Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Gas mask=timed missions?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

Sort of, but you can buy or scavenge for new filters, and your filters carry over to the next mission. It's less of a mechanic and more of a resource, like ammo.

Avatar image for thedeadcomedian
    TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheDeadComedian
    @extremeradical:  Ya but when you run out of ammo you can hide or use your knife. Btw im stuck at a part really early in the game after Bourbon gets captured by his "friends." Do i stay in the grate or kill everybody, because the latter option is fucking impossible
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald
    @TheDeadComedian said:
    " @extremeradical:  Ya but when you run out of ammo you can hide or use your knife. Btw im stuck at a part really early in the game after Bourbon gets captured by his "friends." Do i stay in the grate or kill everybody, because the latter option is fucking impossible "
    Leave out the left side of the vent, remain hidden, use throwing knives on lone guards, and use the compass.
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hamst3r
    @TheDeadComedian said:
    " @extremeradical:  Ya but when you run out of ammo you can hide or use your knife. Btw im stuck at a part really early in the game after Bourbon gets captured by his "friends." Do i stay in the grate or kill everybody, because the latter option is fucking impossible "
    It just takes a lot of sneaking around and shooting people in the face. I suggest using the pistol as it has so far seemed to be more effective than most of the other weapons. No need to go stealth, just keep your distance. :P
    pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pwnasaurus
    @mrcool11 said:
    "Is the gas mask just a way of artificially adding tension to the game, basically turning it into a series of timed missions? Sure you can find filters and such to extend the time limit, but any game back in the 90's had that in one way or another as well. "

you can buy new ones find older ones and if your not terrible at video games you will survive easily i played through twice and didnt die once because of no more filters
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Dustpan

FYI the sneaking in this game blows big time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.