Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid Prime

Franchise »

A sub-series of the main Metroid games that is mostly handled by Retro Studios along with members from Nintendo's EAD and R&D1 divisions, and takes place between Metroid I and II.

Favorite Metroid Prime Suit?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

I've been going through the Metroid Prime games again thanks to my recent purchase of Metroid Prime Trilogy. I've been enjoying the process of gathering all the suit upgrades again and I realize that there are some cool looking suits in the game.

Which one of the various suits that you acquire throughout the Metroid Prime games do you like in terms of visual appeal?

The Metroid Prime 1 suits are basically all the same except for the different color schemes but I still dig the Phazon Suit. My favorites have to be the Light Suit and Phazon Suit.

Power Suit
    Power Suit
    Varia Suit
    Varia Suit
    Gravity Suit
    Gravity Suit
    Phazon Suit
    Phazon Suit
    Dark Suit
    Dark Suit
    Light Suit
    Light Suit
    PED Suit
    PED Suit
    Hazard Shield Upgrade
    Hazard Shield Upgrade
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Zero suit.

Why are you looking at me like that?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AuthenticM

Light suit, followed by Phazon.

Zero suit is also pretty cool. ;)

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Nubster

I think they're all pretty awesome, with the exception of the Prime 3 suits. That entire game rubbed me the wrong way, and especially after purchasing the Trilogy and playing them together.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Phazon Suit, because of course it is.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheFreeMan

Varia suit, cause classic-ness. Second place was the PED, cause I dug how it remained faithful to Samus' usual look without being just a different colour scheme.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Zero suit.

Why are you looking at me like that?

I'm looking at you like that because you chose the correct answer!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Afroman269

@The_Nubster said:

I think they're all pretty awesome, with the exception of the Prime 3 suits. That entire game rubbed me the wrong way, and especially after purchasing the Trilogy and playing them together.

I completely agree. I finished both Metroid Prime 1 and 2 in less than a week but it's taken a couple weeks for me to get through 3. I only just now defeated Ghor, I should get back to it. The first game will always be the best but Corruption just doesn't have any of the magic that the first two games had.

Kalamadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I realize this topic is old and dead but I just have to reply to it.

I disagree in Prime 3. I thought it was a fine Metroid game that embodied a very different aspect of Metroid than the first two. Prime 3's Hypermode brings the old difficulty back into the series, as Hypermode was a pain in the ass but fun because of it.

That being said, I like all of the suits from the Prime trilogy pretty much equally for different reasons, with Prime 3's suits (including it and Prime 2's version of the Varia Suit) would likely be my favorites. As TheFreeMan said, the PED suit was awesome because of how it was faithful to the classic look without being a simple recolor. I love the fully corrupted PED especially, what with how the seams in the armor glow and how lines of blue light pulse over its surface. Makes for a pretty awesome look.

F-Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

It's a tie between the beauty that is the light suit and the Hazard Shield upgrade (Hazard Shield sounds like something from Digimon). Either way, both are extremely awesome.

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By majormitch

I've always been partial to the tried and true Varia Suit. Samus don't need flashy colors, and the Varia Suit is a no-nonsense "I'm going to get shit done" kind of suit. I think it fits. Or maybe I'm just biased because it's the classic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.