Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 10, 2017

Talion returns to confront the Ringwraiths and the dark lord Sauron himself.

*Spoilers* Is there much reason to continue?

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Junkerman

Hey duders,

I’ve captured my first Fort and cleared all the maps up until that part. I notice the story has pretty much dried up and just want to know if there is any reason to keep grinding through?

I had my fun with the mechanics of the game but mostly just played for the story which seems to have dried up once the main meat of the game has opened up. I’m not too into grinding levels so I can capture more orcs so if it’s just more of that I’ll YouTube’s the rest!

Thanks!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

There is plenty more story until Act 4 of the game. That is when the grind begins. You shouldn't have to grind levels until that point either, but if you're bored of it already there's not a lot that can convince you otherwise. Most of the story chains have nothing to do with capturing forts but are still fairly boring in my experience.

If you've only captured your first fort then you must still be very early.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What I wanna know is is there much reason to continue once act 4 begins.

I enjoyed my time with the game immensely but I don't know if I wanna do all the grinding through the last act just to unlock a cutscene or two?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

@frostyryan: Nope. You just get one short cutscene at the end. That's the only thing that happens once Act 4 begins. Just look it up on youtube.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@junkerman: The story is pretty bad. It's basically just a series of mini-stories that don't connect much. I thought the Bruz and the forest-god-thing(Nurnen?) quest lines were alright. There are a few good set-piece fights especially in the forest god quest line. If you're not enjoying the game though, I don't think it's worth putting more time in to see this stuff.

@frostyryan: Not really. Just watch the cutscene on Youtube. It's literally just a cutscene, there's no extra quest involved. I saw it through because I was still enjoying the core loop of collecting orcs until about half-way through act 4. It's absurdly long (like 20 hours) and is nothing but defending forts. No story in between or anything. If that still sounds like a good time to you then go ahead, but don't expect any kind of big revelation or reward.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron: @alistercat:

Got it. Not like I'm done with the game forever so at least there's a good chunk to progress through when I do feel like picking it up again. For now I'll focus on other games though

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

play until act 4. The story is... alright but there is a lot of cool stuff in there. Act 4 is not worth the hours upon hours of grinding or real cash to get passed it though. Youtube the final act 4 cutscene.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I looked up the cutscenes for Act 4. Kind of interesting... but I would have felt pretty disappointed if I grinded hours for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.