Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

CoD:MW2....these guys are good

Lambeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Lambeaus

After wrapping up a few other games, I'm finally getting back into Modern Warfare 2. Such a great game. But seems seemed to have changed in the 6 months that I went without playing.  Some people are amazingly good, or they are horrible cheaters. I 'used' to be really decent. I'd be first or second on all the games (ground war), and I still am usually top five....but there is ALWAYS one or two guys that will get 40 or 50 kills in one match. How is this even possible? I was nuked TWICE in an hour yesterday!
    I had never heard of any cheats or glitches manipulating this game before, but I find it hard that people are able to do this game in and game out.

Lambeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Lambeaus

After wrapping up a few other games, I'm finally getting back into Modern Warfare 2. Such a great game. But seems seemed to have changed in the 6 months that I went without playing.  Some people are amazingly good, or they are horrible cheaters. I 'used' to be really decent. I'd be first or second on all the games (ground war), and I still am usually top five....but there is ALWAYS one or two guys that will get 40 or 50 kills in one match. How is this even possible? I was nuked TWICE in an hour yesterday!
    I had never heard of any cheats or glitches manipulating this game before, but I find it hard that people are able to do this game in and game out.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RsistncE

How is it possible? The game is horribly broken that's how. I am quite surprised that there are still people out there (beside the frat boys and pre-pubescent teenage boys) that think this game is good.

Lambeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lambeaus

Well, this explains my sub-par performances then. Its my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By davidwitten22

Ignoring RsistncE's dickitude, yeah there are a lot of cheats and eploits. People have hacked guns that shoot faster than they should, and do the damage of different guns. The game would be amazing if it wasn't for the people playing it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Lambeaus said:

" After wrapping up a few other games, I'm finally getting back into Modern Warfare 2. Such a great game."

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By fwylo

I hopped in for a couple matches after about 5 months away from it., and was still at the top of the lists.  But I'm pretty good at shooters... 

Either way, cheaters are lame.

Cor4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cor4

I'm not a big single player guy. Even though MW2 is the most overrated game out there, I still enjoy it because it is a great time-waster. I also decided I'm gonna stop Prestiging so I hope to get to level 70 one last time before Reach drops.

I'll most likely never play this game again when Reach come out.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

Wow, backlash is so stupid. Suddenly Modern Warfare is a hated game...

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joshakazam

I got nuked by a One Man Army pro, Danger Close pro, Commando pro douche.

So, that's how they do it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.