Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Anyone have an explanation?

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iiNF3RNo

Why is everyone on CoD dicks? You go in a game, have a decent score and then have the kids start calling you racist slurs. I mean this only happens in CoD. Halo will always be a better game in my opinion because of the community. The CoD community just blows. Everyone on there thinks they are the next MLG pro and literally have no life. anybody have an idea why this game provokes doucheness? 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax
    @iiNF3RNo said:
     I mean this only happens in CoD
    False
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rayfield

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sopranosfan

It is not the only game but I do feel it happens slightly more on COD because of just how many young people buy the game.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Rockanomics

The greater internet fuckwad theory, more or less.

KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KennyPowers

General rule -     Internet = anonymity = no consequences = people being jackasses 

especially on "popular" games like COD and Halo where there are more people playing.  It sucks.  I havent played Halo in about a year, so I dont know what its like now, but that was always the exact same situation.  Halo's community may be better now because more people are playing COD.  But I never would've considered Halo a good community.  It was probably the worst of all the Xbox games, in my opinion.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By DanielJW

That's when you scream into your mic as loud as you can. 

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By canucks23
    @iiNF3RNo said:
    " Halo will always be a better game in my opinion because of the community. "
    I've always thought the Halo community to be the worst.  way way way to many 10 year olds/assholes. But when you think of it... This is how it is in every game, not just CoD
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Skald

Did you even play Halo when it came out? Every game attracts the kind of people you described, and the more popular the game is, the more likely you are to see them. 

The whole premise you built your argument on is fallacious. Either you haven't noticed this kind of behavior in other games, or you just haven't played any other mainstream online games.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By EpicSteve

Internet dicks exist in every major multiplayer game, especially the competitive ones. It's a realty we all face. It's up to us to not be assholes ourselves, and mute those 12 year-olds with a racist vocabulary.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShadowKing7

That's pretty much why I usually don't use my headset when playing random online matches so as to avoid the douchebags.
    ZombieKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By ZombieKitty

.@canucks23 said:
    " @iiNF3RNo said:
    I've always thought the Halo community to be the worst.  way way way to many 10 year olds/assholes. But when you think of it... This is how it is in every game, not just CoD "
    Yup, if they are below 20, they are usually idiots. But come to think of it, there are just a lot of idiots of all ages.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @EpicSteve said:
    " Internet dicks exist in every major multiplayer game, especially the competitive ones. It's a realty we all face. It's up to us to not be assholes ourselves, and mute those 12 year-olds with a racist vocabulary. "
    /thread
    chacho89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chacho89

Well man thats basically on all online FPS since younger people pick up the game and try to act tough, waht I do is magically mute those people and is like they virtually diasappear

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This isn't a CoD-specific thing, but it is the more mainstream Xbox 360 titles that seem to suffer from it. Everyone knows the game so the kids know it as "that super-cool game with all the guns that I'll be real hard if I play". A bunch of kids pick it up, there seems to be a lack of parental awareness and voila, 12 year old screaming racist slurs at you down the mic. From what I've heard the MW2 multiplayer has reached a point where this kind of thing has peaked and my guess is that's because we've hit a point where everyone serious about getting the game has got it but word has finally hit all the over-aggressive kids and parents of those kids. Personally while I'm not overly-familiar with the CoD community I'm not sure they're that much better than some people in the Halo community, speaking from experience there are some brilliant, creative, intelligent and passionate people in the Halo community but there are far too many elitists and guys who think they are tough because they hide behind a video game trash-talking over Xbox LIVE.

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By potatomash3r
    @iiNF3RNo: Not on the PC. Its quiet....too quiet. 
    Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Butchio

This happens on all multiplayer games, but i think it happens on cod for a number of reasons

1. Its an easy game
    2. The large fanbase

Beacuse it is an easy game more people are going to get it therefore giving it a large fanbase. The biggest douchebags you are going to get are the kids who think they are brilliant. Their high pitched screaming hurts your head and makes you shut shut the fuck up. Once you do well in a game, people get jealous and therefore starting dishing out the grief in some sense of self defense of having just done bad in a game. The ones i hate the most are the sore losers which would be most people playing that game.

