Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Franchise »

Tactical, Espionage, Action. A revered and long-running series directed by Hideo Kojima.

Kojima tweets "Metal Gear Collection 2014" 9/17 Update

• 76 results
    Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

https://twitter.com/kojima_hideo/status/509890799773818880

So it looks like yet another Metal Gear collection will be made, but for which consoles? With the announcement of MGSV going to PC could it be possible to move the entire franchise to PC as well?

9/17/14 Update: It's a clothing line. Wtf Kojima...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/18/the-metal-gear-collection-2014-is-a-clothing-line?abthid=541a5f97724715434300002b

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the Legacy Collection for PS3 with Ground Zeroes added.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HDer for PS4 and XONE. Actually. Now that I think about it, the XONE using bluray means MGS4 can come to Xbox now.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316

You know, I could go for a fancier version of MGS 4. It looks amazing in my mind's eye, but it's been 6 years so I'm probably in for a rude awakening.

From Brad's review: "I honestly had to remind myself more than once I was playing a video game and not a CG movie."

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it looks like yet another Metal Gear collection will be made, but for which consoles? With the announcement of MGSV going to PC could it be possible to move the entire franchise to PC as well?

I don't see a PC port happening, there would be a lot of work required to get those games running properly.

zipperface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If this is all the previous MGS games remastered to the FOX Engine I would throw so much money at him, otherwise I won't bother since I already own them.

Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Wouldn't this be the third collection in.....3 years??

Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigboss1911: there was the ps2 collection (which was a while ago), ps3/xbox 360 HD collections, and ps3 Legacy collection. Any other ones I'm missing?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yikes, this is overkill. I got the legacy collection and I won't do this again. Unless, by some grand miracle, It's all the previous games remastered in the Fox Engine.

Spoilers: That won't be it.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigboss1911: there was the ps2 collection (which was a while ago), ps3/xbox 360 HD collections, and ps3 Legacy collection. Any other ones I'm missing?

I think you nailed them all. It's getting a little ridiculous by this point. What I would really like to see is a remake of MGS 1. Never played Twin Snakes but heard some not so good things about it.

JeremyKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just recently started playing MGS4 again. The game still looks great but could definitely benefit from a higher and more steady frame rate, so a PS4 port makes sense.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, as much as I'd hate to buy another MGS collection (since I bought the HD Collection a few years back), I'd be totally down for it if I can play all the MGS games on my PS4 and give me another reason to retire my PS3.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I think PS4 and XB1 are guaranteed with a PC port being very very very likely. Or rather, I pray to god there's a PC port because I swear to god if I see one more fucking petition asking a developer to bring something to PC, I'm going to fucking lose it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Corevi
    @csl316 said:

You know, I could go for a fancier version of MGS 4. It looks amazing in my mind's eye, but it's been 6 years so I'm probably in for a rude awakening.

From Brad's review: "I honestly had to remind myself more than once I was playing a video game and not a CG movie."

It still looks fantastic but some of the environment textures are pretty gross and the resolution is only 720p with no AA. The framerate gets bad in some parts as well.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's coming out this year? That's quite a lot of work in little time if they are porting the games over to the new gen.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By BeachThunder

Fun fact: this isn't called "Metal Gear Collection 2014" because it's released this year; it's because this is, in fact, the 2014th Metal Gear Collection.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Corevi
    @thunderslash said:

So it's coming out this year? That's quite a lot of work in little time if they are porting the games over to the new gen.

It might be done by High Voltage just like the ZoE collection. They are really good at that stuff.

Or it's Iron Galaxy who are really bad at that stuff.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am intending to buy these games friday, so I hope whatever this new collection is sucks.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be satisfied until there's a Metal Gear Collection every 3 months, complete with a copy of Resident Evil 4.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: no need to be mean. Iron Galaxy are a bunch of goofball fuckups, but they're also capable engineers that do good mercenary work.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: no need to be mean. Iron Galaxy are a bunch of goofball fuckups, but they're also capable engineers that do good mercenary work.

I was more alluding to the truly awful Borderlands 2 Vita port.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insidioustuna said:

I was more alluding to the truly awful Borderlands 2 Vita port.

There's no way they could have possibly jammed BL2, fully-functional, on to a handheld. It was a fool's errand from the start. it was a choice of having the game as fully-robust as it could be at the cost of framerate and usability, or seriously scale the game back and release a playable husk of what that game actually is. Neither option is a good one.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

MGS Collection on PC, hopefully with MGS4 (the only one I can't play right now)? I'd be all over that. Otherwise, I'm fine with just MGSV, thank you.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could get MGS collection on PC (Just 1-3 would be fine honestly, though 4 and Peace walker would be amazing.) I would splooge.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JayEH

I've been hugely against current gen re-releases of last gen games, but if this is bring all the games onto PS4 I can't not buy this.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@csl316 said:

Some of the character models still look really good, but... yeah, you're in for a rude awakening.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@jay_ray said:
    @oscar__explosion said:

I don't see a PC port happening, there would be a lot of work required to get those games running properly.

