Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

Microsoft E3 Press Conference Review.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By NekuSakuraba

So in case you guys didn't know I was constantly updating my first reactions in each of the conference discussion threads. I however thought they were very brief and didn't sum up what I personally thought of each press conference. I will also be posting a blog about Sony's and Nintendo's but for now, here we go -

Microsoft first started out fairly good with Modern Warfare 3, while I'm not a fan of Call of Duty (besides maybe 2 and 4) it was still a strong title to start with. Then we got even better with the new Tomb Raider game which takes the franchise into a much darker and grittier place. Not only did the demo impress (besides the noises this chick made, seriously.) but it surprised me a whole lot. Then we had various other impressive titles like Mass Effect 3 and Tom clany's Ghost Recon however I was personally disappointed that what Microsoft's main focus was the Kinect something which I, and probably a lot of you are not interested in. Then they showed us what we saw last year, various voice command things and Live TV with Youtube. The rest of the show was filled with a lot of Kinect related games from a new Crytek game, sports game to a new Fable game. Also, they showed off some Halo: Anniversary and Forza 4. Then the show really took off with great games like Sesame street and Disneyland! (/sarcasm) I obviously wasn't the target audience for the rest of the conference so I can't comment on it. Then came Halo 4. And 5... And 6. Personally I would have been fine with Halo 4 being announced but 5 and 6 really is what ruined it all. Do Microsoft want to milk the franchise that much? They should of stopped at Halo 3.

Overall the press conference was...alright I guess.. They showed too much kinect stuff and not enough controller based games.Thanks for reading, be sure to check out on what I think of Sony's and Nintendo's.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So in case you guys didn't know I was constantly updating my first reactions in each of the conference discussion threads. I however thought they were very brief and didn't sum up what I personally thought of each press conference. I will also be posting a blog about Sony's and Nintendo's but for now, here we go -

Microsoft first started out fairly good with Modern Warfare 3, while I'm not a fan of Call of Duty (besides maybe 2 and 4) it was still a strong title to start with. Then we got even better with the new Tomb Raider game which takes the franchise into a much darker and grittier place. Not only did the demo impress (besides the noises this chick made, seriously.) but it surprised me a whole lot. Then we had various other impressive titles like Mass Effect 3 and Tom clany's Ghost Recon however I was personally disappointed that what Microsoft's main focus was the Kinect something which I, and probably a lot of you are not interested in. Then they showed us what we saw last year, various voice command things and Live TV with Youtube. The rest of the show was filled with a lot of Kinect related games from a new Crytek game, sports game to a new Fable game. Also, they showed off some Halo: Anniversary and Forza 4. Then the show really took off with great games like Sesame street and Disneyland! (/sarcasm) I obviously wasn't the target audience for the rest of the conference so I can't comment on it. Then came Halo 4. And 5... And 6. Personally I would have been fine with Halo 4 being announced but 5 and 6 really is what ruined it all. Do Microsoft want to milk the franchise that much? They should of stopped at Halo 3.

Overall the press conference was...alright I guess.. They showed too much kinect stuff and not enough controller based games.Thanks for reading, be sure to check out on what I think of Sony's and Nintendo's.

Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Izaak

Anyone else really disappointed when they realised the Crytek game was just a Kinect Punch Out?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.