Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Shadow of Mordor for $37.50 on Greenmangaming, here's a code

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

SEPTEM-BEROFF-ER25XX

Code expires on Wednesday morning at 8am Pacific...still working as of the time of this post, I just used it.

$49.99 - 25% = $37.50. This will get you a digital pre-purchase retail Steam key.

Console gamers...sorry, this is for PC only, but you guys are used to overpaying for games anyway!

also read the post below this one, there seems to be a Brazilian site selling Mordor for even cheaper.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By VierasTalo
    ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ripelivejam

this seems weird for an MB post...

e: thanks for the code anyway, though i already got a similar discount myself!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Man if only I didn't already purchas p4a ultimax and have 40 bucks saved up for super smash bros 3ds. Thanks anywho man. Game looks so f'in cool from what I saw from that quick look.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are forum mods shilling for websites?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mike

@hunkulese said:

It's a commonly available code...and it's a good deal, I figured I would just let people know who were on the fence about buying the game. I'm not getting anything out of this and I'm not affiliated with Green Man Gaming, so it's not advertising. We have always allowed the sharing of deals on the forums if they aren't for personal gain.

If you still have a problem with this, send an email to Rorie at support@giantbomb.com. Otherwise, stop derailing topics. Good day sir.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By triplestan

Thanks a bunch duder! I saw some other folks talking about the deal and figured it was some price error and I was SOL, so I'm pretty jazzed to see that it worked.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By cornbredx

Awesome. I am... considering using it. My backlog is what makes me hesitant. Even if I do get it I won't play it for a while so I may be able to get it cheaper. I mean it looks awesome so it may be worth just getting now, but... I don't know. I am considering it.

It's not shilling. It's the same as when someone tells everybody here about a game being given out for free from various websites. It's letting the community know about good deals and freebies.

Everyone has something to gain from that so in the end it evens out and is not really shill like. It's more like- what an awesome friend does.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: Well if you have a bunch of stuff to play and don't mind waiting a few months, I'm sure it will hit 50 then 75% off eventually on Steam. Probably during the impending Winter sale.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I already bought it, but thanks for posting this. Don't really understand why people object to a post aimed to save them money. Even if it was "shilling," it's only benefiting the customer.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Still works, thanks for the awesome tip @mb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mike

@gunslingerpanda: I've actually been biding my time all these years, just waiting for the chance to strike and shill for a website so I can make a few cents! My nearly seven years of plotting has finally paid off, suckers!

No Caption Provided

Lionheart377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lionheart377
    fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mb: Thanks for this! Exchange rate means I pay a little more, but still a great price. Cheers!

Kaibar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By sumbog

Where were you at 5 :(

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kishinfoulux

This is why GMG is the best. Still trying to decide, but thanks regardless MB.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By geirr

@vierastalo: Thanks duder! With how games prices are here, you just saved me 80usd.

Buddah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Bro-Saving Money Like A Boss

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Whoops! Accidentally took advantage of this deal. Hopefully my computer can run it. If not... I'm likely willing to look up guides on how to overclock my CPU.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By TheHT

Yup, used this to pre-order it a few days ago. Managed to get it running relatively well on my old PC but... I really need a new PC.

I'm hoping within a few days there'll be some magic line in a config file somewhere that makes everything run better, but I won't hold my breath. Game's alright so far, still getting the hang of it all.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Just took advantage of this. Was going to wait, but I already had $30 sitting on my PayPal account from a refunded Kickstarter so it cost me practically nothing. Can't wait to give it a try! Thanks, @mb!

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah, gmg pushed me towards getting the game right now as well. That's a pretty solid price, sorry Wasteland 2 and maybe Civ: Beyond Earth. I might have to get you later at a discounted price. And DA Inquisition really isn't allowed to be excellent now. And I'm happy I held off on Risen 3. Damn, on the indie side of things this year has already pretty good, slightly below radar mostly, but now this shit starts happening again!

More potentially good games is great for me anyway - I hope they weren't planning on getting full price for all of them at the same time. I hope Shadow of Mordor is as good as it seems, I'm fucking ready for Monolith to flex their muscles a little again.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By VierasTalo

@vierastalo: Really? This works?

