Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Funnest Class to try

ScubaKlown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ScubaKlown

ok bare with me this may be kinda of a dumb idea but ive never gone negative with it before

Primary: doesn't matter (i go p-90 rapid fire)
    Secondary: any handgun with tactical knife (usp is the quickest to get since u start with it unlocked)
    Perk1: marathon (pro version if you can)
    Perk2: light weight  (pro version if you can)
    Perk3: commando (pro version if you can)
    equipment: throwing knife for fun 
    Special Grenade: stun or flash

with this class you can literally hall ass all around all maps getting crazy amounts of knifes kills with the tactical knife. with your increased speed and knife distance most people don't know what to do when you speed around a corner knife ready.  When i first tried it on afghan i  got a harrier strike in about 10 seconds knifing there entire spawn ( hella epic). so yea try it out and give me your thoughts on this fun class style.

Ravage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ravage

That's the same as Robert Bowling:  http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/5863646290

I got to try it out for sure, but I pretty much only play HTDM at the moment and the class would be pretty useless in that.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

I always use this on FFA, get first place everytime. It's flawless.

ScubaKlown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ScubaKlown

yea i mostly use it on domination. especially on high rise or afghan maps. i went like 24-14 with the majority being knife kills.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGodPoet

I just started using this class the other day and it's fun as hell. Constantly running around and knifing people never gets old. I don't like to use the Tactical knife as it doesn't look as awesome as slashing at someone. 

Also........ 

Jumping off that huge cliff in Afghan with Commando Pro is always awesome.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Its a no brainer class to make for messing around in melee, anyone that wants to fuck around with knifing will make that exact class really.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

I have a similar class for capture the flag and domination, once we cap all the flags in Domination i just wait for the announcement over what flag is being capped and then i sprint there and kill the dude.
    ScubaKlown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ScubaKlown

yea its becoming one of my favorite classes to use especially whit how fast the tactical knife is

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @pause422 said:
    " Its a no brainer class to make for messing around in melee, anyone that wants to fuck around with knifing will make that exact class really. "
    Exactly, this is not really new to anyone who wanted to do this in the first place. Except one could replace Commando with Ninja if they wanted to be a little stealthier.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By meptron

I'm going to modify one of my current classes so that I can try this. I guess you need to get some pistol kills before you can equip the tact. knife, right?

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Meptron said:
    " I'm going to modify one of my current classes so that I can try this. I guess you need to get some pistol kills before you can equip the tact. knife, right? "
    Correct.
    thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By thordain

I like to carry a thumper rocket launcher as my second weapon. Not to take down any airborne foes, its just hilarious against riot shields. They all run up as soon as they see you, and then presumably lose it when they get blown up.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Pie

Ill have to try this out, I cant see it working but it sounds like it does so

Begemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Begemot

I thought someone would suggest an original idea. Oh well.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I encounter a lot of people with this style in the last few days. They usually surprise me a few times, then I start taking wider turns around corners and spray down anyone who tries it.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By meteora

I have never seen anyone using the tactical knife yet, which I guess is nice since I hate getting knifed whenever someone runs up to me. Never works whenever I do it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

i never thought about this. i never tried it out before. it sounds like it is fun to do.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Donos

Isn't this one of the presets? I think "first recon" gives you marathon + lightweight and a revolver w/ tac knife.

And yes, running around on invasion ganking people = pure fun. Kinda disgusting how well it works though. You really shouldnt be going 35 and 10 when your basically unarmed.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By btman

i'm currently trying this out. and let me tell you it is F.U.N.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Matt_

