Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

GZ Save Transfer

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm playing GZ again right now and was wondering: Does anyone have any details on (a) what will transfer to TPP from my GZ save and (b) what I need to do in GZ (if anything) in order to unlock whatever will transfer?

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LarryDavis

I think it's just the POWs you save. The most important one is clearly the one you get from completing the "intel operative rescue" mission.

MagnusGman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And old interview with Kojima also said that you'll unlock things depending on your level of completion of GZ. S-ranking everything and getting 100% completion etc etc.

Although there's been no legitimate confirmation on exactly what will and won't. Other than the PoWs of course.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wonder if you can go back to gz and unlock stuff after you have already started playing tpp.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fawkes

You get the Ground Zeroes sneaking suit, and also I think the costumes you can unlock transfer (PS1 Snake and Gray Fox, and different color Raidens) but I'm not positive.

This site seems to say you get different sets of one male and one female with different stuff on their faces for things like having Ground Zeroes and transferring your save. A lot of people have said you'll get the unique extractions from Ground Zeroes like Kojima and Glaz/Palitz, I assume that's what the 'transfer' is but I don't think we know for sure how it's going to work.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody knows quite for sure yet. Only thing we know is that a GZ save gets you the sneaking suit from it and you get to visit Camp Omega again. Otherwise, most people assume you get POWs and most likely "special" soldiers (i.e. Glaz and Palitz, the two secret intel soldiers)

It also isn't confirmed whether or not percentage matters. For my part, I didn't take any chances and did everything.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing GZ again right now and was wondering: Does anyone have any details on (a) what will transfer to TPP from my GZ save and (b) what I need to do in GZ (if anything) in order to unlock whatever will transfer?

There's a main menu option called GZ Data Transfer or something of the like. It'll import the unique soldiers from GZ to your TPP file.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bceagles128

Well I've extracted Kojima, Glaz, and Palitz, as well as the "POW to be executed" and all of the POWs from the prison camp during the GZ mission. I also just did the Deja vu mission and got the MGS1 Snake costume (had no idea that quiz was coming but I played MGS1 like 50 times growing up so I got them all). There's also a trophy for extracting the POWs during the anti air destruction mission, so I will probably do that tomorrow. I'm only about 20% completion though and there's no way I'm going out of my way to S rank all of these things. So I guess we will see.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I guess it would work if I download a 100% Ground Zeroes PC save from someone?

I'm not going to play GZ again, did most of it on console last year.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SomeJerk
    falilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bceagles128: S ranking side ops isnt too bad, i did 3 of them last night, just following a guide on youtube makes it simple enough, most missions are done in 10 mins or so. the longest is probably the extract kojima one or AA gun one.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Curious if this is something you can do on an existing save file in The Phantom Pain or if it's strictly when starting a new game. My PS4 copy of MGSV is due to arrive tomorrow, so I hope I won't have to start a whole new game come September 1st.

GhostHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I read that you get the POW's and the Ground Zeroes outfit

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hach

@falilth: If you already have an A rank in the AA gun one you start off with a recoilless rifle and you can destroy all three guns and the tank from the place where the mission starts and be out in 2 minutes

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Welp.

No Caption Provided

Weatherking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went on a mission to extract every single soldier in the main GZ mission. I did it, and I don't care whether they show up in TPP or not. Love that game.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, so this is technically a 'leak' (it's a photo from the guide), but it's completely harmless, and tells you what you need to do to get recruits from GZ.

It is literally just have the missions completed in the save. Nothing to do with actually extracting anybody. So rest easy everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/PQZzlbV.jpg

Edit: Never mind, I think I could be an idiot. I only just realised those mission names were referring to TPP mission numbers, not GZ. So we're back at square one.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@icf_19xx: Yeah just noticed Ground Zeroes had installed a new patch.

Update 1.04

"SAVEDATA UPLOAD" added to main menu.

So I guess if people no longer have Ground Zeroes nothing carries over for them.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By atomicoldman

@beefygrandmole: Weird, I got the game like three days ago and that option was there.

