Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Anyone else waiting for the price to go lower?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Getz

Couldn't get in on the steam sale because my PC would choke on it's own bile trying to run this thing, so I'm waiting till I can get this game for like 20 bucks and it just doesn't seem to be happening. 40 bucks new on 360? You gotta be shitting me.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

it was like 10$ on steam the other week.   Dunno how much lower it can go.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Wasn't it $10 on something on Steam? Anyway, if you don't want to upgrade your computer, you could have a go at playing in with DirectX9. My guess is that there will be another big (mid-year) Steam sale soon.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Getz

haha, I love how I try to pre-empt the steam sale comments but I got 'em anyway. Oh well, reading is over-rated.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jking47

Try reading BeachThunder's comment before bitching about reading, he suggested you try using directX9. It is not a very graphically intensive game.

And I would like to add that this game is fully worth $40, its great. The atmosphere is amazing, and while the shooting isn't the best, I like the weapons. You can shoot charged up ball bearings yo
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By ectoplasma

I'm always happy about people who can't read myself :). But to their defense: You didn't make it perfectly clear that you only want to pick it up on the xbox and not would also buy it for PC if you can get it for very cheap and just play it tuned down to the lowest setting or something. 

On topic: I guess I'm actually gonna buy it for PC someday, I'm just spectical since I get motion sickness from most FPS (I can play Mw2 and L4d2 for example).
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Getz
    @jking47 said:
    " Try reading BeachThunder's comment before bitching about reading, he suggested you try using directX9. It is not a very graphically intensive game.

And I would like to add that this game is fully worth $40, its great. The atmosphere is amazing, and while the shooting isn't the best, I like the weapons. You can shoot charged up ball bearings yo
    "
    A snarky aside hardly counts as "bitching" and I wasn't referring to his comments but Marz's. Anyway, my laptop is all I have and it can't even run Civ V in DX9 so I'm not willing to risk money on the PC version. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

The game was liek 5 bucks a few weeks ago, why didn't you just buy it then and play later?

99.9% of the games people buy on Steam aren't even played so it wouldn't make a difference.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Getz
    @KaosAngel: yeah, I've got like 5 games with 0 hours played on Steam.
    russcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By russcat

It's on for $5 today on steam. Just picked it up.

jacksonroye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By jacksonroye

^ What he said. I've got 10 minutes left on my download.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.