Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 07, 2016

A reboot of the previously singleton franchise, this game features Faith using parkour in an open-world.

EA says game will release in Q1 2016

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By schlorgan

http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-says-mirrors-edge-2-will-be-out-in-early-2016/

That's pretty awesome. Anyone else excited to see this?

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not really. Imo too late. Way too late. They shouldve done it by the end of this year.Assuming the EA powerhouse and the fact that they had this in developememt for some time 2016 seems too much for me at least.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zeik

After this was "officially announced" the other day I suddenly remembered I got a free copy of the first game awhile back, so I decided to replay it. It's still a lot of fun. As long as they can avoid some of the game's obvious lows, like forced combat, then I'm definitely excited.

@raspharus said:

Not really. Imo too late. Way too late. They shouldve done it by the end of this year.Assuming the EA powerhouse and the fact that they had this in developememt for some time 2016 seems too much for me at least.

Really? A difference of a couple months is "way too late"? What exactly is coming out between that time that will make this game irrelevant? It's not like there is any genre competition.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Yep, I'm excited. With the exception of the combat, I loved the first Mirror's Edge. To this day, in my eyes it is still the only good first person parkour game. There have been other games that implemented parkour, but nothing to that scale (as far as I'm aware of) and I've been dying to play something like it again.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Well they had the alpha since 2014(source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm57uR1FXYs). So naturally I thought that 2016 is gonna be too much. Witcher 3 was in developement for almost 3 years but we can't compare cd projekt with EA.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I heard somewhere that this is going to be a reboot. Is that true? Why a reboot? That makes no sense!

I really loved the first game. I'm glad to see that they are making about one that isn't some weird side scroller. I still don't understand why it has taken them so long to make another one. I know it didn't sell as much as EA wanted it to but I remember a lot of people really liking it at the time. This whole thing is just weird.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zeik

@raspharus: This game hasn't exactly been on EA's high priority list. You should just be happy it hasn't found itself in the company of games like Beyond Good and Evil 2, or Last Guardian. Or alternatively, spend 6 months churning out some shitty half sequel.

All I want is a good final product. If it takes 3 years for that to happen I'm okay with that. Development cycles are something for investors to worry about, it has little meaning on the consumer end.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik well I hope it will be good :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.