METAL GEAR EXISTENCE

Avatar image for regularassmilk
#1 Posted by regularassmilk (1693 posts) -

I wonder what it will be? does anyone have an idea?


I was hoping for a remake of Metal Gear Solid, or a remake of Metal Gear or Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake


However, it will probably be what a revamped MGS4. Kinda like MGS3 Subsistence
I couldn't think what they would add on though. 

Avatar image for mattyftm
#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14807 posts) -

360 MGS4 (I know it's not likely, but I can dream, can't I?)

Moderator
Avatar image for regularassmilk
#3 Posted by regularassmilk (1693 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"360 MGS4 (I know it's not likely, but I can dream, can't I?)"
lol, not even in the wettest of your dreams. In other words, That isn't going to happen
Avatar image for mattyftm
#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14807 posts) -
regularassmilk said:
"MattyFTM said:
"360 MGS4 (I know it's not likely, but I can dream, can't I?)"
lol, not even in the wettest of your dreams. In other words, That isn't going to happen"
I don't think its as impossible as some people make out, yet I don't think it's particularly likely either.
Moderator
Avatar image for samcotts
#5 Posted by samcotts (2432 posts) -

I really hope it's a remake of one of the older games, but it seems likely to be a revamped MGS4 as you said.

Avatar image for regularassmilk
#6 Posted by regularassmilk (1693 posts) -

Heres a pic of the 360 version.                                                                        Link

Avatar image for drebin_893
#7 Posted by Drebin_893 (3184 posts) -

I hovered over, saw it was YouTube, and I'm so glad I clicked it. That made me chuckle.

Avatar image for pause
#8 Posted by pause422 (6331 posts) -

It will most likely be no different that substance and subsistence, just have 1 or 2 things new, or a bit more content , other than that same old game.

Avatar image for foxhound421
#9 Edited by foxhound421 (82 posts) -

i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW.

Avatar image for liquidprince
#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (16884 posts) -
foxhound421 said:
"i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW."
My friend has MGS english on his PSP...

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

Avatar image for charleslegrand
#11 Edited by Charleslegrand (197 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"foxhound421 said:
"i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW."
My friend has MGS english on his PSP...

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

"
Well it took ten years for that to happen to Half-Life so we're pretty much due for Metal Gear Solid as well.  All we need is a team of modders wanting to spend a ton of time working on it and for Konami to give them access to MGS4 mod tools. 
...Not likely?  Pfff!
Avatar image for liquidprince
#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (16884 posts) -
Charleslegrand said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"foxhound421 said:
"i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW."
My friend has MGS english on his PSP...

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

"
Well it took ten years for that to happen to Half-Life so we're pretty much due for Metal Gear Solid as well.  All we need is a team of modders wanting to spend a ton of time working on it and for Konami to give them access to MGS4 mod tools. 
...Not likely?  Pfff!
"

You think it would ever look as good as an actual Konami release with their teams of 200 people...?


No...

Avatar image for charleslegrand
#13 Edited by Charleslegrand (197 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Charleslegrand said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"foxhound421 said:
"i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW."
My friend has MGS english on his PSP...

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

"
Well it took ten years for that to happen to Half-Life so we're pretty much due for Metal Gear Solid as well.  All we need is a team of modders wanting to spend a ton of time working on it and for Konami to give them access to MGS4 mod tools. 
...Not likely?  Pfff!
"

You think it would ever look as good as an actual Konami release with their teams of 200 people...?


No...

"
Well look at the Black Mesa team.  I don't think there's a better example of what dedicated modders can do.  I mean, seriously, remaking the whole game ??  That's just crazy!  And yet here we are.
Avatar image for liquidprince
#14 Posted by LiquidPrince (16884 posts) -
Charleslegrand said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Charleslegrand said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"foxhound421 said:
"i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW."
My friend has MGS english on his PSP...

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

"
Well it took ten years for that to happen to Half-Life so we're pretty much due for Metal Gear Solid as well.  All we need is a team of modders wanting to spend a ton of time working on it and for Konami to give them access to MGS4 mod tools. 
...Not likely?  Pfff!
"

You think it would ever look as good as an actual Konami release with their teams of 200 people...?


No...

"
Well look at the Black Mesa team.  I don't think there's a better example of what dedicated modders can do.  I mean, seriously, remaking the whole game ??  That's just crazy!  And yet here we are."

Yeah but a game of Half-Life is much simpler then a game like Metal Gear. Metal Gear has a lot of intricacies.


Avatar image for elbow
#15 Posted by elbow (374 posts) -

At first I'd totally agree with you guys on the whole remake the originals, but now I really don't. I'd rather have something like, more missions, or something else.

