Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

AA-12 to be overpowered

• 67 results
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By demontium
    @ConfusedSanity: good to know.
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By calidan777
    @PercyChuggs said:
    " @calidan777 said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " I find it crazy that the game is not even out, yet some are still speculating on what's over powered, simply because of the real-life versions of these guns.   Modern Warfare 2 is a videogame, not a gun simulator for gun totting rednecks.   ... "
    Gun totting rednecks? I own plenty of guns but I'm not a redneck. "
    You own guns? You must be some moronic, bible thumping hillbilly Bush voter. "
    lol, I guess so.
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Psytek

This has been confirmed to be full auto.

I doubt it will be unbalanced though, even if they increase the shotgun range from cod4, they will still be severely limited.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#54  Edited By natetodamax
    @jakob187: The weapons in World At War are definitely not balanced. The shotguns are completely bugged, the sniper rifles are underpowered and sometimes don't even register shots, the semi-auto rifles are mediocre, the LMGs and HMGs are useless, and the SMGs destroy EVERYTHING.
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SammydesinasNL
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Lashe said:
    " Oh christ, would people stop worrying about the balance of the game and drawing their own conclusions? 

It's Infinity Ward, not Treyarch. 

It's not gonna be a patch on a rifle, some distance and a few rounds to the head, just like every other shotgun. I'm sure it'll be a great weapon for CQC if that's your thing. "
    Wait, World at War sucked?  I must've missed that somewhere.  The vehicle maps suck...and I'm not fond of the campaign, but it doesn't suck.  The guns are plenty balanced in that game, but you have to realize that they are WWII weaponry...and most people playing that game are using those weapons incorrectly anyways. "

Well CoD3 sure did suck. A slightly better made Hour of Victory.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By mikemcn
    @PureRok said:
    "@ConfusedSanity said:

" :@Lashe said:

" Oh christ, would people stop worrying about the balance of the game and drawing their own conclusions? 

It's not gonna be a patch on a rifle, some distance and a few rounds to the head, just like every other shotgun. I'm sure it'll be a great weapon for CQC if that's your thing. "
    Sir I have 1 word..well not word..I am just going to say M16 most to over powered gun in modern warfare and yes I know it's not Treyarch but at least they made all the weapons suck just as much as each other "
    That's because the M16, while unreliable and prone to jamming, is arguably one of the best assault rifles that exists when it works correctly.  Edit: Also, who cares if the shotgun is automatic or not? It's still just a shotgun. "
    Im pretty sure that was mostly a vietnam era issue. The M16A3 is much improved over older versions.
    @The_Ish said:

"They made the G3 semi-auto and the M16 use only 3 round bursts. Don't worry about it being OPed, IW usually knows how to balance a gun.  "

Can the real M16 shoot in full auto?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pause422

Yes, it can.

Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NevereatNirnroot
    @RsistncE said:
    "Seems to me that most people here don't realize that:  REAL LIFE =/= VIDEO GAMES  Why do you people keep using real life examples of how the weapons are to defend the in game representations? There's only about 1 or 2 games out there that actually strive for the gun to look, "feel" and operate similarily to the real counterparts and MW2 definitely isn't one of them. Honestly people, wtf. "

+1
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
    deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the AA-12 is going to be better than what people are assuming from the shotguns in CoD4. I'm hoping that the balancing in the guns are put to way better use and versatility than the last one. For example, I hate using the M16 because I believe it was an overused gun that was cheap. It was basically a mid to long range sniper rifle with stopping power. Without the nuisance of single shot fire and horrible recoil. I could rack up 30 kills a game on TDM easily with that gun, so I challenged myself using other guns like the M44 and the AK-47. I just hope whatever burst gun they have in the next game, will not be that accurate and powerful in MW2.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#60  Edited By natetodamax
    @NevereatNirnroot said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    "Seems to me that most people here don't realize that:  REAL LIFE =/= VIDEO GAMES  Why do you people keep using real life examples of how the weapons are to defend the in game representations? There's only about 1 or 2 games out there that actually strive for the gun to look, "feel" and operate similarily to the real counterparts and MW2 definitely isn't one of them. Honestly people, wtf. "
    +1 "
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By keyhunter

They'll probably give it hell of recoil and give it less power and range than the other shotguns. Automatic shotguns have been in many shooters, and only project IGI had a good one.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By The_Dude
    @innacces14 said:

"
    Just posting for people who are curious about what an AA-12 Shotgun is. 

"
    You ever notice that, that guy who hosts that show whispers a lot...it's really awkward.
    xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By xDARKxKnight

The AA-12 is limited to 8 rounds when its being used in multiplayer.

CB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CB

Here's some good footage of it being used at :55, 3:25, and 5:50:

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By JoelTGM
    @CB:  thanks for that gameplay, it looks awesome
    IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By IcySandman

Yep I'm using that, then my friend will get mad at me, and I'll stop using it.  Then someone else will take it up and so on.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By coolarman
    @Lashe said:

This and...... 

@pause422 said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " I find it crazy that the game is not even out, yet some are still speculating on what's over powered, simply because of the real-life versions of these guns.   Modern Warfare 2 is a videogame, not a gun simulator for gun totting rednecks.   ... "
    Exactly...it makes no sense whatsoever to even think for a second this is going to be anything else but just another shotgun. The shotguns in MW 1 didnt do shit after you got out of extremely close range, which is definitely not accurate to real life in any possible way. Its for balance..they will do the same to this one. There is no reason for anyone to assume just because a gun is great in real life and its going into the game its going to be extremely overpowered, none whatsoever. Also...yeah, the game isnt even out yet. "
    This, okay i am done know

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.