Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Lost Catacombs help

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By ApolloJ85

No idea what's going on here.... 

I keep dying just after Bourbon opens that rusty gate right at the start of the level. Just wheeze a few times and collapse. There doesn't seem to be any indication as to why, so.... What the hell?

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gosukiller

Are you wearing your gasmask?
    I don't know which level you are, but if you die mysteriously it's usually 3 things
    1) You walked into a trapwire
    2) You are not wearing your gasmask
    3) Your flashlight is off and you just walked into something that I won't spoil for you.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ApolloJ85

Thanks, but I tried all that. At least the save point is close by.

Fuck it. I'm gonna go play something else.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pweidman

Apollo, during the purple screen cut, go forward toward your partner; that'll get you to another scripted thing and you'll get through.  Took me a while to get that as well.  And not to worry, more frustration awaits. :p
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By foggel

Haha, I was stuck at the exact same place. I had no idea what was going on. But it's not a cutscene... you're supposed to walk towards the gate.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ApolloJ85

Ugh. I see. Thanks. 

It didn't help that on a couple of my efforts the game told me that I died from touching a ghost. And then it told me that I died from amoeba. So confusing. 

The lack of user-friendly devices in this game really makes me feel like I'm playing a foreign PC game on my 360. It brings back memories of wandering around Chernobyl without a clue in Stalker.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.