As opposed to the little amount of work required to get them running on the PS4 or Xbone? They just put out a collection of all the games last year, they're not gonna put the series out for PS3 again. It's either for PS4, Xbox One, PC, or all of them, anything else would just be ridiculous.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

That's good if he does release it again. It's impossible to find now without paying extravagant prices for it and sells out before it's even restocked with what little they can get.

It's kind of a genius way to re-release a popular game series. It's making them more desirable interestingly enough.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I played through MGS4 for the first time about a year ago. It LOOKS really good, but the framerate is all kinds of terrible, especially during the dramatic splitscreen sequences. I have been hoping to see a MGS4 rerelease ever since Last of Us got one. This sounds like awesome news.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

You know last night I was just replaying MGS HD collections, and it was all 720p..... I wouldn't mind quadruple dipping on it for a 1080p copy. ZoE HD collections was 1080p, and Peace Walker in that collection was 1080p.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

You know last night I was just replaying MGS HD collections, and it was all 720p..... I wouldn't mind quadruple dipping on it for a 1080p copy. ZoE HD collections was 1080p, and Peace Walker in that collection was 1080p.

ZoE2 HD was even 1080/60 (at least on PS3 post patch). It was rad.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crithon

@crithon said:

yeah, I heard before the patch it was BRUTAL. I bought a new TV, and was running that ZOE2 and MGS2 because they have colorful style to them, started noticing MGS2 wasn't in 1080p/

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Corevi
    @crithon said:

@corruptedevil said:
    @crithon said:

yeah, I heard before the patch it was BRUTAL. I bought a new TV, and was running that ZOE2 and MGS2 because they have colorful style to them, started noticing MGS2 wasn't in 1080p/

It wasn't THAT bad but it was sub 30 most of the time. I'm much more tolerate when it comes to framerate issues though than most people.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ezekiel

Kind of hard for me to care without pressure sensitive controls.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray said:
    @oscar__explosion said:

No more effort than getting them onto the PS4, it's the same architecture.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ezekiel

I'm hoping Kojima Productions is working on this instead of the team who did the HD collection. I want the games to be listed by order of release instead of chronologically. Or better yet, the games to be separate, so that I don't have to go into a menu first. Metal Gear 1 and 2 should be on the main menu or on my list of Steam games instead of in MGS3. I don't want the end credits extended like in the HD versions. Well, they can, but then they should make the font smaller and more compressed so that the music fits. And I want to be able to pause cutscenes, finally. Aaaand they should bring back some of the extras that were cut from MGS3 HD. I'd have more faith in Koji Pro remastering their own games than in another company doing it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Corevi
    @korwin said:

@jay_ray said:
    @oscar__explosion said:

And the Xbox One as well. I'm pretty sure the Xbone even runs on an offshoot of Windows 8.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#39  Edited By MachoFantastico

Having sold my PS3 to purchase a PS4, I would love to see the HD collection makes its way to the current gen consoles and PC.

Please Mr Kojima, make it happen.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only interested if they actually redo MGS1

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vonocourt

@TechnoSyndrome said:

As opposed to the little amount of work required to get them running on the PS4 or Xbone? They just put out a collection of all the games last year, they're not gonna put the series out for PS3 again. It's either for PS4, Xbox One, PC, or all of them, anything else would just be ridiculous.

Quoted for truth. If they're going through the work of making MGS4, a game made for the PS3's specific architecture, run on PS4/XBO, they have no excuse against making a PC version. Especially since it's known that MGSV will get a PC version eventually.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be satisfied until there's a Metal Gear Collection every 3 months, complete with a copy of Resident Evil 4.

Underrated post.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I was just saying the other week how I'd love to play a full collection on the PS4. My dreams are coming true?

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished 1, Twin Snakes, 2 and 3. Currently in the middle of 4 and all the games could use a new coat of paint. Fox engine remakes for 1-3 shouldn't be out of the question and 4 would only need a remaster. Peace Walker would need to be rebuilt from the ground up b/c of it's PSP roots if it is to be included. I guess we'll know in a few hours so i'm gonna cross my fingers.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

only interested if they actually redo MGS1

No way I would want to play MGS1 exactly how it was back then. Maybe if they managed to make it wide screen that would be acceptable (although not sure if that wouldn't break the Ocelot fight and other things) but other than that I want to see every last bloated pixel.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@korwin said:

@jay_ray said:
    @oscar__explosion said:

Games made for the PS4 don't just magically work on PC.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Finally. Will be nice to have everything on an Xbox console for the first time ever. Hope to see more shelf space-saving collections like Halo and Metal Gear.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well if it comes to PC, I'm down for some OG Metal Gear again.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@korwin said:

@jay_ray said:
    @oscar__explosion said:

I didn't say that, I simply said that the amount of effort required is analogous to that of a PS4 port.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@korwin said:

@bollard said:

@korwin said:

@jay_ray said:
    @oscar__explosion said:

I didn't say that, I simply said that the amount of effort required is analogous to that of a PS4 port.

Sorry, misunderstood the context of the quote.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.