Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

What should a Mirror's Edge sequelhave?

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bingbangboom

I just beat the game the other day and would agree with the three star review. The best thing about the game is the presentation and makes the frustrating portions a little easier to swallow. The thing is, I really want to see more of this world and what it has to offer. So what should a sequel have?

I would actually do two games, Mirror's Edge: Blue and Mirror's Edge 2.

Mirror's Edge: Blue
    ================
    DLC episodic game to be later released as a retail product with Mirror's Edge.

The game would focus on the police force in the game and how they deal with this world. Would play a detective who knows Kate, Faith's sister, and the fallout of the events of the first game directly after the ending.

Would continue the first person perspective but more focused on gunplay including new weapons.

New gameplay elements including some sort of cop "instinct" instead of runner's vision. You will see things turn blue if you have a feeling about something that is about to happen or where to go.

Would lead into the story of Mirror's Edge 2.

Mirror's Edge 2
    =============
    Multiplayer modes including Tag, Runners vs. Blues, Co-Op, Free Running (similar to skateboarding games).

Full 3D cut scenes, either real time or rendered. No more 2D.

Visually seeing Faith more during the story.

New co-op only moves.

Create a level: Allows you to place buildings and structures with time trial goals.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MKHavoc

I agree with changing the cutscenes and creating your own levels sounds like a really good idea.  I think the next game should be longer and there should be a lot less combat. 

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thordain

an apology

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Warfare
    Thordain said:
    "an apology"
    lol win!
    kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kilzombie

Hmm, for the next game, I want to see some "messenger" missions, afterall, isnt that what Faith acutally does? And a lot less combat, and NO GUNS!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.