Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

[MAJOR SPOILER WARNINGS] ingsoc.org, Black Hound Speculation

Ameba20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xbob42: Maybe is him:

https://twitter.com/JamesWillems/status/642502317174992897

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xbob42: in case anyone doesn't know, that poloroid caption is a reference to the movie Memento

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Interesting. It's easy at this point to go "Ahh it's just those Funhaus clowns pulling a big expensive stupid joke."

But on the other hand, Kojima has worked with the dumbasses at Mega64 before, which for me sets a precedent for this being some sort of reveal.

It could all just be one big dumb thing, we all know that, but it's so much more fun when you're not sure yet.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fizzle

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By xbob42
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thebullsonparade
    TheBullsOnParade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbob42: James was wearing full Mega64 clothing during a a PAX panel if i remember correctly. I tried to find the video again, but it's gone

Edit: Found the video I was just being dumb. But James was wearing full Mega 64 gear

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ingsoc.org no longer links to that Funhaus video, but it now links to a Multiple Personality Disorder documentary. Someone on reddit is also claiming the ingsoc site is coded to unlock more content depending on certain conditions? I have no way to test that, it might just be more misleading theory BS. But man, it's not over yet.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's not an indie silent hill?

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been fiddled one too many times. Whatever this turns out to be, if it turns out to be anything, I'm not giving it any more attention. Don't let whoever is running this Survivor 2299 you; you've got dozens of hours of game sitting right there, waiting to be played. Give the FOB stuff a shot. Go for some S Ranks. Let the legend come back to life.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado said:

I've been fiddled one too many times. Whatever this turns out to be, if it turns out to be anything, I'm not giving it any more attention. Don't let whoever is running this Survivor 2299 you; you've got dozens of hours of game sitting right there, waiting to be played. Give the FOB stuff a shot. Go for some S Ranks. Let the legend come back to life.

I've already beat the entire game, all side ops, all main ops, and only have like 6 S ranks to go. I NEED THIS TO BE MORE PHANTOM PAIN I NEED MORE. Also I FOB all the time.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a countdown here. It's gone now.

CLau72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gesi1223 said:

ingsoc.org no longer links to that Funhaus video, but it now links to a Multiple Personality Disorder documentary. Someone on reddit is also claiming the ingsoc site is coded to unlock more content depending on certain conditions? I have no way to test that, it might just be more misleading theory BS. But man, it's not over yet.

I woke up this morning to see how this whole thing has progressed, and when I saw this, I went to go see it for myself, but instead of that Multiple Personality Disorder documentary, It's a change.org petition to Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro to make a new Silent Hills. This whole thing keeps getting stranger.

Nmckee503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The site links to a change.org petition for a new silent hill game. I was part of an ARG a little while ago, was kind of ready for another one, not sure this is that though.

LimaReisRenan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what is going to happen but i just signed that petition!

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is like the Publius Enigma. Years from now someone will ask "hey, whatever happened to that Black Hound thing?" And someone else will say "Oh yeah, what was that, an Assassin's Creed thing?"

And then out of the corner of the room someone will scream "SILENT HILLS LIVES!" And then someone will say "let it go man, let it go."

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

From a post on GAF

So I've been following this a bit more tonight for some reason. ingsoc.org wound up linking to this youtube when you click the text: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XoceYrw1c4

A redditor reversed the audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sYFMeof5Ns I included the transcription below.

I found out the other videos the account posted also have backwards vocals and I reversed them. In the first video posted the voice announcing the numbers sounds like the voice actor from PT (some of these videos have EXTREMELY loud sounds so be careful when clicking the link):

Nevada Numbers Station #1: No reversed vocals

Numbers are: 41 52 14 28 83 60 72 24 44 97 43 12 58 80 64 39 26 54 99 79

Nevada Numbers Station #2: No reversed vocals

Numbers are: 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 4 3 4 3 4 3 4 5 4 5 4 5 4 5 1 5 4 5 3 5 2 5 1 5 4 5 3 2 1

Nevada Numbers Station #3: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Hc8XGpIVAg

Warning all enemies, beware... Be.. prepared to be... killed. We are coming for you, we will find you. You cannot hide from us.

Numbers are: 38 17 86 58 17 99 1 0 0 10 5 4 8 9 5 9 0 0 4 4 5 4 7 7 6 2 2 2 4 9 9 9 8 7 6 5 1 1 2

Nevada Numbers Station #4: http://vocaroo.com/i/s13CHnEiLGJ8

Begin transmission. Strategy meeting set for Tuesday, September 8th. Time will be 7pm and location will be the HQ. It's mandatory for all personnel and food services will be provided. Please bring note-taking equipment and your best ideas. End Transmission.

