Drop everything you are doing and go to the medical platform on Mother Base.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucitary

HOLY FUCK KOJIMA YOU WONDERFUL BASTARD!

There is a door on the upper levels of the first medical platform (which you are required to build) that you are able to enter. Go check it out, and prepare for your jaw to hit the floor.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

prepare for your moth to hit the floor.

...what?

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait, it better be good.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow... didn't see that coming.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I found that this morning, pretty crazy. Though one of the trailers did spoil it.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mercutio123

What happens? I don't have the game or a system right now but I'm drinking up everything about this game so I must know!

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I accidently went there i was like "Cool you can go inside build... WHAT?!"

Seems like you can totally miss that.

Avatar image for deactivated-58513b27f2513
deactivated-58513b27f2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, found it while i was wandering around listening to cassette tapes a few hours ago. Really weird and awesome.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once I build said platform I'll be sure to do that.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I stumbled across this and HOLY JEEZE that this is something a ton of people are going to end up missing seems totally ridiculous.

BoZZ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wow!.. wasn't expecting that.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happens? I don't have the game or a system right now but I'm drinking up everything about this game so I must know!

Paz is actually alive. They got both of the bombs out of her at the end of Ground Zeroes. going back and watching the cutscene you can see how well it was cut to hide all the clues.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mercutio123

@mercutio123 said:

Paz is actually alive. They got both of the bombs out of her at the end of Ground Zeroes. going back and watching the cutscene you can see how well it was cut to hide all the clues.

But but..... Then why did she explode?

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alucitary said:
@mercutio123 said:

But but..... Then why did she explode?

She didn't. Just before she jumps a helicopter falls just out of frame, and it is revealed that it actually shot a rocket at their chopper, and Paz survived the fall into the ocean. Also you can see that Snake says something just before she jumps, but it's not audible. This was probably him saying that they got both of them. Also the part of the scene where they discover the second bomb is the only point in any cutscene in all of Ground Zeroes that there is a hard cut. It was really just perfectly done.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

What?! Oh, wait it is a Metal Gear game so this kind of thing should be expected..

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alucitary: More spoilers on this topic below:

If you get all the photos she pulls the bomb out of her stomach and it explodes right next to Snake. He then wakes up, after seemingly passing out. It seems like her being alive again was all a dream.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not see that coming.

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By The_Joker

For what it's worth, I didn't import a GZ save. This door is open, but there are signs posted that don't let me progress past them. I might just be stupid though.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

People also need to be sure to boot up the game and visit MB on their bday. Or at least the bday you enter at the start of the game :D

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what it's worth, I didn't import a GZ save. This door is open, but there are signs posted that don't let me progress past them. I might just be stupid though.

There's a door at the end of a short hall right in front of you. You have to press the button next to the door to get in.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Devil240Z

Where do you go? I don't see anything!! There is one oped door I can find and there isn't anything in there. Oh you gotta hit the button. WTF WAS THAT SHIT.

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@artelinarose: for me, that button does nothing. There is a sign on that door that says "Work in Progress".

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose: for me, that button does nothing. There is a sign on that door that says "Work in Progress".

You might have to do the side op where you capture a survivor from the old mother base.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_joker said:

You might have to do the side op where you capture a survivor from the old mother base.

Oh yeah, that's definitely required. The picture Miller mentions and that you can show to Paz afterwards is one of the rewards from that.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Bocam

I also suggest not showering until something happens

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam: I've been trying to do that (I've already seen what happens in some gameplay demo they put out, but still), only I keep getting caught in the rain and it washes everything off. Not sure if that counts or I just haven't waited long enough yet, but I wanted to run around as a blood-soaked grime beast and the game doesn't want me to :(

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

WHY DID I CLICK THE SPOILER TAG INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO THE OP

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOLY FUCK KOJIMA YOU WONDERFUL BASTARD!

There is a door on the upper levels of the first medical platform (which you are required to build) that you are able to enter. Go check it out, and prepare for your jaw to hit the floor.

You should mention in your post about having to do that one side op for this to unlock.

El_Funko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By El_Funko

@cronus42: Question for the spoiler stuff you posted

Where do you get the other photos? I have the first one that Miller picks up in the cutscene, but nothing else to show Paz yet. Do I need to complete more of the side ops to extract old motherbase staff?

Edit: Ahh okay, I figured it out.

You get a new photo for each successive Extract Wandering Motherbase Soldier side op you complete, but you can only show Paz one photo per visit.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT IS REAL?!

Avatar image for ddi_kazal_st_drebin
DDI_Kazal_St_Drebin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The truth is: Non of it is real. Phantom Pain.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or was he hallucinating due to that thing in his head!

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

@bocam: I've been trying to do that (I've already seen what happens in some gameplay demo they put out, but still), only I keep getting caught in the rain and it washes everything off. Not sure if that counts or I just haven't waited long enough yet, but I wanted to run around as a blood-soaked grime beast and the game doesn't want me to :(

You could probably just do a bunch of side missions or something in Afghanistan, pretty sure it never rains there, just sand storms.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen it through to the end yet but I don't trust a bit of this in a game called Phantom Pain. It's all in my head.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@bocam: hahaha that happened to me this morning, i looked at the boss when he was in the chopper after several missions and was like "wtf, are those flies buzzing around me" then went back to MB and it happened. not sure if it helps to not change clothes but when i got that cutscene, i was laughing.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize that the game had showers and it does so much more than just the obvious cosmetic effect.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

You have to find one of your wandering men. it's a side OP.

I'm not sure how I feel about this development. Seems like some hard backpedalling.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I thought this was actually a sweet reveal! It's cool when we flash back to Ground Zeroes and the way that explosion scene is presented is awesome. Camera pans down to reveal : a dude with a rocket!

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, so spoilers for later in this quest line (I'd shown her about 4 photos by this point), some guards on the medical platform were talking about how "the Boss has been spending a lot of time in that room that's under construction lately", so I'm about 99% sure this is all in Big Boss's head now. Also the part where there is always sunlight streaming in the window no matter the time of day/weather outside and you can't use your iDroid.

Oh but I guess they reminded me of Nuke the cat and how he probably simultaneously exploded, burned and drowned to death in the attack on MSF... DD is a better mascot anyway ;-;

HarrySound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow thanks for the tip!

I actually in the back of my suspected that happened previously but didn't think this would be the outcome.

Ive just been searching around the other bases for secrets now

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The surprising part of this for me was how you sort of have to stumble into this side plot (if you'd call it that) on your own, rather than the game telling you "hey go here and do this". As for the side plot itself, unfortunately it was shown in one of the later official trailers, so the impact was lessened (for me at least). The wrap up was nice though.

mrtaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish i stumbled into it like i did with everything else. I finished the game saw a credit to a certain character that i did not see and scratched my head. awesome though once i found it.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just found this, it's a real doozy.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

You could probably just do a bunch of side missions or something in Afghanistan, pretty sure it never rains there, just sand storms.

Spend some time in dumpsters.

deto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drop everything you are doing and go to the medical platform on Mother Base.

Well, I was just holding coffee, so thanks for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.