Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Franchise »

Tactical, Espionage, Action. A revered and long-running series directed by Hideo Kojima.

Metal Gear Theories

No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No

Now, I'm not into the Metal Gear franchise, since I've never really played them. But this teaser was too interesting for me to pass. Of course, I'm talking about the teaser that Konami put up about a new Metal Gear:

Interesting...
    Interesting...

There are many theories going on about this. I've thought of my own, and they do actually make sense. So I'm just going to list off all the theories:

1. The iPhone theory:

There's been some word that this could mean: iPhone + AC!D = AC!D coming to the iPhone. This sounds like it makes sense, but there's a piece missing. That piece is the sum, which in this case, the power button image. That's all there is to this one. Overall, it's a good theory.

2. The 360 theory:

Again, there's been a lot of talk and hope about this one. This one is: ? + AC!D = AC!D on the 360. Again, there's a piece missing here, which is the i at the beginning. And since the power button image looks like the power button for the 360, and since the font color is green, this could be right. But what about the i at the beginning?

3. The DSi theory:

This one is similar to the 360 theory. It's: DSi + AC!D = AC!D on the DSi. Then again, what about the sum?

4. The Wii theory:

This one is the same as the 360 and DSi theory. The i could bee one of the Wii's i's. So this one is: Wii + AC!D = AC!D on the Wii. I know I've been putting AC!D in all the theories, but it seems to be the only relevant thing to the !.

Now that I've list off all the theories I've heard. I'm going to list my own:

1. My 360 theory:

My theory completes the 360's theory. You know how all the letters in the alphabet have a number? Well, i is 9. And since ! could mean AC!D, the power button image looks similar to the 360's power button, and the font color is green, I've come up with this: 2009 + AC!D = AC!D coming to the 360 in 2009. Makes sense, right?

2. A next Metal Gear is...

I've come up with 3 ways to conclude this one: A next Metal Gear is coming, a next Metal Gear is here, and a next Metal Gear is [insert sequel/prequel/ number here]. The first one makes the most sense in my opinion. The second is next to never. Finally, the third one might mean that there's a new Metal Gear coming out, but it doesn't make too much sense.

So yeah, these are all of the ones I've heard, and my own. What about your theories?
    No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By No

Now, I'm not into the Metal Gear franchise, since I've never really played them. But this teaser was too interesting for me to pass. Of course, I'm talking about the teaser that Konami put up about a new Metal Gear:

Interesting...
    Interesting...

There are many theories going on about this. I've thought of my own, and they do actually make sense. So I'm just going to list off all the theories:

1. The iPhone theory:

There's been some word that this could mean: iPhone + AC!D = AC!D coming to the iPhone. This sounds like it makes sense, but there's a piece missing. That piece is the sum, which in this case, the power button image. That's all there is to this one. Overall, it's a good theory.

2. The 360 theory:

Again, there's been a lot of talk and hope about this one. This one is: ? + AC!D = AC!D on the 360. Again, there's a piece missing here, which is the i at the beginning. And since the power button image looks like the power button for the 360, and since the font color is green, this could be right. But what about the i at the beginning?

3. The DSi theory:

This one is similar to the 360 theory. It's: DSi + AC!D = AC!D on the DSi. Then again, what about the sum?

4. The Wii theory:

This one is the same as the 360 and DSi theory. The i could bee one of the Wii's i's. So this one is: Wii + AC!D = AC!D on the Wii. I know I've been putting AC!D in all the theories, but it seems to be the only relevant thing to the !.

Now that I've list off all the theories I've heard. I'm going to list my own:

1. My 360 theory:

My theory completes the 360's theory. You know how all the letters in the alphabet have a number? Well, i is 9. And since ! could mean AC!D, the power button image looks similar to the 360's power button, and the font color is green, I've come up with this: 2009 + AC!D = AC!D coming to the 360 in 2009. Makes sense, right?

2. A next Metal Gear is...

I've come up with 3 ways to conclude this one: A next Metal Gear is coming, a next Metal Gear is here, and a next Metal Gear is [insert sequel/prequel/ number here]. The first one makes the most sense in my opinion. The second is next to never. Finally, the third one might mean that there's a new Metal Gear coming out, but it doesn't make too much sense.

So yeah, these are all of the ones I've heard, and my own. What about your theories?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

Or there is the "theory" (*cough* almost certainly factual *cough*) that it is protagonist themed soda DLC for use in the game. The Playstation 3 game.

Famitsu pulled the article suggesting they published it early and Konami weren't impressed.

EDIT: Or apparently that has been confirmed as being fake now... Oh who gives a shit. It's Metal Gear Ac!d for the DSi or iPhone.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

That power symbol is not exclusive to the xbox, I see it on my vacuum, computer monitor, speakers .. etc.   I don't think it necessarily means "Xbox" but the color does make me want to speculate that.   It's more entertaining I think to watch this snowball roll through the internet.  Internet rumors about videos games (for instance the halo trailer we saw a month ago) are interesting reads.

No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By No
    get2sammyb said:
    "Or there is the "theory" (*cough* almost certainly factual *cough*) that it is protagonist themed soda DLC for use in the game. The Playstation 3 game.

Famitsu pulled the article suggesting they published it early and Konami weren't impressed.

EDIT: Or apparently that has been confirmed as being fake now... Oh who gives a shit. It's Metal Gear Ac!d for the DSi or iPhone."
    Metal Gear Soda. xD

I guess there's a possibility that it's a fake, though.

