Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Has the multiplayer become slower paced?

Avatar image for colonel0crunkenstein
    Colonel0Crunkenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Like a whole shit-ton of other people, I have been sucked into the awesomeness of Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer.  About 19 hours probably. (Not many games have the power over me to force me to play for more than 6 in two weeks.)

While playing I've been hearing comments from friends as well as others about one issue they believe is ruining the game. Camping.  Some defend it as a legit strategy, others condemn it as a cheap way for kills. This debate goes way back to the start of online gaming, but never have I seen it so popular now.

As for me, my opinion goes both ways. Obviously, in objective gametypes when you need to defend, camping is usually the best way to go. Its the smartest and most efficient way to defend the flag, capture point, demolition site, whatever it may be.

On the other hand, you have a gametype like Team Deathmatch. I've had games where people would hide in a window then 1 shot me with a sniper, or just hide somewhere in a corridor. Although this gets frustrating, I still try to take them out and usually succeed in doing so with grenades or my knife. However, it's the people that silence their Barret or put a heart beat sensor on it that really frustrate me. (Yo dawg we heard you like camping, so we put a radar on your gun so you can camp while you camp) Not only are you hiding, but you can see where I am. Why should I have to sacrifice a perk to be able to take you out?  I even ran into one instance where a camperwas camping another camper- LAME. Kill streaks don't help this much, as you just farm them to get a chopper gunner or AC-130.  These are pretty lame on the receiving end, as an AC-130 can kill you 2 or 3 times before you can actually leave the spawn.

Anyways, I still love the multiplayer. I wish a little more people would play run n' gun but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I was wondering how everyone here thought about this whole topic since it seems to be a popular issue in this game.  Feel free to agree or disagree and post your thoughts.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chokobo

No Caption Provided
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

No Caption Provided
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chokobo

I always play with akimbo P90s, Marathon, and Lightweight so I'd say for me personally it is rather fast-paced.

Also, it takes advantage of campers expecting slow moving targets.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By meteora

A bit slower paced. But its not only camping; the maps always have become a lot more bigger and wider. It often takes a few seconds of running around the map to even get the first kill.

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danguy

Some people choose to run out and fight, while others prefer to stay put. Both are fine. If you get killed by someones who's camping then they loose the advantage since you know where they are now and can sneak up and kill them next time. Some people have to camp like snipers, and if your playing an objective game like CTF then you need some people on each team to camp at the flag to defend it. In everyone fps there will be campers, it's just the way the game is, so either find a way to get around them, or become one.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

I started playing COD4 again, and it's a lot more fun in my opinion.  Also, dedicated servers are a big plus.

MrJiggerski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MrJiggerski

I never get the hate campers thing. Also, yeah, the new maps suck in major.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cazamalos

i don't hate campers in MW2 because the STUPID BAD design of the maps promote camping...

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By kenya24

The camping thing is an issue mostly because there's so much more to camp behind. Meaning, there's so much more detail in the levels (trees, half walls, barrels, cars, hills, rocks, planes, windows...) that there's much much more opportunity TO camp.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Whisperkill

I like it better now, I use a heartbeat sensor so I play a slow paced game
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

I'd say its faster, which is why im having so much trouble sniping, i shoot one dude and someone with an SMG is behind me shooting me.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

i think that it is faster just they put more areas to camp at.

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By myslead

it's not slower pace
    the maps are just bigger
    but they kept the player cap to the same size as it was in MW1
    play in Ground War, alot of action.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

Isn't that why kill cam is in the game?  So that campers won't be so incredibly successful.  Every time a camper takes me out I just watch the kill cam and go kill him right back.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.