Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

Game Dissection: Mirror's Edge

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By Slunks

Hey guys,

Just making it aware that I completed my long overdue, jam-packed review of Mirror's Edge. It was a lot of work putting together a text review AND  video review, but man that page looks pretty afterwards. Something that I wanted to do was make my video review subjective by including what I liked, and then keeping my text review style the same -- objective. I didn't really try for it this time around, because I don't think I'd make an example of the idea too well, but I may try a little harder next time. One thing that killed me was the lack of my capturing device not working, or at least, me missing the software (Gamebridge's Intervideo) for it. I can't find the CD anywhere, and Adaptech has a terrible, disastrous website. So I apologize for a bunch of trailer footage, but it's all I had to work with!

Important Note: The game technically received a three out of five, but something goofed when I posted the review. Now, because it's Giant Bomb, I can't edit or remove/repost my review. Talking with a mod right now to see how I can get it fixed.

Now ... what to play next? :)

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1  Edited By Slunks

Hey guys,

Just making it aware that I completed my long overdue, jam-packed review of Mirror's Edge. It was a lot of work putting together a text review AND  video review, but man that page looks pretty afterwards. Something that I wanted to do was make my video review subjective by including what I liked, and then keeping my text review style the same -- objective. I didn't really try for it this time around, because I don't think I'd make an example of the idea too well, but I may try a little harder next time. One thing that killed me was the lack of my capturing device not working, or at least, me missing the software (Gamebridge's Intervideo) for it. I can't find the CD anywhere, and Adaptech has a terrible, disastrous website. So I apologize for a bunch of trailer footage, but it's all I had to work with!

Important Note: The game technically received a three out of five, but something goofed when I posted the review. Now, because it's Giant Bomb, I can't edit or remove/repost my review. Talking with a mod right now to see how I can get it fixed.

Now ... what to play next? :)

JediMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JediMaster

Quite honestly, up until I read your review, this game did not interest me at all. But, I might have to give it the good ol' college try. I appreciate the fact that you acknowledge this game as inventive, even if it is flawed, when considering that most games are sequels and regurgitations of themselves. 

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By strangeling
    JediMaster said:
    Quite honestly, up until I read your review, this game did not interest me at all. But, I might have ... [more]
    And...
    You can pick it up on the cheap now, the extremely cheap.
    Last time I was in Target (the Thursday Terminator: Salvation was released) they had a good numbers of copies, and they were marked down to a mere $9.99!
    Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Dovey
    Nice review Slunks,  I never really played around with combat aspect as I was told it was sloppy and mainly just went for the running route.   The story is a real shame as Digital Illuisions made a real effort to create a world where looks can be deceiving.  I find it weird that they took the personal story approach when it is hard for the player to care about any of the characters, cause your given so little about them.  I would have liked to see them go for a more worldly story.

I was a tad bit annoyed about the music cause most of the time it just one track looped over and over.  Sure it is a nice track, but I don't listen to just one song on my Iphone for 7hrs.  Would have liked to have seen them go into a bit more effort in this area.

Also did you play the game with runners eye on or off? I found that when I turned it off it was a much more challenging and enjoyable experience. Because you as the player really had to make the choices about where to next and if you made a mistake (or copious amounts like I did), you never really felt like it was an issue with the game, just you making poor route decisions.
    MadBootsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By MadBootsy

;)

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Alex_V

Enjoyable watch and read - good job. I think I enjoyed the game a whole lot more than you did.

ecsassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ecsassy

this is really nasty i dont kno why people like this stuff its harsh to the animals

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.