Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

MGSV Spoiler Thread options

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Poll MGSV Spoiler Thread options (66 votes)

Have one master thread for all general MGSV discussion and ask people to mark story spoilers 14%
    Have one thread for gameplay tips, tricks, and tactics and a separate thread for story & spoiler discussion 86%

Just want to see if there is a general consensus on how to handle the MGSV threads - please vote!

• 
    emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I could go either way. I will say that the story beats are tied to specific missions for the majority of the time, so it's easy enough to indicate what context a spoiler is in. And the tricky thing of a having an all-out spoiler thread is that there are some late game spoilers (past my 55 hour mark) that are significant and easily spoiled. Someone who thinks they are far in the game and is hoping to discuss the story might find themselves spoiled on later elements. But I suppose if someone cared enough about not having it spoiled, going into a story thread is asking for trouble anyway.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You wind up having to regulate one thread anyway, and there's nothing worse that having half a thread blocked out by spoiler bars. At least with option two you can let the spoiler stuff happen on its own in its own thread, and keep a relatively well flowing discussion in the other one.

I think it's best to let people who want at least a modicum of spoiler safety have their own thread, where people can spam D-Horse is Chico all they like in the other thread.

(...D-Horse isn't Chico. Spoilers.)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Would be nice to divide up general strategy tips for gameplay from story lines. It's tricky with MGS V cause most people I'd assume are playing it for the story.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Alright, we're only 26 votes in but at 96% in favor of having a dedicated thread for spoilers, that's the direction we're going to go in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.