Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Is there a downlodable demo? (not java) or should I just buy it?

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

I couldn't seem to find a way to play this in full screen, the online version is pretty lame. Should I just spend some Sacajaweas and buy it?

EDIT: Crap I go to impacient and while everone was replying I was playing minecraft. lol I bought it like 5 min after making this thread. TIMEWASTERCRAFT!

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Teaspoon83

No demo since you have to have a paid account to play the game.  It is difficult to tell everybody to buy it.  The game is still in alpha and is at the discounted price which will increase one multiplayer works and the game moves to beta so it would probably be best to buy it now. 

That being said, the game is only as good as you make it. You need to enjoy using the tools in the game to build or mine and to be honest, the game does begin to slow down once you lose interest in building and mining. I can only hope that with a working multiplayer along with new items introduced, I'll start enjoying the game more. 

Watch Youtube videos and decide from there is all I can recommend. If you are slightly interested, I say, go for it.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Jack_Daniels:

It lets me play without paying for some reason. It says my registration is invalid, then just asks if I want to play offline. Try creating an account, or maybe just download it and type in a bunch of jibberish. It should still let you play offline... which is the best way to play right now. If you like it at all, I'd recommend buying it because you will therefore be purchasing all future versions for the low current price. Plus, there's no DRM.
    Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Teaspoon83

Yup, can't login. His server has been getting destroyed from all the new users. I would say take advantage of it now and try playing Offline.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ViciousReiven
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @Jack_Daniels:  It lets me play without paying for some reason. It says my registration is invalid, then just asks if I want to play offline. Try creating an account, or maybe just download it and type in a bunch of jibberish. It should still let you play offline... which is the best way to play right now. If you like it at all, I'd recommend buying it because you will therefore be purchasing all future versions for the low current price. Plus, there's no DRM. "
    That's because when the server crashed from all the new users Notch opened up some free to play days, you'll most likely be able to play with that version forever, but you probably won't be able to update.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FunExplosions
    @ViciousReiven: Bah! Yeah, I wouldn't think I'd get to upgrade to Beta so easily. If not, no biggie. I'm more just waiting on the objective and survival modes. Once I hear about those, I'll definitely buy it.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

Just buy it, although his server has been a little fucked up lately so He might not actually be able to give you the game for a few days.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

You can download and play the alpha without purchasing it first, although you won't have access to some of the features.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.