Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Amazing game, and runs so well on a ''older system''

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edin899

I have a AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4gh and a HD7770 1GB , also got 8GB of ram.

As you can see this is not a high end system. Pretty low end actually.

I do have to add that i play the game on a 20inch 720P monitor. I dont mind the lower resolution because i sit so close and it looks crisp but just so you know.

I get around 60fps on all medium settings with some turned on high.

This game looks freaking amazing! Even on medium/high settings it blows alot of games away!

So for you guys with a lower end system dont worry the game will probably run ok! I put the textures on high btw even tho i only have a 1GB card, it states that you need 4gb but ehh it runs at 60fps?

And about the gameplay, well there are just so many things to do? Even tho alot of missions are about killing the Orc captains they still feel different? Every captain is different, they are doing something different. Sometimes you just randomly come across one. They behave differently, some have a big introduction others just pop up. Some try to run away at first sight, others fight till the end. I had 1 that fought me till about half his health and then turned around and ran. Too bad there was a fire pit behind him. He burned to death lol. You got archer captains, big ones with shields, nimble ones. The nemesis system keeps changing, a normal orc can kill you and advance all the way to captain or chief. It's almost fun getting killed by a strong captain to know next time he will be even stronger.

Oh and the game is pretty funny as well sometimes! Climbing feels great, mounting the animals feels really good. Combat is alot like Batman but better imo. Just alot smoother and chopping off heads never gets boring .

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edin899 said:

I put the textures on high btw even tho i only have a 1GB card, it states that you need 4gb but ehh it runs at 60fps?

The reference point was it needs 4gb for 1080p, so with 720p you're dandy.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm running it at 1680x1050 with textures/models/lighting/shadows on high, tesselation/AO/DoF disabled, and framerate limited to 30 with a GTX 570 (1 GB VRAM). It chugs from time to time, but it maintains a steady 30 fps for the most part. I could set it to 60 and it'd run alright, but I'd rather have a steady 30 with occasional dips into the 20s than frequent, wide swings between 60 and the 20s.

bhelyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8 ghz, nVidia 450 GTS, 4 gigs of ram. Below the minimum specs listed on the Steam page, but it runs at a solid 60. This is in 720 with lowest settings, mind.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

AMD Phenom II X4 960T unlocked to 6 cores and a 1gb 560ti, 8gb of ram with everything on medium. Runs great at 30fps in 1080p and a solid 60 at 720p.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.