TIP: When in the lobby mute everyone that you arent talking to, when in game, mute everyone in your team if you have no mic. If you do, mute the people that you dont talk to.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#18  Edited By citizenkane

Like butchio said, it's a fairly easy game to get into and has a vastly large fanbase.  The percentage of coming across these types of people are very good.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Evilsbane

You wanna know why trolls do what they do? Because they get a reaction and threads like this are made, they know how to make you angry and the secret is to just play the game and mute people who make you sad, but no there is ALWAYS ONE Person online that is gonna be a dick that is just how it is has nothing to do with CoD.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stealthdf2

if half the parents in the world would actually do some parenting and keep MAture games out of the hands of 10 year olds we wouldnt have as many problems. now everyone below the age of 18 can flame me. im thinking more of 15 and younger crowd but it wont matter
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TomA

why do people keep making these threads?

EDIT: Just mute the jerks, every time i get into a game i mute everyone anyway.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By super_machine

PS3, I never have that problem.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By willin
    @super_machine said:
    " PS3, I never have that problem. "
    Because headsets aren't standards.
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By super_machine
    @Lights_Up_The_Shaft: bingo, just another perk IMO.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By fentonalpha

Solution.  Instead of just banning modders, Live should also ban consoles where kids play M-Rated games.... unlikely but i can dream.

Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Alphawolfy

Well first of all I don't think this type of thing is exclusive to the COD community. I think that the reason there are so many idiots (won't specify age, as I know some 13 yr olds who are quite mature) is because the game is so popular. But the solution really, is just mute em! Or try plugging in your headset, then putting it next to you (don't wear it). You don't have to mute anyone but all the insults will be directed onto your couch, chair, or whatever surface you've put the mic on.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kohe321

And this is why I prefer to play online games on PC. The only talking you hear in MW2 on the PC is in the lobby when people want to skip a map... In-game it's usually all "wtf HACKER!!" and "LOL PWNED" text.

Xbox live is filled with 13 year old foul-mouthed asshats who play games they shouldn't be allowed to play.

Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pantalooney

I don't agree, i've seen a lot more 10 years old kids on Halo. The only difference is that most of the time they are in private partys in Halo.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JokerClown88

I love you guys.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By guiseppe
    @iiNF3RNo said:
    " anybody have an idea why this game provokes doucheness?  " 

It's because it's a popular game. Some people just are douches when it comes to games, so the more people you get, the higher the douche-rate. This was and still is true of Halo as well. It's just that right now there are a lot more people playing MW2.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frankxiv

an explanation?

nanomachines

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheHBK
    @iiNF3RNo said:
    HAHAHAHAHA

rookie.
    evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By evanbrau

Halos community is terrible, CoDs community is terrible. Its a fact of life that theres no getting around if you want to play the two, both are awesome. FPS games seem to be the ones that attract the greatest number of cunts and the more competitive they are they worse things get. I loved Killzone 2 since I couldn't hear anyone, it was bliss.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Andorski

Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, etc. are all targeted to the lowest common denominator.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Will1Lucky

And every time they try it I tend to argue with them insisting they go back to Viva Piñata or something along those lines and making smart remarks about their voices pitch. But nothing, and I mean nothing tops the time I was told by some Kid he was going to UAV my Xbox Live, and kill me in my sleep......we laughed him out of the server that's for sure.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Metroid545
    @iiNF3RNo said:
    "Why is everyone on CoD dicks? You go in a game, have a decent score and then have the kids start calling you racist slurs. I mean this only happens in CoD. Halo will always be a better game in my opinion because of the community. The CoD community just blows. Everyone on there thinks they are the next MLG pro and literally have no life. anybody have an idea why this game provokes doucheness?  "

halos community is worse...also this is basically LIVE in general
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Druminator

The mass wave of pre-teen pricks always move to what's popular, which is usually from Halo to COD then back to a new Halo and then yet another COD.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CL60

I find the people in the 17-20 age range to be the biggest dicks to be honest. The kids are the most annoying though.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By Snail

I assume you have never played an online game before?

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By evanbrau
    @Will1Lucky said:
    " And every time they try it I tend to argue with them insisting they go back to or something along those lines and making smart remarks about their voices pitch. But nothing, and I mean nothing tops the time I was told by some Kid he was going to UAV my Xbox Live, and kill me in my sleep......we laughed him out of the server that's for sure. "
    In before angry pc player comments about the use of the word server.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Djeffers03

cough*mute option*cough

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.