Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

Xbox 360 controller vs PS3 controller?

henrik_zwomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By henrik_zwomp

Many people in various podcasts I listen to said they did not want to play Mirror's Edge with the Xbox controller. They said they didn't want to be force into using the LB and RB buttons that much.

So I'm curious, have anybody have played Mirror's Edge on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3? And does the different controllers really makes any difference to gameplay/experience?

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lieutenant

I preferred the 360 controller. I don't like the triggers on the DS3 since they have a lot more resistance.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daz0608

Usually I prefer the Xbox controler, but this dosen't control like a usual game, and the lead sku for this game was the PS3, but I haven't played it on a PS3 so I'm not sure

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I haven't played the PS3 version but although unconventional I've had no trouble with the 360 controls, they feel fine to use.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Red

Definitely go for the PS3 version if you have the choice. LB and RB just aren't good for frequent use on the 360 controller.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Red said:
    "Definitely go for the PS3 version if you have the choice. LB and RB just aren't good for frequent use on the 360 controller."
      NO sir , you have to use LB and RB constantly in many games  like  Dead Space and I personally have no problem with it  .
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Red said:
    "Definitely go for the PS3 version if you have the choice. LB and RB just aren't good for frequent use on the 360 controller."
      NO sir , you have to use LB and RB constantly in many games  like  Dead Space and I personally have no problem with it  ."
    Yup, the 360 controller is far superior in pretty much every way. From my experience, the PS3 controller triggers (R2 and L2) are just all wrong, esepcially in comparison with the 360's bumpers.
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By KamasamaK
    Vinchenzo said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Red said:
      NO sir , you have to use LB and RB constantly in many games  like  Dead Space and I personally have no problem with it  ."
    Yup, the 360 controller is far superior in pretty much every way. From my experience, the PS3 controller triggers (R2 and L2) are just all wrong, esepcially in comparison with the 360's bumpers."
    Wait, why would you compare triggers to bumpers?

Anyway, either one is fine by me. The only notable difference is the Xbox 360 controller's bad d-pad.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail

I have. I think it was about the same really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.