Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Might & Magic X Legacy

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 28, 2014

Might and Magic X: Legacy is the first new Might and Magic RPG in over a decade and the first one under Ubisoft's tenure of the series. It is set in the fantasy world of Ashan a few years after the events of Might and Magic: Heroes VI.

Early Access Available Today

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

Full blog post with all details.

So today you can purchase the 'digital deluxe edition' (info-pic further down) which, among other things, grant you an early access version of the game. Even better; you don't have to use Ubisoft's uPlay, but it seems the game will be available through Steam as well. Right now I can only find the game on uPlay (in my local currency, so a rough estimate is $30 / €30), but will surely be up on Steam soon as well.

No Caption Provided

AlmightyBoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AlmightyBoob

Steam version absolutely requires uPlay.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Yep. I immediately got on this... 5 minutes later I got a refund for that broken-ass Realms of Arkania remake. Probably wouldn't have minded the extra $17 credit towards a $30 game.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game seems pretty good so far (only just exited the city). It's exactly what I would expect from a new Might & Magic in the style of Might and Magic: World of Xeen.

It's far from finished though (only one class per race, only the first act) so I would suggest most people to wait.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cincaid

@gike987: Glad to hear it's in line with the old games! Will most likely get in on it as soon as I get cash. Also, was @almightyboob correct that it still launches uPlay, even if you have it on Steam? Not that I mind an awful much, mostly just annoying to have two services running in the background.

AlmightyBoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can check the Steam store. "3rd-party DRM: Uplay"

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cincaid

@almightyboob: Ah, right. Thanks for the info! So just like Far Cry 3 then, oh well.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

How many people have jumped on this? I've been curious whether it would be good. After falling in love with Legend of Grimrock last year and wishing for a new Might & Magic game because of it, I'd like to hear some opinions on whether this does the franchise justice.

Mind you, I fucking ADORE Mandate of Heaven, so there's a lot of expectations in my mind. Is this basically just Ubisoft saying "hey, that Legend of Grimrock game did pretty well, so let's do something like that" or does it feel like a good ol' M&M game?

I know it's still in early access. Just curious.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'd like to hear some opinions as well. Been playing Might and Magic: Worlds of Xeen all weekend and am loving it so far. A game with similar mechanics, but modern graphics, sounds pretty great. Legend of Grimrock revived my interest in the first-person party-based dungeon crawler.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By GreggD

@jakob187 said:

How many people have jumped on this? I've been curious whether it would be good. After falling in love with Legend of Grimrock last year and wishing for a new Might & Magic game because of it, I'd like to hear some opinions on whether this does the franchise justice.

Mind you, I fucking ADORE Mandate of Heaven, so there's a lot of expectations in my mind. Is this basically just Ubisoft saying "hey, that Legend of Grimrock game did pretty well, so let's do something like that" or does it feel like a good ol' M&M game?

I know it's still in early access. Just curious.

From what I understand, it's an actual M&M RPG. Like it's got towns with shops and inns, which is what differentiates it with games like Legend of Grimrock and Eye of the Beholder, in my opinion.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darji

Just bought it and played for about an hour. Did the first quest/dungeon and really enjoyed it so far. Looks really interesting and very old school can not wait to dig more deeply into it tomorrow. And yes it feels like an streamlined old schoolish M&M game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.