Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 07, 2016

A reboot of the previously singleton franchise, this game features Faith using parkour in an open-world.

Mirror's Edge 2 listed on Amazon Germany

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Right over here. Does this usually mean anything? A free-running game done right would be awesome.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Benny

Looks like one or two smaller websites picked it up so we'll see if EA denies anything soon I guess.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If it wasn't for the fact that I've convinced myself that this will be some terrible Kinect/PSmove game, this would be awesome news.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Seppli

It means EA is again fishing for sympathy. Hopefully they'll stick to their guns this time, rather than instantly buckling to shareholder value interests like last time. Well - easier said than done, if it's your career on the line.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

Looks like one or two smaller websites picked it up so we'll see if EA denies anything soon I guess.

DICE doesn't do gimmick controls.

McTangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McTangle

Hot damn! A reference to this came up on LinkedIn some time back, so I'm holding out for a sequel.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That would be awesome

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Please new Mirrors Edge game!

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It is not %100 confirmation, but some games have been revealed early by stores posting things like this, and i don't imagine someone just randomly putting that info in there database. Newegg put up Gran Turismo 6 for PS3 before Sony even revealed it, let alone for PS3. So EA will probably say its not real for now, and at E3 confirm it is coming, or if there is no news then it was probably some big mix up.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By AssInAss

NOPE NOPE NOPE

Won't believe it. Don't do this to my weak heart.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@seppli said:

That's why Rare is bringing back this historic (and now Rare's) franchise! Woo!

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JouselDelka

@seppli said:

It means EA is again fishing for sympathy. Hopefully they'll stick to their guns this time, rather than instantly buckling to shareholder value interests like last time. Well - easier said than done, if it's your career on the line.

I have no idea what you just said

edit: but that does happen with most of your posts, so I'm not surprised.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@assinass said:

NOPE NOPE NOPE

They can only do it so many times, I'm not excited the least this time around... nope, it isn't happening..... not hoping anything over here.... still not.... damn, it happened again.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Snail

I'd like for that Steven Spielberg parkour game to happen, but that obviously doesn't seem likely. I'd also really like Mirror's Edge 2 to finally happen of course.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Funkydupe

I liked Mirror's Edge more for the concept and setting. The big sterile Big Brother type futurism set the mood nicely, and running from A to B made sense when the government had every other option under control. The gameplay was buggy, AI was stupid, characters you're supposed to care about are poorly fleshed out and the voice actors were amateurs, the paths you could take were linear, the fighting system was terribad and it just wasn't fun to trial/error in this game, some games actually make that aspect fun.

I'm excited for a sequel because of everything that can be possible in a game like this, with the original Mirror's Edge as a reference of what to do and not to do they should be able to make it a better experience.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Animasta

@seppli said:

considering EA owns the property, why would they give it to a microsoft owned studio?

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chibithor

@animasta said:

@chibithor said:

@seppli said:

considering EA owns the property, why would they give it to a microsoft owned studio?

I don't know. It doesn't actually have to be owned by Rare, but I don't have answers for any questions regarding Rare making Mirror's Edge 2, especially if they start with 'why'.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@chibithor said:

@seppli said:

I don't know. It doesn't actually have to be owned by Rare, but I don't have answers for any questions regarding Rare making Mirror's Edge 2, especially if they start with 'why'.

That's the problem when you're just making jokes on the internet and someone comes along all serious and grown-up about the whole situation.
    You never really know what to say to someone who takes a joke seriously because you're flabbergasted.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@chibithor said:

@animasta said:

@chibithor said:

@seppli said:

That's the problem when you're just making jokes on the internet and someone comes along all serious and grown-up about the whole situation.

You never really know what to say to someone who takes a joke seriously because you're flabbergasted.

oh no I knew it was a joke but it was a dumb joke that could've been done much better.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'll try not to be too excited.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeforgotten

@animasta said:

@zeforgotten said:

@chibithor said:

@animasta said:

@chibithor said:

@seppli said:

oh no I knew it was a joke but it was a dumb joke that could've been done much better.

No, it was a good joke because you could've added to it.

Think about it, New Mirros Edge, still starring our suddenly beloved and very awesome female lead Faith Connors(seriously, all of a sudden she gets recognized in the year 2013 because nobody gave a shit about her in the past as a character) And she wears a fancy little backpack and in there is Kazooie!

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@zeforgotten said:

@chibithor said:

@animasta said:

No, it was a good joke because you could've added to it.

Think about it, New Mirros Edge, still starring our suddenly beloved and every awesome female lead Faith Connors(seriously, all of a sudden she gets recognized in the year 2013 because nobody gave a shit about her in the past as a character) And she wears a fancy little backpack and in there is Kazooie!

Posting it I thought it would be a terrible thing to happen, but I think you're onto something now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I get this feeling that many people look back on the original game as this...well...original IP that was doing some different stuff at the time, had a striking art style, and generally forgot how rough it really was to actually play it half of the time because the first-person perspective didn't do a lot to help with these immense jumps.

