Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid: Other M

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

Set between the events of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, Other M follows Samus Aran on a rescue mission to a derelict ship in deep space where she encounters her former commanding officer and a whole host of old and new trouble.

Metroid: Other M Commercial

Avatar image for insanity_pepper
    insanity_pepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Edited By insanity_pepper

All the games in Metroid franchise has garnered critical acclaim. Despite this, the series has never been met with the commercial success of other Nintendo franchises, such as Mario or Zelda. The reasoning is probably because Nintendo never starts a serious, mainstream ad campaign. It has not been since the first Metroid Prime that Nintendo has made any effort advertising for Metroid games.   

Nintendo has recently began airing a commercial for Metroid: Other M, and it doesn't involve a family playing together in their living room. 

I am not very fond of Nintendo mixing live action and CG sequences in the commercial. The CG that is already used in the game is so well produced it seemed unnecessary to involve live actors. Even so I am glad to see that Nintendo is actually trying give Metroid: Other M a shot at being commercially successful.
    Avatar image for insanity_pepper
    insanity_pepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By insanity_pepper

All the games in Metroid franchise has garnered critical acclaim. Despite this, the series has never been met with the commercial success of other Nintendo franchises, such as Mario or Zelda. The reasoning is probably because Nintendo never starts a serious, mainstream ad campaign. It has not been since the first Metroid Prime that Nintendo has made any effort advertising for Metroid games.   

Nintendo has recently began airing a commercial for Metroid: Other M, and it doesn't involve a family playing together in their living room. 

I am not very fond of Nintendo mixing live action and CG sequences in the commercial. The CG that is already used in the game is so well produced it seemed unnecessary to involve live actors. Even so I am glad to see that Nintendo is actually trying give Metroid: Other M a shot at being commercially successful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.