I don't care too much about importing MB staff (except Kojima, I need that beautiful bastard), but I'm very curious to see how Camp Omega ties back in to everything.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beefygrandmole: Weird, I got the game like three days ago and that option was there.

I don't care too much about importing MB staff (except Kojima, I need that beautiful bastard), but I'm very curious to see how Camp Omega ties back in to everything.

There's been a cool and weird semi-popular theory floating around that that weird static-y tape you get during the Intel acquisition mission (you know, the one that's 5 seconds long and is labelled "DO NOT PLAY IN MUSIC PLAYER") is of actual significance, with some saying that it's not a tape meant for a music player, but rather a tape meant for an MSX, which Huey just happens to be sitting in front of during the MB gameplay demo.

Doubtful, but I wouldn't put it past Kojima.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Blackout62

@adequatelyprepared said:
    @atomicoldman said:

There's been a cool and weird semi-popular theory floating around that that weird static-y tape you get during the Intel acquisition mission (you know, the one that's 5 seconds long and is labelled "DO NOT PLAY IN MUSIC PLAYER") is of actual significance, with some saying that it's not a tape meant for a music player, but rather a tape meant for an MSX, which Huey just happens to be sitting in front of during the MB gameplay demo.

Well, yeah, it's a data cassette, as would be appropriate in the 1970s. I sincerely thought everyone knew that. It's why Miller says it has all the bases expansion plans because it has the actual plans written for some old-timey word processor.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adequatelyprepared: Wishful thinking, but it'd be rad if it just let you play all of Metal Gear 1 or 2.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Hey, so this is technically a 'leak' (it's a photo from the guide), but it's completely harmless, and tells you what you need to do to get recruits from GZ.

It is literally just have the missions completed in the save. Nothing to do with actually extracting anybody. So rest easy everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/PQZzlbV.jpg

Edit: Never mind, I think I could be an idiot. I only just realised those mission names were referring to TPP mission numbers, not GZ. So we're back at square one.

No, that's the right list. You get them by downloading your GZ save into TPP and then completing the listed missions. In other words, you don't get all 19 guys at once. They join as volunteers after you meet the mission criteria.

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jensonb: That's not the error I made. What I think is the situation is this:
    -Notice how it says 'suitable' save file, down the bottom? I believe that refers to a save file that has extracted the particular people.
    -You complete the missions in TPP, and only if you have extracted them in the GZ file, you get to have them at MB.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@jensonb: That's not the error I made. What I think is the situation is this:

-Notice how it says 'suitable' save file, down the bottom? I believe that refers to a save file that has extracted the particular people.

-You complete the missions in TPP, and only if you have extracted them in the GZ file, you get to have them at MB.

That is correct.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomicoldman said:

Apparently, the tape is a spectrogram and it shows a picture of a cage, but that was fished out way before TPP.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So since I have no time at this point to get anywhere close to 100%, is it worth trying to track down someone else's cleared save file? Or do they extract in such a way as to make that impossible?

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladededge: eh. I don't think anyone knows the answer to that but I'm going to roll with a 31% save so w.e.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the Xbox One version of GZ and it doesn't list the save transfer option. What's up with that?

MikeRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MikeRD

@nathanxplosion Good question. I've seen video evidence of someone having the option to upload their data on this version, but I don't know if that means the patch for Xbox One was yanked after being available shortly, or what the deal is. The large majority of people I've seen trying to upload, including myself, simply gets one of those "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes service is unavailable" (or something along those lines) messages when loading up the game and pressing start.

Edit: Saw someone recommend uninstalling and reinstalling to get it to show up, and the version did switch from 1.11 (I believe) to 1.20 and now has the Upload Save Data option. I still get the "service unavailable" message when hitting start before the main menu, but it claimed that my data was uploaded when I tried using the upload option nonetheless. Hopefully, it really did upload.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Catlicker

So!

Everyone who can answer this is playing their asses off, right?

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was about to delete and reinstall Ground Zeros but first I checked to see if the update downloaded and it did.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have people had luck downloading their previously uploaded PS4 GZ saves onto TPP?

I'm stuck at work and will be diving in when I get home but just wanted to check that everything is running smoothly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.