I would recommend using ninja pro instead. That way your footsteps don't make any noise.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @ScubaKlown said:
    " ok bare with me this may be kinda of a dumb idea but ive never gone negative with it before  Primary: doesn't matter (i go p-90 rapid fire) Secondary: any handgun with tactical knife (usp is the quickest to get since u start with it unlocked) Perk1: marathon (pro version if you can)Perk2: light weight  (pro version if you can) Perk3: commando (pro version if you can) equipment: throwing knife for fun  Special Grenade: stun or flash with this class you can literally hall ass all around all maps getting crazy amounts of knifes kills with the tactical knife. with your increased speed and knife distance most people don't know what to do when you speed around a corner knife ready.  When i first tried it on afghan i  got a harrier strike in about 10 seconds knifing there entire spawn ( hella epic). so yea try it out and give me your thoughts on this fun class style. "
    that is exactly the class perks i was going to recommend. i actually use that class the most. 
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NinjaHunter

I encountered one of these guys yesterday. He angered me greatly.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ahriman22

I'm going to try this. I need to boost my ratio.

ScubaKlown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ScubaKlown

im glad to see every enjoying there new knife killing skills lol

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danguy

Riot shields are fun! Just run around and melee everyone.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rinkalicous

I cannot get this class to work at all. My guy hauls serious ass around the map, sure, but people shoot me from behind or before I can get to them constantly. I had a score of 2 kills and 12 deaths. What am I doing wrong?

Phaseshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phaseshift

Akimbo 1887's, they are so powerful and watching people fly backwards bad kung-fu movie style everytime you give both barrels is lulz.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArchScabby
    @ScubaKlown:  I did this tonight while playing, It's fucking awesome.  I don't get how I get on top of the game leaderboard without ever shooting a bullet, but I did for most of the games I used this class in.
    MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By MAST

I don't get how a person would be successful with this setup, since MW2 has so many long lanes on almost every map. Any time I try and use a setup like this (or even a Riot Shield for that matter), I inevitably round a corner with someone off in the distance, who can easily shoot me since they have a red dot sight, yet I can't do anything against. So I usually end up dying... For some reason, if I'm not using a rifle, or some other distance weapon, I usually end up sucking pretty hard. Even using a SMG is sometimes difficult for me, because as soon as you are at a certain distance with it, you can't hardly hit anything that's moving.

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kenya24
    @Phaseshift:  I was playing with a guy rocking those yesterday. He was owning. They have crazy range and power. I picked his weapons up a couple times and WOW.
    Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shibbxyz

my sit rep pro is > your sprinting
    ill shoot the corner before you come around it ... sometimes :D

ScubaKlown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ScubaKlown
    @Rinkalicous:  well i mainly use this class in domination. its all about flanking your opponents opposition. lets say you are playing domination on afghan starting at A point. once you capture it u can go through the cave the long way around to the C point to Flank their backs at C. it mainly all about where your opponents are planning to travel and how to flank them with sweet knifing action
    n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By n8
    @ScubaKlown: 

tried this..!   

dont have marathon pro yet, nor do i have the tactical knife for my USP..  but I have everything else per your specs, p90 w/ rapidfire, pro-everything else, etc..

and just won 4 free-for-all matches in a row sir   :-)    granted..  was ranging from like 30:16 to 30:27 lol..  so maybe not ideal for k:d but who gives a shit..   it was a blast knifing dudes in the face =)

how much faster will things get with tactical knife?   im like 71 kills away with my usp still lawl.  =/
    Kouerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kouerson

This is pretty much just the Blade Runner class that SomethingAwful developed. Sure, it is similar to the First Recon preset but the commando is what makes all the difference.

Lock-on lunging stabs? Yes please.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Pie

Just had a pretty awesome moment using this class, some enemies were hiding behind cover in a alley type place making us go into a choke point so I just ran through trying to catch this guy who was running back to reload and when I kill him I turn round and see 3 enemies right up in my face trying to knife me. I killed them

ScubaKlown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ScubaKlown
    @Pie said:
    " Just had a pretty awesome moment using this class, some enemies were hiding behind cover in a alley type place making us go into a choke point so I just ran through trying to catch this guy who was running back to reload and when I kill him I turn round and see 3 enemies right up in my face trying to knife me. I killed them "
    thats awesome bro, i love that feeling when you have done a perfect flank seeing 3 enemies crouched in front of you like retards waiting to get knifed
    Sample

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sample
    @RiotBananas: oh, go fly a kite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.