Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Miitomo

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 17, 2016

Nintendo's first official foray into mobile development is a Mii-based offering called Miitomo. Different Miis communicate with each other, conveying facts about the players to other users.

Miitomo Shutting Down May 9, 2018

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Logged into myNintendo to see this news post. https://my.nintendo.com/news/c9473be864fcaca3.

A little surprised to see this, I knew it didn't really set the world on fire for Nintendo's first Phone outing, but I figured this would be super popular in Japan or something. I was into this for a hot minute when it launched but quickly got bored. Any of you duders get into Miitomo?, any of you still playing?

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I fell off almost immediately. It reminded me of Tomodachi Life but wasn't as good for me. I know the decision was likely made because it isn't making enough to support itself but it is a bit surprising to see it go down so quickly.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Forgot it even existed, I clicked on this thread wondering how they could shut down a 3DS rpg.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this game every day since launch and its kind of a weight off my shoulder that it's shutting down. I've never put any money into the game and have over 150k in coins and 500 tickets from just doing dailies. Its a fun time waster when on the porcelain throne but overall has no substance.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The questions were fun for a little while. Glad I didn't put any money into it, I guess.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I played it for a good month or so with my friends but eventually we ran out of things to ask/answer and we all dropped off.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I made a stupid amount of friends here and on Twitter thanks to that game. Love the concept, and I hope to see a more interactive spiritual successor somewhere down the line.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

@sparky_buzzsaw: I would be totally down for some kind of expanded version of this idea.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That's not surprising. It wasn't really much of a game or a social platform. I have no idea why they made it or how they planned to monetize it.

iam16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was bound to happen. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner considering how many people stopped using it after they realized it wasn't exactly the mobile Nintendo game they hoped for.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

I never played it but this seems pretty bad; it only launched in 2016. Unless nobody is playing it, which could well be the case. I expect there has been a similar cliff-edge to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.