Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Customization...

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ket87

Been playing a lot of CoD4 recently and it reminded me about one of my biggest gripes about the game, weapon customization. CoD4 really skimped on the customization letting us pick one attachment at a time from the same 3-4 items. I always thought that was pretty weak and wished that we were able to fully customize our weapons. Something I am hoping finds its way into MW2.

But then I got thinking some more about what I'd like to see in MW2, why don't they up the real world customizations and roll it into the perks. Instead of having the arcadey perks system have the perks be customization options and attachments for your weapon or character.

It makes sense too the perk system was more or less set up this way anyways just gotta change the names. Instead of Stopping Power have Armor Piercing Rounds, instead of Juggernaut have Body Armor (this would also allow them to nerf it by making only the torso have damage reduction). Steady Aim could be a shoulder strap, etc.

And all these options could be presented visually on your in game character and weapon. They could change other gameplay factors like running speed and weapon performance to handicap players who try to be a one man army or use cheap combinations. So instead of relegating us three limited slots and one attachment we have to experiment and weigh the pros and cons of our choices, do I want mobility and sacrifice armor and a higher ammo count, or do I load up and deal with the consequences. I believe this would give us a much deeper online experience, and the potential for more realistic and balanced gameplay is there.

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By raynate2022

In terms of making perks real world names (Body Armor ect...) and making them visually apparent is an awesome idea. Not having any customization on your character is one thing I always hated. Good idea

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By lemon360

well you can't let people make overpowered weapons, and i would really like half a dozen cool new perks. and speaking of customization i think deciding the look of the characters face, facial hair and skin color would be cool for mp.

SolidestChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SolidestChimp

silent snipers =(  plz :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.