Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 10, 2017

Talion returns to confront the Ringwraiths and the dark lord Sauron himself.

WB PC Bugs!!!

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

After hearing Brad’s impressions of the game, and seeing so many positive reviews on Steam, I bought this game with full confidence, even though the last WB game I bought on PC was a shit show, Arkham Knight. This time, the game seems to run fine, but the audio is all kinds of fucked up. To make it worse, there are several solutions online that only temporarily alleve the issue. These same solutions also make other aspects of the sound worse. I often play games of a grindy nature with personal music playing, so muting the game wouldn’t be that big a deal, but in this game, the orc taunts are the deal! Plus, consistent sound effects would be nice. Corey, an engineer in charge of the sound for this game, has chimed in on one of the Steam forums requesting system specs, but hasn’t responded in five days. (search: corey engineer). The internet seems to think this problem has been solved, but there are quite a few people out there where the problem persists. High end systems. i7’s with 970’s or better. It’s a real shame. This game seems pretty great, otherwise. For the record, the loot boxes are completely ignorable. 30 hours in, ~50% complete, 6 legendary orcs, 10 legendary gear, no real-money loot boxes.

Any one else in the GB community having PC issues with this game?

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I clipped into a building and couldn't get out except by abandoning the nemesis mission I was on, which sucked, since I had just broken the dude, but other than that I've only run into some odd climbing issues. What is this audio bug?

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't call it WB specific bugs as much as just PC bugs in general; everyone's experience will vary with it and while I've had a perfect experience (besides climbing working less often than it did in Shadow of Mordor) I know it's possible others will have a terrible experience with glitches.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What have you tried to do to fix it? I don't own the game but sometimes re-downloading or checking file integrity are the only solutions for stuff like this, as something might have gotten corrupted. It sucks but sometimes it happens, hope you find an answer.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't get him to run or jump often when I first start. I re-load to correct it.

Don't think it is a bug, but Y + B (executions) is very finicky.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I haven’t had any sound issues, but what I assume to be video sequences in Shelob memories seem to start playing as I begin the puzzle, then end abruptly when I finish it. The only other issue is when my caragor jumps down some ledges. It will walk as if on a ‘tight-rope’ for a long distance in the air, before jumping down. Had it a couple of times, but it does not bother me as such. It actually reminds me a little of backwards flying dragons.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexl86: The shelob thing isn't a bug. The VO is not from the video and the snippets you unlock are all pieced together at the end into one video.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musclerider

I got one bug where after conquering a fortress Talion came out to the balcony thing and just did his idle animation for a minute or two instead of giving a speech. I just thought it was kind of hilarious

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musclerider: I've had that happen twice now. Both times I recruited the lord rather than killing him. Do you recall if you did something similar?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily haven't had noticeable issues, pcs sorta beefy though so performance isn't an issue yet. I've mostly been gallavanting around in minas ithil for about 15 hrs though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bug is still present. Perhaps I'll try un-installing and re-installing. I've already verified the files through right-clicking the game title on my Steam list, everything was supposedly fine. Hopefully there's a way to un-install and re-install without losing my progress; I've never actually had to do this for any Steam game before.

A partial work-around I've been using is switching the sound quality in the PC Control Panel back and forth between 48000 Hz (Studio Quality) and 48000 (DVD Quality). When I first switch it and restart the computer, the sound seems tolerably stable (except the music, which I leave muted anyway). Eventually it degrades to consistently stuttering, usually the next time I boot it up, so at least it's somewhat stable for individual sessions. Very strange. Cutscene audio seems more susceptible and buggy, which is a shame, since they put some decent work into them. The environmental sound effects seem more susceptible, as well, which is especially annoying in environments with continuous sound like wind or waterfalls because it stutters in and out in a way that is hard to ignore. When this occurs, I just turn sound effects down until it's less perceptible. I lose some cool effects, but at least it's playable.

A real shame. I hope Monolith can fix it, and WB lets 'em. My next WB game, if ever, I'll probably just get on console. I'm enjoying the game, regardless, but it still feels like they scammed me. It'd be nice if there was some kind of compensation program, something less drastic than a full refund. I don't want to return the game, I just feel a little screwed having a compromised product. It may have to do with the fact that I'm still on Windows 8, but Microsoft doesn't seem to want to solve their compatibility problems with older sound cards, so I've held out. I'm sick of having to replace a bunch of perfectly fine hardware because an OS company decides to "upgrade" (I use the term in the loosest sense) the software. It's probably the biggest gripe I have against computer technology. Anyways, I digress.

Monolith, please fix the bugs. WB, please let them.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That sounds really shitty. No pun intended. I am having no issues at all so far, apart from finding the controls - especially climbing - quite inconsistent. It can be very clunky whenever you have to do precise movement, and I find the Batman combat in this one not completely reliable. I've lost a lot of hit streaks due to Talion just not wanting to attack a certain guy as he suddenly was too far away to chain, while other times he's fine launching himself off the screen to hit a guy I couldn't even see. It runs very well at least and is in my Perfect Frame Time club along with Doom and other very smooth games. Completely unlike Batman which was and still is (although much less) very stuttery.

If you have an older soundcard and you don't have 10 that would likely be the culprit however, and you will not get any support going forward either. With your issues switching between quality settings in Windows, it seems like the problem goes further than the game. I'd recommend getting a USB headphone amp and just leaving soundcards behind. I did so last year due to having intermittent issues with my Xonar DX for years, and absolutely no drivers required makes sure it's future proof as well. That way you can get Windows 10 as well which is overall a much faster and stable OS in my experience, especially for games.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Have you installed either the high textures pack or the 4K cinematic pack? There are audio problems with the 4K pack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/666840/Middleearth_Shadow_of_War_4K_Cinematic_Pack/

But people saying the game actually runs even better with the high textures pack. Perhaps try that if you want.

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a bunch of gems vanish while playing. Where was that cheat engine, again... :/

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@desoda: Where you drunk at the time?

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: No, I was sober. Why? Might that have been the cause?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@desoda: i have the problem of gems dissapearing when im drunk.

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Haven't had that problem, but my Steam-account has sometimes increased in size when I wake up the day after. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.