Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Someone Please Answer

FullmetalPopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By FullmetalPopo

Ok so I really want to buy minecraft alpha but I need to know if I download it can I play it on an offline computer? Because my laptop is the only computer that has internet in my house and I want to play single player on my desktop. So could I go buy alpha put it on my flash drive then throw it on my desktop with no internet connection whatsoever? please help me out I dig this game lol

Appuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Appuh

You have to login once while connected to the internet I think. Then you can unhook it from the net and play offline.

dvaeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By dvaeg

You have to connect once online, then you can play offline.

FullmetalPopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By FullmetalPopo
    @dvaeg said:
    " You have to connect once online, then you can play offline. "
    so if I buy it on my laptop log in then log out and put it on my desktop it'll work? or is it all based on the minecraft website?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

When you buy the game you have the option to play it on a browser or download an executable. The first time you start the exe it downloads the assets(very quick) from that point you can play offline as much as you want.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
    @killerjigglypuff said:
    " so if I buy it on my laptop log in then log out and put it on my desktop it'll work? or is it all based on the minecraft website? "
    You would also have to copy over the files that are downloaded after running it the first time. Otherwise it will have to download them again, but you won't be able to.
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#7  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Ooh, bunch of helpful answers. Thanks for asking the question, KJP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.