Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid

Franchise »

The Metroid series follows the missions of Samus Aran--a bounty hunter for the Galactic Federation--as she explores the galaxy fighting off Space Pirates and a variety of other enemies.

A question that needs answering.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Royale

What do we really want in the next installment of the Metroid franchise?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dalai

Well, everybody is going to have a different opinion about this one.  I'm hoping for a 2D style adventure of yesteryear.

Badam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Badam

A new 2d & 3d game. The 2d one should come out first.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bekern

Yeah I want a new 2D Metroid too, but not for handhelds.
    ...Like that'll ever happen, lol

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Yeah I want a new 2D installment or 2.5D if sprites are going out of fashion. What I don't want is another MP: Hunters. That game, aside from some aspects of the multiplayer, had no true redeeming qualities for me. Also I hope it continues the story after Fusion or at least after Super Metroid. It's weird having all these newer games wedged between the storylines of Metroid and Metroid II.

Samus_Aran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Samus_Aran

I don't think there should be anymore Metroid games, but this is Nintendo we're dealing with, so I don't think the Metroid series, particularly the 2D incarnations, can stay untouched for long. I personally could tolerate one more 2D Metroid game that is a direct follow-up to Metroid Fusion. Fusion left a lot of questions unanswered and there is so much story for the sequel to work off of. I don't think the 3D games should be a focus in the games following the main storyline.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Chummy8

The same thing I want for Castlevania.  A 2d sidescroller in HD.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I want it to be a 2D Super Metroid-esque adventure. I don't really want it to be like this for the sake of having it alone, but maybe if they made this, Iga would make a 2D Castlevania for consoles again.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

I want something similar to Fusion. I loved that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me crazy, but I didn't really get into any of the 3D games. Sorry, Prime fans.

I'd like to see a true 2D Metroid sequel. Either that or a remake of the 2nd game, so that all the main Metroid series games play like Super.
    [ Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid II Remake, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion]  - It'd be sweet if it was like that.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By PureRok

I want one that's similar to Metroid Prime 3, but to have more interaction with the Federation (or whatever they are). I never really liked the Metroid games before that just because I didn't really feel like there was a point. They always talk about fighting the Space Pirate menace and saving the Federation or whatever, but you NEVER see a civilization that's alive. From what I've seen there's nothing to save.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#12  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'd love to see new 2D and 3D versions.  With the 2D, I'd like to see the classic gameplay of Super Metroid mated with a bigger world, more secrets, and a stronger story element.  Someone mentioned earlier that they would like to see the Federation or living planets - I completely agree.  For the 3D, I think the formula of the recent Prime games works fine.  Honestly, I wouldn't change much except perhaps introduce a new storyline and threat.  Samus's potential adventures could be boundless, so I'd explore that a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.