Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Just started Minecraft yesterday

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jams

BEST GAME IN THE WORLD! and it's only in alpha. There is so much potential in survival mode that the imagination is endless. anyways, I found my way to the skin editor and made a GB tee   http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=sidebuster 

At some point I'd like to try multiplayer, but only with like a small community and hard survival mode.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Davvyk

Glad your loving it, i dont think a game has ever put into focus the potential video games have when the risks of high costs are removed.  Yeah the graphics are a bit janky (although personally i love them) but thats the cost paid to create this masterpiece by a small team.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

Happy to see another Minecrack addict! Hopefully we'll get an SMP server up and running soon - I think Notch is fixing a lot of the bugs in it in todays patch.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jams
    @TheBeast: I'm going to try to start one today and I'll post the address if I can get it up.
    Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Brenderous

Is survival mode where you survive the monsters at night? (has only played the free version this weekend).

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jams
    @Brenderous said:
    " Is survival mode where you survive the monsters at night? (has only played the free version this weekend). "
    Yeah. and if you are out and about at night, chances are you are gonna get killed even on normal difficulty.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sixghost
    @jams said:
    " @Brenderous said:
    " Is survival mode where you survive the monsters at night? (has only played the free version this weekend). "
    Yeah. and if you are out and about at night, chances are you are gonna get killed even on normal difficulty. "
    So how persistent is the game? What will happen if you just log out at night when you are supposed to be fighting the monsters, and what happens to your base when you aren't logged in? Can someone just come by and destroy it?
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jams
    @sixghost:

Well, single-player is like a single player game. You are the only human and when you aren't playing, the world basically doesn't exist until you log back in. multi-player though is persistent and yeah, people can destroy what you make.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.