Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid: Other M

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

Set between the events of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, Other M follows Samus Aran on a rescue mission to a derelict ship in deep space where she encounters her former commanding officer and a whole host of old and new trouble.

So I'am ashamed... I can't beat the first boss.

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skullo

He's a motherfucker. Go into visor mode and you get fucked.  How do you beat him and what other tips do you all have for me on playing this game.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

remind me which one is the first boss again?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Yeah, I can't remember who the first boss is either. Is it the giant blob that you have to fight with Adam's Team? 

Oh wait, it's obviously that guy. OK, keep running in circles and watch him for his sweeping attack. When he does that, jump over his hands when they swing. When the team freezes him with their guns, as fast as possible you need to aim at the frozen area and shoot a missile. I can't remember if you have to do anything before that, you might have to hit his face with a missle beforehand. If so, do it RIGHT after he does an attack because there is just the right amount of time.

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Skullo
    @xyzygy said:
    " Yeah, I can't remember who the first boss is either. Is it the giant blob that you have to fight with Adam's Team?  Oh wait, it's obviously that guy. OK, keep running in circles and watch him for his sweeping attack. When he does that, jump over his hands when they swing. When the team freezes him with their guns, as fast as possible you need to aim at the frozen area and shoot a missile. I can't remember if you have to do anything before that, you might have to hit his face with a missle beforehand. If so, do it RIGHT after he does an attack because there is just the right amount of time. "

Oh fuck. So charged shot to the eye doesn't do anything? Well there goes my strategy. So circle strafe, jump over his hands when they swing. ?The team will freeze him with their guns, aim at the frozen area and shoot the missile at him? You might have to hit his face with a
    missile beforehand?

Dammit.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @Skullo said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " Yeah, I can't remember who the first boss is either. Is it the giant blob that you have to fight with Adam's Team?  Oh wait, it's obviously that guy. OK, keep running in circles and watch him for his sweeping attack. When he does that, jump over his hands when they swing. When the team freezes him with their guns, as fast as possible you need to aim at the frozen area and shoot a missile. I can't remember if you have to do anything before that, you might have to hit his face with a missle beforehand. If so, do it RIGHT after he does an attack because there is just the right amount of time. "
     Oh fuck. So charged shot to the eye doesn't do anything? Well there goes my strategy. So circle strafe, jump over his hands when they swing. ?The team will freeze him with their guns, aim at the frozen area and shoot the missile at him? You might have to hit his face with a missile beforehand?  Dammit. "
    Essentially, you need to start the fight by dodging the boss's attacks.  Charged beam shots won't do anything.  If you try a missile attack, the game should go to a cutscene where Adam will authorize the team to use their freeze guns.  When the team uses their guns to freeze one of the monster's limbs, lock on and destroy it with a missile.  Keep doing the monster's attacks and destroy each part in turn as they're frozen.  When only the eyeball is left, one more missile should do the trick.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

This fight was pretty easy...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.