Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Franchise »

Tactical, Espionage, Action. A revered and long-running series directed by Hideo Kojima.

Musical plagiarism

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HandsomeDead

Besides for the accusations of plagiarlism for the main theme, presumably why it wasn't featured in MGS4 but I was watching the legendary action movie Speed the other day and the score from that is shockingly similar:

There has to be more to this than a similarity, particularly knowing Kojima's affinity for Hollywood movies.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

yeah it sounds similar

Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blinck

AND I, HAD, THE TIME OF MY LIIFEEEEE, NO I NEVER FELT THIS WAY BE FOR !! AND I SWEAAAR, IT'S THE TRUUUUUUTH AND I OWE IT ALL TO YOOOOOOOOOOUUU

Sorry about that,

Yes, it does sound samiliar.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

MGS has a tendancy sometimes not to stray far enough away from its inspirations. Its fine if you're making a game that basically copies a bunch of shit from others, just change things enough to avoid lawsuits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.