Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minerva's Den

Location » linked to 2 games

The primary location of the Bioshock 2 DLC 'Minerva's Den'. It is where Rapture's supercomputer, 'The Thinker' is located.

Today's Convenient Excuse to Demand You Play BioShock 2: Minerva's Den

• 64 results
    Pavlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Pavlo
    @nail1080 said:
    Bioshock 2
    better gameplay than the original new storyline which is fucking epic better graphics awesome fun MP that reminds me of good old Timesplitters for some reason and a great DLC in the shape of MD ....however great the DLC is though, I don't understand why the GB crew keep pissing on the Bioshock main storyline, I say you should all turn off your stupid-ass smart phones, shut the curtains, and play through the Bioshock 2 campaign again, because it's fucking amazing.
    this.
    Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Gerhabio

This reminds me I got Minerva's Den a while back while it was on sale... Problem is I don't have Bioshock 2. Will have to rent it and finally play the DLC.

FormulaDeuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By FormulaDeuce

Got BS2 on PC when it went on sale last year, but haven't completed it yet. Should be able to complete it shortly after Minerva's Den is released so I can have that contrast between the main game and the DLC.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#54  Edited By Brackynews
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac: But wouldn't you love to hear Patrick and Brad hash it out from diametrically opposing viewpoints? ;)

My only quibble with Minerva's Den is why am I supposed to believe a computer was really controlling the things I had to Pipedream-hack in Bioshock 1? They set me up with a purely mechanical & biochemical world and then "yo man, CIRCUITS". I dunno...
    Bengosha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bengosha

I think Posts like these are great. (though to be honest I not reading the whole thing right now).
    Just wanted to say that I think  we are at the point were Giant Bomb would benefit from little "news", "Reviews", and "opinion" or "editorial" Tags on their front page posts.
    Seems like an appropriate evolution for the site, especially since Patrick and others are bringing such cool new varied content.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By fattony12000

I really like my BioShock 2 Special Edition, picked it up dirt cheap a while ago, love rinsing out the vinyl copy of the original game's soundtrack!

No Caption Provided
    valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By valiantgrizzly

I feel like I'm the only person who honestly really liked BioShock 2. I had no issues with the little sister defense parts, I actually found it quite fun to use the environment and lay traps for the waves of splicers that were to come. But hey, to each their own.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Wow, Bioshock 2 really is just $10. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I guess I'm willing to invest $20 into checking out Minerva and getting Bioshock again, I sold it for like $20 or something so I figure I still come out ahead.

xaveri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By xaveri
    @digitalsea87 said:
    I feel like I'm the only person who honestly really liked BioShock 2. I had no issues with the little sister defense parts, I actually found it quite fun to use the environment and lay traps for the waves of splicers that were to come. But hey, to each their own.
    You are not the only one. I really liked Bioshock 2. Specially certain part that has to do with watching everything from the perspective of  a little girl. I found myself emotionally attached to it in a way that the first never grabbed me.
    Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

By christ. Fucking finally.

I liked Bioshock 2. I still haven't really finished it, but I could appreciate what they were doing and didn't really begrudge them the slight case of sequelitis. After hearing Brad's impassioned rant about Minerva's Den during the GOTY debate, I've been itching to play it on PC.

So, yeah. About fucking time.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#61  Edited By jacksukeru

Meh, Jeff spoiling the twist in the deliberations podcasts severly limited the impact it had on me when I finally played through it, and as a game it was more Bioshock 2 which I had mostly had my fill of at that point.
    The part where

Edit:ops forgot the spoiler tag.
    Still it was fun enough, as was the story in Bioshock 2, but I'm looking forward to seeing a different take on it in Infinite.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By JokerSmilez

Just bought Bioshock 2 for Xbox used from Amazon for $12 because this article reminded me that I wanted to at least play Minerva's Den.

Thanks!
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By xpgamer7

Great article about a great piece of DLC.

orpheusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By orpheusx
    @nail1080: Bioshock 2 rules. 

But re: the Minerva's Den DLC....Anyone else get boned by Games for Windows when trying to download this? It gives me a programmer level error message and nothing more. The transition of GfW to Xbox.com may be the root cause but it's been weeks since that started and it still won't give me the DLC I paid for. 
    JacksRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JacksRevolver

If you didn't enjoy Bioshock 2 (like me) this DLC makes makes the hours of drudgery worth it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.