Yes. That site is basically the Brazilian GMG. A lot of their games are region-locked. This one isn't. There's a big warning about it on the shop page if there's a region lock. I've bought that and quite a few others from there. Completely "legit" so to speak. Even the Natural Selection 2 -guys, known to be somewhat big on the whole "don't buy cheap Russian stolen codes" referred to this site as a real, authentic reseller of the stuff.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb I'm not so comfortable with mods giving out this kind of info. It makes me feel icky even if you're just trying to help a brother out.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb #modgate #collusion

Seriously, duder's just being nice. 25% off a brand new game is pretty sweet and GMG regularly do these promotions so it's worth your time being aware of them.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: I find it pretty disgusting when the staff give out codes to games too, even though that's a rarity. Can't believe people would actually try to share discounts to games!

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

@spraynardtatum: I find it pretty disgusting when the staff give out codes to games too, even though that's a rarity. Can't believe people would actually try to share discounts to games!

@mb #modgate #collusion

Seriously, duder's just being nice. 25% off a brand new game is pretty sweet and GMG regularly do these promotions so it's worth your time being aware of them.

I just think it's a bit unethical. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it just doesn't sit well with me when it comes from a mod. I'm not trying to be a dick.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The very same code GMG emailed me a few days ago and I used to get a discount on the game?

It's not an affiliate code, guys, it's a widely available discount code that GMG are happy enough to promote all by themselves.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: The code is literally on the front page of green man gaming. If you've ever bought from them, they email you the code telling you "hey! here's this code! tell your friends!"

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mike

@spraynardtatum said:

@baillie said:

@jesus_phish said:

@mb #modgate #collusion

I just think it's a bit unethical. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it just doesn't sit well with me when it comes from a mod. I'm not trying to be a dick.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but...

Get over it. The only impropriety here is in your own mind. I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't apologize for pointing people towards a commonly available deal to save money on games. If you have a problem with my actions, take it up with Matt Rorie who will be happy to discuss it with you. Other than that, please stop derailing the topic.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By JBG4

@mb: thanks for the code... I actually used it to buy Wasteland 2 because I decided to grab Shadow of Mordor on PS4. I didn't even know the code existed because I rarely visit GMG and never really pay attention to the emails they send me. I guess I need to start doing that. Thanks again.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
    @mb said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@baillie said:

@jesus_phish said:

@mb #modgate #collusion

I'm not trying to be a dick, but...

Get over it. The only impropriety here is in your own mind. I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't apologize for pointing people towards a commonly available deal to save money on games. If you have a problem with my actions, take it up with Matt Rorie who will be happy to discuss it with you. Other than that, please stop derailing the topic.

You also gotta know that there are other sites like Polygon and others out there that commonly point to this type of info for the thrifty shoppers, even some that dedicate their entire site to this information. The 25% also doesn't seem so bad, there have been plenty of new releases I have seen on steam over the past few years that put an emphasis on a little bit of discount the first week the game comes out if that means more buzz and purchases of their game.

This seems like a great deal and the game has been getting good buzz from around the web.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lionheart377 said:

Yes. That site is basically the Brazilian GMG. A lot of their games are region-locked. This one isn't. There's a big warning about it on the shop page if there's a region lock. I've bought that and quite a few others from there. Completely "legit" so to speak. Even the Natural Selection 2 -guys, known to be somewhat big on the whole "don't buy cheap Russian stolen codes" referred to this site as a real, authentic reseller of the stuff.

Wow, thanks for this; it actually worked!

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By slax

@rvone said:

@vierastalo said:

@lionheart377 said:

Alright, still looks on sale. Let's see how this goes!

Edit: Victory, I guess. Buying something purely through Google Translate was a new experience for me, but it seems to be working. Ended up paying like $31 for it. Thanks for the tip!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously wish I saw this before I impulsively bought it on Steam, ahh well

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@slax said:

@rvone said:

@vierastalo said:

@lionheart377 said:

I just used it and activated it on Steam; we'll see if it's in English when it's done downloading!

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slax said:

@rvone said:

@vierastalo said:

@lionheart377 said:

I just used it and activated it on Steam; we'll see if it's in English when it's done downloading!

Well, yes, it is. I've been playing it since Tuesday. Just an FYI, they spiked the price up a bit, but as @slax mentioned, it's still only 31 USD.

BlueStriped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New voucher VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM for greenmangaming.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@bluestriped: Does that one work for this game? I couldn't get it to, so I switched to trying the Brazilian site mentioned above.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have doubts about posting this, but what the hell..

http://www.gamestheshop.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-of-Mordor-for-PC/349

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@vierastalo: Will those keys redeem in the UK?

Yes. Like I said, there's no region lock on this game on that service. If there is, it's pretty clearly stated on the page. For reference, I redeemed it in Finland.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vierastalo: Thank you! Will have to consider this, £20 is a bargain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.