Numbers are: 21 87 13 38 42 70 65 21 87 13 38 42 70 65 21 87 13 38 42 70 65

Nevada Numbers Station #5: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nuAH8bZXaf

Begin transmission. Strategy meeting tonight at 7pm. Attendance of all personnel is mandatory. Location is the HQ. Food service will be provided. Please bring note-taking equipment and your best ideas. End Transmission.

Numbers are: 1 1 3 3 1 1 3 3 5 5 2 2 5 5 2 2

Nevada Numbers Station #6: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0m1kwNpcsPC

Update: I am not the first. I am only the messenger. A storm is coming. Prepare yourselves. All will witness. something something We will see. it is the problem, and that is the solution, Remember the source of all life. Remember. Remember. Something something Pay attention to the sound, they are around here. One word contains all the information that you need. The something at the end quiet demands. Something who are in power something who with enemies galore something something control. (This may provide the cipher/keyword for solving the numbers. Thanks to Aydoo & Super_Tardiness from GameFAQs for a better transcription)

Numbers are: X 54 57 X 1 2 X 54 57 X 1 2 (X is a number I can't figure out, numbers are in french)

Nevada Numbers Station #7: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0XTXElUnH8v

(Not sure)...Our enemies are not of this dimension, our enemies wish to enter this dimension...(can't make it out)

Numbers are (in spanish): 1 5 1 5 1 5 8 12 8 12 8 12 6 13 6 13 6 13 1 5 1 5 1 5 8 12 8 12 8 12 6 13 6 13 6 13

Nevada Numbers Station #8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sYFMeof5Ns

"...Our enemies are guilty of many crimes, yet their accusations of us go unknown. their intelligence is quite low but they publicly hold such high views of themselves. privately, they are forced to admit that they're not so perfect. we are stronger than them, smarter than them and more powerful than them. they cannot understand why they can't control us and so they keep trying. the first sign of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. that is all. thank you"

Numbers are (in russian): 47 56 92 21 13 79 38 47 56 92 21 13 79 38

Prior to the number stations the site linked to this youtube video about Multiple Personality Disorder, the whole channel is just documentaries about torture and stuff. All uploaded in the last day. (as of approx. 6am EST Sept 12 this youtube channel has been closed.)

Also in that video from rooster teeth the number 6315 showed up. Konami 6315 is a thing, apparently.

wat

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From a post on GAF

So I've been following this a bit more tonight for some reason. ingsoc.org wound up linking to this youtube when you click the text: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XoceYrw1c4

A redditor reversed the audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sYFMeof5Ns I included the transcription below.

I found out the other videos the account posted also have backwards vocals and I reversed them. In the first video posted the voice announcing the numbers sounds like the voice actor from PT (some of these videos have EXTREMELY loud sounds so be careful when clicking the link):

Nevada Numbers Station #1: No reversed vocals

Numbers are: 41 52 14 28 83 60 72 24 44 97 43 12 58 80 64 39 26 54 99 79

Nevada Numbers Station #2: No reversed vocals

Numbers are: 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 2 3 2 3 4 3 4 3 4 3 4 5 4 5 4 5 4 5 1 5 4 5 3 5 2 5 1 5 4 5 3 2 1

Nevada Numbers Station #3: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Hc8XGpIVAg

Warning all enemies, beware... Be.. prepared to be... killed. We are coming for you, we will find you. You cannot hide from us.

Numbers are: 38 17 86 58 17 99 1 0 0 10 5 4 8 9 5 9 0 0 4 4 5 4 7 7 6 2 2 2 4 9 9 9 8 7 6 5 1 1 2

Nevada Numbers Station #4: http://vocaroo.com/i/s13CHnEiLGJ8

Begin transmission. Strategy meeting set for Tuesday, September 8th. Time will be 7pm and location will be the HQ. It's mandatory for all personnel and food services will be provided. Please bring note-taking equipment and your best ideas. End Transmission.

Numbers are: 21 87 13 38 42 70 65 21 87 13 38 42 70 65 21 87 13 38 42 70 65

Nevada Numbers Station #5: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nuAH8bZXaf

Begin transmission. Strategy meeting tonight at 7pm. Attendance of all personnel is mandatory. Location is the HQ. Food service will be provided. Please bring note-taking equipment and your best ideas. End Transmission.

