Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Whats Metro 2033 360 edition like?

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Davvyk

Im pretty much itching to make a purchase on Metro for my 360 and was planning to make a launch day purchase until i watched the quick look here on giant bomb.  
    The 360 edition appears to have some pretty bad slow down issues and im just looking to get an opinion from people who have now played a chunk on the 360. Is the slowdown as bad as the quick look made it appear or is it just in isolated locations? I only ask as out of the 4 or 5 xbox specific reviews i have read not a single one mentions technical issues. 

Thanks in advance!

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ApolloJ85
    @Davvyk: About 2 - 3 hours in, had some very heavy firefights with loads of enemies. No slow down yet. 
    Honestly, if no reviewer has specifically mentioned framerate issues as a negative factor, its not a problem.
    Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Davvyk
    @ApolloJ85:  

Yeah i was thinking it was odd that no reviews mentioned slow down yet its glaringly obvious in the quick look. Conflicting evidence from video and text reviews. 

Ahhh il just buy it
    Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Jais

The 360 version is good. It isn't nearly as bad as people claim it is.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO

In a sea of shooters, Metro 2033 seems mediocre at best.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By ApolloJ85
    @EVO: it ain't really a shooter. Well it is, but most people won't be playing it to shoot stuff. Its probably closer to survival horror in parts.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman

There's no slowdown at all tc.  I've heard that the GB crew has to slow down the FR to film the quicklooks....dunno really why/true.?? 

Anywayz: 
    I'm almost done w/my 1st playthrough, and the game is great in many respects.  The graphics and models are excellent(esp. the monsters!!). It doesn't hold your hand though; be prepared to figure stuff out without much clue.  The atmosphere and setting is very immersive, and the gameplay is good once you get used to it.  It's a shooter/stealth mix for sure.  There are glitches, nothing gamebreaking at all though, and at times the enemy human AI are dumb, but mostly it is tense, gritty, and fun...especially towards the end imo.  There's also replayability because there are so many side areas to find, and missions that aren't required to finish to progress the story, and some are easy to miss.  I expect the replay to be even better from the orientation of the first play and the chance to get all the mission achieves etc. 

Oh and btw, the word from the russian community is that if you understand/speak russian, the story and comments throughout the game add a ton to the story and interest of the many npcs.  Apparently the English translation is rather weak.  Russian is a language option, and could add to the immersion even more, understanding or no I spose.
    Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Davvyk

Well ive played up to and past the pointof the quick look now and have had little to no slow so all in all am very happy. Turning out to be great so far.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Does anyone have an idea of about how long this game is? 
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I haven't had any slowdown yet, and I'm more than half-way through the game. There are bugs in the game, but nothing game-breaking or too frustrating, and I believe you'll find those bugs no matter which version of the game you play.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Ineedaname

I've not had any slow downs only some glitches.

The main one easily fixable is when I pull out the clip board to look at objectives, and put it away, if I do so too quickly it seems to stay there when I have a gun out, so there's both the clipboard and gun on screen, it's rather annoying, it's fixed by retaking it out over and over till it goes though.

That's it for glitches, the games actually pretty good, especially some of the odd stealth things, like hiding behind a wall knowing a monster is going to run past putting your light out and hoping to God he carrier on because ammo is scarce.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Davvyk:
    I havent encountered any big problems like slowdowns. So far it runs smooth and I am thoroughly enjoying the game.
    Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Evil_Alaska
    @Godlyawesomeguy said:
    " @Davvyk: I havent encountered any big problems like slowdowns. So far it runs smooth and I am thoroughly enjoying the game. "
    Beat it and started a second play through. The only real issue of slowdown, and its a big one, is in D6 during the ameba attack. The rest of the game played really well for me.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @PeasantAbuse said:
    " Does anyone have an idea of about how long this game is?  "
    My friend beat it on the PC in 8 hours.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By thatfrood

it's a great game.

zeezkos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeezkos

I've been trying to decide whether to get this on the PC or 360... I'd prefer to control it on the pc, but unless I move it over to where my tv is buying it on 360 would give a better immersion with the tv/surrounds.   I had heard on other reviews that the 360 version was buggy (at least on release) compared to the PC version.. does anyone know if this has changed after all these months ?

thx in advance

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Meltac

The 360 version was not as bad as some claimed it was. I completed it 3 times, and never ran into problems. It looked great, and played great, but if you have a PC, which can play it, I would say you should buy it for that. Mostly because the game was intendedfor that platform, and it looks stunning with all settings maxed out. 

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By FirePrince

The 360 version runs just fine.I had no slowdown at all during my playthrough.

zeezkos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeezkos

Ic, thx.  The main thing i saw in the GT review was the odd ragdoll physics on corpses and some AI that seemed really bad, but comments below the review said the pc version was ok, the AI may have been due to low difficulty setting etc.    Doesn't help the 360 that the pc version is on sale quite often...might get it used, though.  My basic  pc specs are:

Radeon 3870 512mb
    4g ram
    core 2 quad q6600

going to test the pc-tv hook-up this weekend, but I'd rather wait for a vidcard upgrade like the 5870 so i can just hdmi --> receiver, rather than dvi + sound.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.