Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

The stealth seems strange...

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Or maybe I just don't understand it? basically I'm on the level Frontline with a silenced pistol with a scope and I can't pass the first part of the mission where you drop of the cart. What I'm basically trying to do is first shoot out the lantern, the guards go to their posts, shoot out the remaining guards and go to the right of the cart so I can go forward. The thing is, whenever I go to the left and hide behind the cart they open fire straight away, even though my watch is in the green and my flashlight is off.

It's also extremely frustrating when one person sees you, everyone know where you are.

Am I just bad or is the stealth just really wonky?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention the game keeps crashing for no reason at this part...

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stealth is just kind of wonky. Insta-global alert and ridiculous cone vision that seems to be independent of lighting. You just have to game the system more than anything.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd be careful with shooting guards, pretty sure if they end up seeing the body you get caught too. Found that mission was best done by killing no one, and sneaking along some of the (what I think where) hidden passageways.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Stealth is borderline broken in the first Metro so don't bother.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.