Numbers are: 1 1 3 3 1 1 3 3 5 5 2 2 5 5 2 2

Nevada Numbers Station #6: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0m1kwNpcsPC

Update: I am not the first. I am only the messenger. A storm is coming. Prepare yourselves. All will witness. something something We will see. it is the problem, and that is the solution, Remember the source of all life. Remember. Remember. Something something Pay attention to the sound, they are around here. One word contains all the information that you need. The something at the end quiet demands. Something who are in power something who with enemies galore something something control. (This may provide the cipher/keyword for solving the numbers. Thanks to Aydoo & Super_Tardiness from GameFAQs for a better transcription)

Numbers are: X 54 57 X 1 2 X 54 57 X 1 2 (X is a number I can't figure out, numbers are in french)

Nevada Numbers Station #7: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0XTXElUnH8v

(Not sure)...Our enemies are not of this dimension, our enemies wish to enter this dimension...(can't make it out)

Numbers are (in spanish): 1 5 1 5 1 5 8 12 8 12 8 12 6 13 6 13 6 13 1 5 1 5 1 5 8 12 8 12 8 12 6 13 6 13 6 13

Nevada Numbers Station #8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sYFMeof5Ns

"...Our enemies are guilty of many crimes, yet their accusations of us go unknown. their intelligence is quite low but they publicly hold such high views of themselves. privately, they are forced to admit that they're not so perfect. we are stronger than them, smarter than them and more powerful than them. they cannot understand why they can't control us and so they keep trying. the first sign of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. that is all. thank you"

Numbers are (in russian): 47 56 92 21 13 79 38 47 56 92 21 13 79 38

Prior to the number stations the site linked to this youtube video about Multiple Personality Disorder, the whole channel is just documentaries about torture and stuff. All uploaded in the last day. (as of approx. 6am EST Sept 12 this youtube channel has been closed.)

Also in that video from rooster teeth the number 6315 showed up. Konami 6315 is a thing, apparently.

wat

this is incredible

LimaReisRenan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By LimaReisRenan

What is up with blackhoundgame.com and that Red Herring thing?

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I will say that even though this is all clearly fake, that the timing of all of these trolls is superb. gray_xof on twitter, ingsoc.org, and blackhoundgame.com

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I will say that even though this is all clearly fake, that the timing of all of these trolls is superb. gray_xof on twitter, ingsoc.org, and blackhoundgame.com

gray_xof is a particularly fantastic handle.

you wanna get me excited about anything Metal Gear, just bring up Gray Fox.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't tell me after having some youtube assholes spit in our collective faces we still can't figure out if this thing is bullshit or not. You're failing me internet.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So..I just remembered after seeing the Silent Hills petition...werent there reports from back in July that said Del Toro and Kojima were still planning on making a game?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#223 chaser324  Moderator

@phished0ne: I'm pretty sure the most recent news on that was Del Toro saying that he's done with games forever.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#224  Edited By Phished0ne

@chaser324: Yeah i just found that article as soon as you responded. Guess i'll go back to TPP and return to check this article again in 5 hours when ingsoc now links to a video of a couch with backmasked talking on it or some shit.

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't tell me after having some youtube assholes spit in our collective faces we still can't figure out if this thing is bullshit or not. You're failing me internet.

After the petition thing. I'm pretty much done. That makes it too obvious its some fan trolling everyone.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gesi1223 said:
    @pyrodactyl said:

After the petition thing. I'm pretty much done. That makes it too obvious its some fan trolling everyone.

I don't think it makes it "pretty obvious" of anything, it could just as easily be something official simply referencing the petition among other things before some reveal. For the 90th time, not saying that's 100% the case or anything, but just disputing the "obvious" point.

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbob42 said:
    @gesi1223 said:
    @pyrodactyl said:

I don't think it makes it "pretty obvious" of anything, it could just as easily be something official simply referencing the petition among other things before some reveal. For the 90th time, not saying that's 100% the case or anything, but just disputing the "obvious" point.

Yeah I suppose you're not wrong. But as it goes on, it's becoming less fun and just some silly carrot on a stick. There's almost nothing of value coming out of this. When it seems like most ARG stunts produced some kind of lead or hope by this amount of time. Call me impatient.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks. This. Probably. Isn't. Real.

No Caption Provided

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fucking thing is still a thing.

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#230  Edited By Gildermershina
    No Caption Provided

I mean, obviously.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just going to bump the general tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory MGS5 thread with this, because I don't fucking know what to think anymore.

tl;dr: Some guys found a ROM-hack of a game called Portopia within BOTH the TPP and GZ games files (my understanding is the file was segmented across both the games). Got the thing actually running. Portopia is an MSX game that inspired Kojima in the 80s.

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3n2jjr/huge_discovery_at_rneverbegameover_seriously/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3n2g4r/i_did_it_portopia_rom_hack_is_now_running/

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TURN ON THE FOG MACHINE

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

TURN ON THE FOG MACHINE

This was the last thing I was expecting to see in this thread 10/10 Made me laugh

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care what it is I just hope there is more Kojimaisms to be revealed/found.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.