Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Having stuttering / frame rate problems on Xbox One

• 64 results
    Painkiller80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Painkiller80

I played the beat the game and got the final ending and never had any problems with frames or stuttering. I bought my XBone 500GB like maybe 6 months after it was released.

LordCVandingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just to confirm is anyone having this issue who is OUTSIDE the preview program and also ha anyone tried a factory reset yet ?

VincentAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just to confirm is anyone having this issue who is OUTSIDE the preview program and also ha anyone tried a factory reset yet ?

Not in the preview program, haven't tried a factory reset. That seems like a pain in the ass! I moved the game from the external to internal HDD, maybe that makes a difference and maybe it doesn't. There's no way to tell anymore.

LordCVandingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LordCVandingo

Did a factory reset yesterday and since I've played the game a little completing one single mission and Mission 13 completely stutter free. Usually playing the game for this amount of time i would've suffered it at least 3-4 times.

It also cleared a problem on my games and apps where I had an extra tile for Shadow Complex.

However when I loaded up Metal Gear it did say that it wouldn't be connecting to its servers so maybe this played a part in the loss of stuttering.

I'll post again if I start suffering from the problem again.

BFZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've noticed this problem consistently on my xbox one since I started playing the game (finally!!) this past weekend. I haven't been able to pin down an exact time frame or circumstances that would cause it. My xbox is about a year old, game is disc based with install on internal HDD. Same symptoms as others, audio goes first, slight stutter, game lags slightly, Big Boss stops listening to controller input and usually runs in a straight line or in a circle. Duration varies, but for me seems about 3 seconds.

It hasn't been enough a problem yet for me but when I saw this thread, made me think its a bug and not something with my xbox.

LordCVandingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another few missions played since the factory reset still no issues (fingers crossed this is a fix!)

xx_kells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By xx_kells

Just want to update folks. I just upgraded to the new dashboard today and for the past two hours I haven't experienced any stuttering. I don't know if Konami pushed a new update, but everything is a-okay so far.

hallben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am also on the NXE now. I shall test this as soon as possible and get back with my results.

LordCVandingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No issues since the factory reset and now have the NXE and still game running as it should. So if your not in the Preview do a factory rest to get the game running as it should.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

@lordcvandingo: I've been having similar issues since I started playing this past weekend. Will a factory reset erase all my games? I pretty much only buy digital so it'd be a pain to download them all again.

LordCVandingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warihay: Yes i believe so although most of mine are on an external drive I only had to reinstall a few. Others here are saying the update cleared it so if your on the preview waiting for the NXE may be worth waiting for that if not though I'd try a factory reset all your saves are in the cloud and everything can be reinstalled obviously its a pain but you can do all of that in the background while playing a fantastic game glitch free.

subrandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Just an update: After doing a factory reset and re-downloading everything i have not had any stuttering and ive been able to complete 4 or 5 missions with no issues. Could be that re-downloading MGS V might have had the same effect but that seems slightly less likeyl.

LarryGall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this game from the time it came out, until about 3 weeks ago. From the beginning, I noticed an occasional choppiness, with the sound stuttering at the same time as the controls went wonky (the player will continue doing / running continuously) usually just sprinting straight into a group of enemies while I watch helplessly. At first it's not too bad, but when you get into Act 2, forget it. Instead of it happening for 2 seconds, it goes on for 7 or 8. If that's not bad enough, it starts to do it twice in a row for a double dose of aggravation lasting almost 15 seconds. I filled out a ticket with Konami when it started getting real bad in Act 2. They sent back 5 emails over the last 2 months that were identical, stating they were very busy and would get to it as soon as they can. Now today I got another one saying they released a patch recently (The email is below). I'm into Fallout 4 now, and don't feel like going back just yet, so I'm wondering if anyone else who had this problem saw a difference (since the email on 11/18/2015). Here's the last email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------- email contents -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are actively working on your ticket, but require more information to help us resolve your issue.

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. We apologize for this inconvenience. We recently had an update. Have you downloaded the latest update as that has resolved several of the games' issues.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Stefanie

Konami Customer Support

Hours of Operation:

Monday—Friday

8:30am—5:00pm PST/PDT

To update this ticket, please reply to this email or send us an email referencing your ticket number, #15035-161396, exactly as written in the subject line of the new email.

Ticket Information:
    Ticket #:15035-161396
    Date Created:9/20/2015 04:49 PM PDT
    Title of Game:Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Internal Summary
    Summary - DO NOT provide personal information.I am reporting a bug that I and others are having, (found others having same problem in forums) with occasional stuttering (controller stops working while your last action is continued for 3-10 seconds with stuttering sound). It seems to happen about every 30-40 minutes near the beginning, but I'm at main mission 35, side mission 157 and it's happening more often, and for longer durations. Sometimes it's happening twice in a row making it a 15-20 second fiasco. Please look into this and patch it please. I'm only guessing that it's happening when there is saving or loading taking place. Maybe break the load into smaller chunks and have it start a bit earlier? I don't know. You guys are the experts, not me. Also, thank you very much for an absolutely fantastic game. It really is a perfect 10 (this bug aside).

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By OldManLight

i had a lot of issues with the controls/audio/framerate all bugging out for a few seconds on xbox one since launch. Admittedly i haven't played a ton of MGSV since sept but i did play for about 30 minutes today and didn't experience any of the stutter. Was anyone else also member of the Xbox preview program? i wonder if MGSV didn't play nice with the new dashboard builds and it has since worked its way out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.