Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

AKIMBO

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kmdrkul

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that when I had heard there would be duel-wielding in MW2, I got skeptical and figured Infinity Ward had taken it a bit too far.  I can't remember the last time there was duel-wielding in a war type of shooter.  Sure, I remember the last Turok had it, and there was Perfect Dark eons ago, but still.

I finally got around to unlocking the Akimbo "attachment" for one of the submachine guns (the, uh, second one from the top) and I have to say it's a BLAST running around with them.  I've always been the type of person to disregard what anyone thinks of me or my videogame strategy, so I laughed it up knowing that there were people undoubtedly cursing me out in their heads for having a spray-n-pray gun in each hand.  Really after playing for a few matches with it though I switched back to the good ole' RDS.  Submachine guns (and it seemed moreso the particular one I was using) have shitty accuracy and range to begin with, but having two of them and being unable to zoom made it really tough to hit anyone outside of, say, shotgun range.  I had the hip-firing perk on (I just got done playing for three hours straight, my brain is 
    fried...) but I'm not sure if that increased the accuracy or not.  Basically I found the feature to be a fun little gimmick to mess around with before getting back to serious business as they say.  I've only been killed by it maybe three times in the eight or so hours I've played online.

Has anyone else tried the duel-wielding out and what have your experiences been with it?  What do you think when you get killed by someone spraying a shitload of bullets at you via two guns? 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

I have a kit set up.  You best believe it! 

Vector w/ Akimbo + silencer 
    Bling Pro 
    Stopping Power Pro 
    Steady Aim Pro 
    Stun grenades/Blast Shield 
    Martyrdom

I wreck with it, pisses people off real good.  I only use it on a couple maps though:  Scrapyard, Highrise, and Favela.  On other maps, it's virtually useless.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Adamantium

I'm trying to level up my Glock machine pistol so I can have some secondary Akimbo going on at close range. But yeah, it seems more like a "fun" feature than a "serious and useful" feature.

gungrave45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By gungrave45

duel wielding isnt accurate enough for me. but its plenty badass.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hilikus

Watching some guy duel wield umps thinking "dude, he must be ripped."

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
    @Adamantium said:
    " I'm trying to level up my Glock machine pistol so I can have some secondary Akimbo going on at close range. But yeah, it seems more like a "fun" feature than a "serious and useful" feature. "
    In Domination, where you are usually getting in close quarters to try and confuse the shit out of people...man, it's awesome. 

Another really good Akimbo setup for perks is putting Lightweight Pro on.  Man, you can run like crazy and easily be a Boris.
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adamantium
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Adamantium said:
    " I'm trying to level up my Glock machine pistol so I can have some secondary Akimbo going on at close range. But yeah, it seems more like a "fun" feature than a "serious and useful" feature. "
    In Domination, where you are usually getting in close quarters to try and confuse the shit out of people...man, it's awesome.  Another really good Akimbo setup for perks is putting Lightweight Pro on.  Man, you can run like crazy and easily be a Boris. "

Yeah it really rules in close quarters, I just have to remember to burst fire because of that nasty recoil.  :P

Sweet that sounds fun. I'm still working on Lightweight Pro, right now I've been farming kills with my silenced UMP45/Cold Blooded just to rank up quickly.
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Chokobo

Fuckin' hate akimbo.  Totally worthless for me and goes against my whole playstyle.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kmdrkul:   I love Akimbo with the .44, people drop about instantly, as you can unload 4 shots in about 1 second.
    gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

I'm just surprised that IW was able to add all of this stuff and keep it fairly balanced.  I haven't run into anything that is really overpowered yet.  MW2's multiplayer destroys COD4's imo.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Red

Meh. What great action heroes have dual-wielded? 
    It's a neat feature, but it's not really my thing. I'm a bigger fan of the tactical knife. Now that looks badass.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gimmysumcowbel:   The only thing I hate is getting killed by one burst of the FAMAS or M16, or some douche camper with an AA12.  Other than that though, I agree that is is very amazing that they added all of these things and achieved a quite balanced game.  /agree on blowing COD4 out of the water.
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Hannibal

I accidentally unlocked Akimbo for the RCP90 or whatever it's really called, but in the Spec Ops mission where you start with the akimbo weapons totally turned me off to the idea because it was so damn frustrating.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Flushes
    @Hannibal said:
    " I accidentally unlocked Akimbo for the RCP90 or whatever it's really called, but in the Spec Ops mission where you start with the akimbo weapons totally turned me off to the idea because it was so damn frustrating. "
    RCP90? I really, really hope you know what game the RCP90 is from.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gizmo

I really need to stop using the same set-up on every map, I think that's where my downfall lies. Trying to use akimbo on a open map is suicide.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By empfeix
    @Flushes said:
    " @Hannibal said:
    " I accidentally unlocked Akimbo for the RCP90 or whatever it's really called, but in the Spec Ops mission where you start with the akimbo weapons totally turned me off to the idea because it was so damn frustrating. "
    RCP90? I really, really hope you know what game the RCP90 is from. "
    of course he does, you can tell because he said "or whatever its really called" - meaning it looks like it and since we all know the gun in bond its a good reference point.  Honestly I don't know what any of the guns are called either in these new fangled FPS games.
    Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bald3rdash

I have a custom class called "Huntin' Bears" and it involves dual wielding both UMP45's and .44 revolvers. 

I don't use it more than one life at a time, but damn it's fun.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Akimbo P90s on Estate. Finished top of my team.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Shadow

I'm rollin' around with double silenced P90's (thanks to that awesome perk).  It's fucking awesome to run around undetected by any sort of radar with what might as well be a silenced minigun.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Hilikus said:
    " Watching some guy duel wield umps thinking "dude, he must be ripped." "
    Yeah... That doesn't really work well in CQC with a enemy holding a shotgun.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Red: Inspector Tequila would like a word with you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.