the link, made me go back and save everyone (again) just to be sure. Can't wait for TPP.

Hopefully it registers everyone you saved in any run, and not just your highest rated run.

JackBurt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Argh...now I'm gonna have to go back and do Ground Zeroes, get an S-rank, and then do the side ops again to make sure I extract everyone....sheesh. Wish they'd have put the Fulton system in THIS game...

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@village_guy: I haven't rescued all the people in the list yet. I made sure to get The Eye and The Finger as they sound like they'd be high stat characters.

Kiryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool! Nice to know they're rewarding people for buying GZ.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

Gonna use this coming week to finish mopping up Ground Zeroes Trophies and 100% it finally. :)

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@oursin_360: I doubt that it matters anything besides for completionists and maybe some ridiculous fanservice that the game will be full of anyway (and can be watched on youtube if you desperatly need it).

If you really hate the gameplay in GZ TPP might not be the game of the year for you though.

I've tried hard to get into it but just can't, but i think it's just the amount of tools you get is real limited for stealth so hopefully you get more stuff in TPP. It kinda felt like a more open world splinter cell but the level wasn't really designed for stealth IMO. I feel like for stealth you need some video gamey-ness to it, the enemies pretty much saw you anywhere, they had better vision than me lol. And to me it felt weird going one man army all over the base when trying to rescue prisoners.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Well yeh for a MGS game i totaly prefer the original approach and controll scheme but im also a big fan of the latest Hitman game and GZ basicly is exactly that but a little more open world and a little more basic in its mechanics. It aint really a stealthgame becouse you aint rewarded for taking your time and plan your approach but rather restart it every time you die and then find another better path is the way to go. Feels more arcady in nature than the previous games. I had great fun perfecting all the short missions to get S rank (and in Hitman you get the silent assasing rank).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.