Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Franchise »

Tactical, Espionage, Action. A revered and long-running series directed by Hideo Kojima.

New Metal Gear Legacy Collection to include MGS1 re-release?

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By reisz
    No Caption Provided

This image from Kojima's twitter account would suggest a complete collection of the canon Solid games, that is definitely Shadow Moses era Snake on the far right.

Apparently an entry from the Korean ratings board outed the title as "The Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection". Whether this means an updated "HD" version of the PlayStation MGS, an upgraded port of Twin Snakes or (In my ridiculous fantasy world) a modern engine remake is unclear but this is something I want to get in on either way.

I would expect if it does launch before Ground Zeroes, to see it on XBOX 360 too as that seems like a good time to offer these games to people who may have only ever owned a Microsoft console.The Korean Ratings board entry lists this as a PS3 title specifically.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure about it being on the 360 as Old Snake is in this image so you'd assume MGS4 would be part of this 'collection' if that is indeed what it is.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Buy them all again for the first time.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Metal Gear Solid holds a special place in my heart and it wasn't included in the HD pack so I didn't bother. If this will be a true complete box meaning, MGS, MGS2, MGS3: Subsistence and MGS4 then thats pretty cool.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming this is a collection for next gen consoles. I didn't get the HD collection and I never played 4, so I'll definitely get this if it comes out for whichever console I end up getting.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

I'm not sure about it being on the 360 as Old Snake is in this image so you'd assume MGS4 would be part of this 'collection' if that is indeed what it is.

Oh right, Hmm honestly never occurred to me, seems a little less relelvant if it's only on PS3, maybe it will be across current and next gen? that seems. . . . unlikely. On a second look The Korean Ratings board entry lists it as for PS3 so you're probably spot on.

Buy them all again for the first time.

Right? this would count as my 5th copy of the original Metal Gear Solid, if we're talking a port of Twin Snakes with trophies or something equally nuts though, that's somewhat fresh.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By FLStyle

MGS1 with the MGS4 engine please, I don't want cut-scenes in which snake steps on missiles and flips off them (Twin Snakes). That kind of thing happening in the sequels/prequels/remakes is what made those games that little bit less special than MGS1.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

MGS1 with the MGS4 engine please, I don't want cut-scenes in which snake steps on missiles and flips off them (Twin Snakes). That kind of thing happening in the sequels/prequels/remakes is what made those games that little bit less special than MGS1.

Oh god damn, I forgot about that. . . . They got some action movie director to re-choreograph the cutscenes right? looking through the wiki it was Ryuhei Kitamura. no wonder it went as far out there as it did.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I would like a full blown HD treatment on MGS1 like.... who doesn't wanna crawl back and forth through the vent 5 times to see Meryl in her panties in HD?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.