Out_On_Bail said:
    "That power symbol is not exclusive to the xbox, I see it on my vacuum, computer monitor, speakers .. etc.   I don't think it necessarily means "Xbox" but the color does make me want to speculate that.   It's more entertaining I think to watch this snowball roll through the internet.  Internet rumors about videos games (for instance the halo trailer we saw a month ago) are interesting reads."
    Well, I don't really think that they're going to release a MG on the vacuum, but I get your point. Although, the DS doesn't have that power button, and neither does the iPhone, from what I can remember.

I find it fun to guess and then see if I'm right when they tell us what it really meant. I agree though, they are interesting reads.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar

It is very apparent you haven't played Metal Gear Solid... The exclamation point appears above guards' heads when they see you.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Out_On_Bail said:
    "That power symbol is not exclusive to the xbox, I see it on my vacuum, computer monitor, speakers .. etc.   I don't think it necessarily means "Xbox" but the color does make me want to speculate that.   It's more entertaining I think to watch this snowball roll through the internet.  Internet rumors about videos games (for instance the halo trailer we saw a month ago) are interesting reads."
    Well that could also mean its coming out on the PC then, since every PC case has that symbol etched in. Hell, even the PS3 has that symbol as well. <it is the universal symbol for the power button>

The only thing can conclude then is that the next metal gear is gonna be on a device that has a power button.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

I think that the insertion of the exclamation point into the circle is saying that there's gonna be a super amazing, realistic-looking sex scene added featuring Snake's old balls...just to please all those fanboys.

No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By No
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "It is very apparent you haven't played Metal Gear Solid... The exclamation point appears above guards' heads when they see you."
    I'm well aware of that. I just couldn't think of anything that it could relate to.

StaticFalconar said:
    "Out_On_Bail said:
    Well that could also mean its coming out on the PC then, since every PC case has that symbol etched in. Hell, even the PS3 has that symbol as well. <it is the universal symbol for the power button>

The only thing can conclude then is that the next metal gear is gonna be on a device that has a power button."
    Yeah, but the image in the picture is a bit different from the usual power button. It's more of an exclamation mark.

jakob187 said:
    "I think that the insertion of the exclamation point into the circle is saying that there's gonna be a super amazing, realistic-looking sex scene added featuring Snake's old balls...just to please all those fanboys."
    You might have somethin' there...
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, the exclamation point is the problem, it could mean anything. I would like another Metal Gear AC!D. 

I don't think 360, There has never been a Metal Gear game on a MS console, but the color does match.

God, Why is Kojima fucking with my mind again. 
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DualReaver

It's obviously going to be a game for the Xbox 360. I don't see how anyone can have any doubt about that. They wouldn't be pulling this kind of shit if it wasn't. It's just a question of what game is it exactly.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    addictedtopinescent said:
    "Yeah, the exclamation point is the problem, it could mean anything. I would like another Metal Gear AC!D. 
    I don't think 360, There has never been a Metal Gear game on a MS console, but the color does match.

God, Why is Kojima fucking with my mind again. 
    "
    dude, this is giantbomb.com, you better get your facts straight, take your little mouse pointer and click it on the search bar to the top right, and type in Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
    now go along now. go on. shew!
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar
    DualReaver said:
    "It's obviously going to be a game for the Xbox 360. I don't see how anyone can have any doubt about that. They wouldn't be pulling this kind of shit if it wasn't. It's just a question of what game is it exactly."
    With the green of 360, the i of the iPhone, the font of the Wii, Hideo is just doing what he does best. Fucking with your minds.

Anybody that concludes its obviously going to be anything, choosing one over the other is saying that please themselves. Is saying that because that is what they hope for the most. No matter how you spin it, it will always makes sense because you spun it that way.

Don't think too hard about it, it can be anything.

The 360 has a power source, as does the Wii and IPhone, The color matches, the font matches, so for all we know its gonna be anything and everything that has a power source.

No said:
    "
    StaticFalconar said:

The only thing can conclude then is that the next metal gear is gonna be on a device that has a power button."
    Yeah, but the image in the picture is a bit different from the usual power button. It's more of an exclamation mark.

"
    Yeah, but the 360's power button is just the universal symbol for the power button, and doesn't have a ! there either.

So, I'm sticking with next project needs a power source.
    commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By commodore64

My theory is that Hideo wants to tell us that exclamation point plus upside down exclamation point equals power button  symbol.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EvilTwin

All I know is if this is a small project (like some form of MGS on an iPhone or DSi) then they had better announce it soon.  Otherwise the excitement they initially generated is going to be lost.  If it is something as big as an MGS4 port, well, they didn't need the teaser to generate excitement in the first place.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive

every single metal gear solid game had some kind of updated version. 

metal gear solid 1 had VR Missions
    Metal Gear Solid 2 had Substance
    Metal Gear Solid 3 had Subsistence 
    and this new rumored game should be Metal Gear Solid 4: Existence
    who knows what that has to do with the silly secret website. 
    No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By No
    dcpc10 said:
    "I still think its gonna be a second MGS for the psp, I can just sense it.

BTW, OP, couldn't you have made a more...unique username? Well I guess mine's pretty...''generic'' too but what if someone with the username ''yes'' joins GB...what are ya gonna do?"
    Yeah, I'm not too good with names. Trust me, it's one of the things I find really hard to do.

TwoOneFive has a point, but StaticFalconar does too. I guess we'll have to wait then?
    Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vitefish

My theory is that there is just going to be another normal PS3 MGS game and nothing else. He is just toying us.

P.S. I try not to think too hard about things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.