Avatar image for charleslegrand
#16 Posted by Charleslegrand (197 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Charleslegrand said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Charleslegrand said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"foxhound421 said:
"i've always thought that a complete re-make of the original Metal Gear (a-la Bionic Commando: Rearmed) with some modern gameplay elements of the Solid series like the roll, wall-press, etc… would be the shit as a downloadable PSP/PSN title.

or just MGS1 for the PSP. in english. sans CFW."
My friend has MGS english on his PSP...

Anyways, I'm hoping they remake MGS 1, 2, and 3 using the MGS4 engine. Unlikely, but I can hope.

"
Well it took ten years for that to happen to Half-Life so we're pretty much due for Metal Gear Solid as well.  All we need is a team of modders wanting to spend a ton of time working on it and for Konami to give them access to MGS4 mod tools. 
...Not likely?  Pfff!
"

You think it would ever look as good as an actual Konami release with their teams of 200 people...?


No...

"
Well look at the Black Mesa team.  I don't think there's a better example of what dedicated modders can do.  I mean, seriously, remaking the whole game ??  That's just crazy!  And yet here we are."

Yeah but a game of Half-Life is much simpler then a game like Metal Gear. Metal Gear has a lot of intricacies.


"
Agreed.  But the platform also has a big part to play in this : even if Konami made modding tools powerful yet easy to use, I just don't see the PS3 becoming a modding platform.  At least, nowhere near the level that PC modding is at.

It's definitely in the hands of the developper.  Not just because of the complexity of the tools but also because of the platform.
Avatar image for keeng
#17 Posted by Keeng (1023 posts) -
elbow said:
"

At first I'd totally agree with you guys on the whole remake the originals, but now I really don't. I'd rather have something like, more missions, or something else.

"
I think I'm in the same boat as you. I would buy multiple copies of any MGS remake for PS3, but I would prefer an extended version of MGS4 over anything else. My speculation on Existence is that it's another "Director's Cut" game like Subsistence. However, it's worth saying when they did that to MGS2 and 3, they added a lot of stuff that the special edition of MGS4 already has. I guess I'll just wait and see.
Avatar image for brukaoru
#18 Posted by brukaoru (5134 posts) -

Existence is just going to be an expansion of Metal Gear Solid 4. I was a bit disappointed when I heard about it (even though I shouldn't be surprised with the other games having expansions). I spent over $80 on the Collector's Edition and I don't see what this new addition could come with to warrant me paying more money. I guess we will see.

Avatar image for chililili
#19 Posted by chililili (1432 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Existence is just going to be an expansion of Metal Gear Solid 4. I was a bit disappointed when I heard about it (even though I shouldn't be surprised with the other games having expansions). I spent over $80 on the Collector's Edition and I don't see what this new addition could come with to warrant me paying more money. I guess we will see."
Most of the times they bring tighter controls and some more guns to the table, but nothing new story wise. Perhaps an alternate ending in which Liquid wins? That would be sorta cool. I would pay for it if it was realeased as a PSN expansion pack/addon not gonna go full price again.
Avatar image for pause
#20 Posted by pause422 (6331 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Existence is just going to be an expansion of Metal Gear Solid 4. I was a bit disappointed when I heard about it (even though I shouldn't be surprised with the other games having expansions). I spent over $80 on the Collector's Edition and I don't see what this new addition could come with to warrant me paying more money. I guess we will see."
I doubt it will be much, just like the other re-releases. I would honestly not my a throwback to the older games with some VR, maybe allowing you to play as some of the other cooler characters, like Greyfox, just for the hell of it....but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it won't be worth paying for all over again, I got the collector's edition as well.
Avatar image for thegreatguero
#21 Posted by TheGreatGuero (8881 posts) -

I kind of hate how Konami does this with the MGS games. You buy their MGS games when they comes out, and less than a year later they release an updated version of it with added modes and such and you wanna buy it, but then again you just paid $60 for the same game and don't really want to pay that much again for a couple bonus modes. Anyway, I hope to God it comes to 360.

Avatar image for spincookie
#22 Posted by SpinCookie (749 posts) -

Where is this listed?  I never heard of it before.

Avatar image for roushimsx
#23 Posted by roushimsx (526 posts) -
MGS3: Existence Disc
It already came out as part of the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition...
Avatar image for pause
#24 Posted by pause422 (6331 posts) -

its still called "Metal Gear Solid 3:Subsistence at the core, this will be called MGS4: Existence we're guessing from the start, not just the name of a single disc on another game. Regardless I'm not gonna get it,  I doubt it will be worth the upgrade at all, if its the same kinda addition they put on the other games.

Avatar image for hamburgair
#25 Posted by hamburgAir (23 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.