Granted, the game was cool, but I remember there being a lot of negative talk about the game aside from originality and art direction.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By musubi

Still after all of these years I don't get people's fascination for Mirror's Edge. I found it dreadfully boring and not because you're not shooting dudes. Its just boring.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oculus Rift support.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EuanDewar

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fool me. Why not.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Brendan

@jakob187: The game had plenty of issues and in practice was not fantastic, but the internet has rose-tinted it into oblivion. Jeff's review is a great resource if you want to know what that game actually was.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Seppli

@jouseldelka said:

@seppli said:

I have no idea what you just said

edit: but that does happen with most of your posts, so I'm not surprised.

Back when John Riccitiello took over the helm at EA as CEO, he started the famous *All Original IPs* and *Focus on Quality* initiatives, which brought us games such as Dead Space and Mirror's Edge. Pretty much all games between 2008 and 2010 were a result of that initial push, and they were almost all excellent. However, very few of them performed to expectations, and there was massive backlash from EA's shareholders against this direction. EA's brass vowed to go for safe bets only. Mainstreaming franchises - taking out the bold, replacing it with the old - in order to appeal to the masses. Rigidly sticking to too tight deadlines. Rushed and buggy releases. One desaster after another. All because EA's short sighted investors gelded the management for trying to build up some street cred with innovative high quality products.

There's a certain immaturity in how EA handles itself. Long term goals get tossed out at the first sign of trouble, then everything is being done to align one's products with short term shareholder value interests. This behaviour yields increasingly worse results, especially regarding quality. The brand suffers, sales suffer - until finally shareholders are yet again willing to give EA's officers the leeway to chart a new course based on valid long term strategy rather than immediate returns. Unless EA learns to stop overreacting and stick to their strategy as planned, instead of buckling to short sighted shareholder interests everytime a fiscal quarter is below expectations, history will repeat itself over and over again. Until eventually EA's finished.

Right now, it seems like EA is again willing to take some risks. Their operation is leaner and meaner, the future is uncertain. EA is the steward of its own destiny, simply because investors don't know what to expect. Fuck the shareholders I say! Consolidate EA's shares somehow, so that more reasonable minds are ultimately in charge. A majority shareholder with some integrity would be a godsend.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

@jakob187: The game had plenty of issues and in practice was not fantastic, but the internet has rose-tinted it into oblivion. Jeff's review is a great resource if you want to know what that game actually was.

Aw, isn't that cute.
    Just because a lot of people actually believe it's a good game and still think it is doesn't really mean that they're wearing "rose-tinted" anything.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RazielCuts

Take out the gunplay, make it for a smaller budget and release it on XBLA, PSN and Steam. Done.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@assinass said:

NOPE NOPE NOPE

Much better with the audio

Loading Video...

D:

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten: I'm not going to try and say that any one persons opinion is incorrect because that's an impossible thing to argue, it the shift in general opinion over time for that game was obvious, as was its reasoning.

When the game came out, the general consensus was that it was pretty good, but it had issues inherent in its design and that if a sequel was made then hopefully things could be improved. "At least they tried something different" was very common.

After it became generally well known that the small original IP experiment didn't work out well for EA and that they were going to trend towards doing things gamers hated again, opinion swung in very obvious way and suddenly everyone ignores the game faults because "At least it was something different".

Now that were far enough removed from the first part everyones opinion has solidified into this odd fantastic picture of a game that most agreed during their first critical impression was not faultless by a Texas mile.

Its pretty clear that the general opinion for this game has coincided with the change in opinion about EA from that brief high.

lucslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lucslade
    No Caption Provided

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Aegon

@lucslade said:
    No Caption Provided

Oh shit. Why are they allowed to do this. Isn't anyone telling them to back off? Or maybe this is a marketing thing.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really love it, especially if they threw out the guns.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

@zeforgotten: I'm not going to try and say that any one persons opinion is incorrect because that's an impossible thing to argue, it the shift in general opinion over time for that game was obvious, as was its reasoning.

When the game came out, the general consensus was that it was pretty good, but it had issues inherent in its design and that if a sequel was made then hopefully things could be improved. "At least they tried something different" was very common.

After it became generally well known that the small original IP experiment didn't work out well for EA and that they were going to trend towards doing things gamers hated again, opinion swung in very obvious way and suddenly everyone ignores the game faults because "At least it was something different".

Now that were far enough removed from the first part everyones opinion has solidified into this odd fantastic picture of a game that most agreed during their first critical impression was not faultless by a Texas mile.

Its pretty clear that the general opinion for this game has coincided with the change in opinion about EA from that brief high.

Or maybe it's just that those of us that really liked the game are the ones actually still talking about it?

lucslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lucslade

@aegon: Personally I would love to see a new one. I think throughout playing that game (even though I loved it) I kept telling myself how good it could be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.