Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

I love how giantbomb reputation is growing at a brilliant pace.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Farley_Lives

A year ago when the site first launched and the Giantbomb site was no more then a blog and hardly anybody I talked to knew about it. But in the past months a lot of people have taken notice of the site. It's really encouraging how well the site has picked steam with the users and even other gaming press. Arthur Gies, gives regular mention to the GB staff on rebel.fm and many other gaming sites including: 1up, Destructoid, etc;  have mentioned the site. 

The most recent example of this, is when I was hanging in the hall of the campus art building at my school, overhearing a conversation about MW2 reviews, Giant bomb came up. Then later that day listening to Podtoid 124, Jeff's review came up again. I'm starting to notice that Giantbomb as far as i know is seen as a very creditable source. As oppose to less then a year ago when know one knew what I was talking about.

For me it's very uplifting, I love the site and it's very clear it's really caught on with gamers and enthusiast press alike.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

Let's not be silly, it was never not going to take off, it's a great concept, and the people who are leading the site are strong enough names in the games industry that it was going to get noticed, not to mention all of the controversy that follows Jeff everywhere.

Although I must say I am glad it is for the sake of those at the helm, good to see something going their way.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Willy105

It's growing faster than the other big name sites like IGN and Gamespot did, but it still feels like a small community.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By I_smell

I never talk to my mates about shit on the internet, cos they're not those kinda guys. But recently one guy went on GiantBomb- I'd never mentioned it at all- and he was like "I heard about this site Giant Bomb that's supposed to be good for videos."
    I was like oh my god. How did that happen? GiantBomb just penetrated my everyday life.

Then he watched a video review of Borderlands n said "I wish they'd stop showing this fat guy and just show the game".
    One step at a time :(

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Willy105 said:
    " It's growing faster than the other big name sites like IGN and Gamespot did, but it still feels like a small community. "
    this 

@I_smell said:
    . Then he watched a video review of Borderlands n said "I wish they'd stop showing this fat guy and just show the game". One step at a time :( "
    xD, it'll come once he watches a few office wids and whatnot
    RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RawShark
    @I_smell said:
    " Then he watched a video review of Borderlands n said "I wish they'd stop showing this fat guy and just show the game". One step at a time :( "
    Oh man. That is priceless.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Renahzor
    @I_smell said:
    " GiantBomb just penetrated my everyday life. "
    Was it good for you?  I heard it was good for giant bomb, but that it can be a selfish lover.  C/D?  :P
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#8  Edited By citizenkane

Slowly our plan for world domination was falling into place.  Soon we will control all!!!

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By essaregee

World domination is srs bzns. 
    go GB go! 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Hamz

I think it speaks volumes about the pedigree of the Editorial Staff on the site that it has managed to, in just over a year, garner such interest and credibility amongst the industry. They seem to cover what they feel they personally have too or want too cover with their articles and that sits well with me. Too many sites, Destructoid being a prime example, seem to feel the need to cover absolutely everything and anything much like a 24 hour news channel and it just comes off far too sensationalist and provocative for the sake of it. In short too many sites seem to want to cause controversy to gather traffic and interest in their site than actually provide meaningful content for the audience.

While I do enjoy and support Destructoid a big problem with a blog site like that is it lacks any other content for you to enjoy so they fall into the "we must report on every minor rumour and blow it so out of proportion to make it look like it is worthwhile reporting and writing about". As I believe Alex Navarro mention in the Giant Bomb PAX09 Panel, far too many so called video game 'journalists' create editorial content for the sake of gathering 'clicks'. 

When a site produces content on a level that seems credible and not simply for the sake of sensationalism, provocativeness, controversy and all round inflammatory purposes it gathers respect from its audience and peers.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Farley_Lives
    @Hamz said:

" ...They seem to cover what they feel they personally have too or want too cover with their articles and that sits well with me..."

I feel the same way. They can focus there efforts and not have to worry about things that don't really matter to most. it's a beautiful business model really, rather then put together the staff to fit the amount of content they need cover, Giant bomb covers the content that fits the staff. As a result, they can keep a smaller staff that the audience can feel more intimate with. Thus they can keep their employment costs much lower the other sites, but still have the same quality.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those other bitches ain't got shit on us  ;  )

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JakJ

Haven't really noticed. This site still feels like that cozy little place we signed up for in July '08. God, it's getting close to two years since this site's been up in blog form. They grow up so fast.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JakJ
    @Bucketdeth: Those bitches maaan! Now I'm not sayin' they're all golddiggers, but they ain't hangin' with no broke, broke, if you know what I mean.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JakJ: They don't roll da way we do, they can't chill wit the big boys until they learn doze streets, mother fuckas can't be poppin there 9mm's when we got the m16's, ya'll hur?
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake

You can tell that it's garnered quite a lot of attention lately, especially with the sudden increase on new members as of late.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten

I still miss the beginning of the forums, where there were a bunch of good people around who could take jabs at eachother without one of them falling down on their knees and crying. 
    But all good things must come to an end.  
    And Giantbomb is still going strong, which is good

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aeterna

Can't say any people I know talked to me about GB, but that's probably because I tell them to check it out first.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JakJ
    @eroticfishcake: Yeah dude, just noticed that. This place had somewhere around 20 grand at the start of 2009, now it's almost 60.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Evilsbane

I ran the sites info on Quantcast and its showing a monthly number of visits to the site now topping 100K with global traffic.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lashe

As someone who isn't as active during term time (shakes fist) I must say that the site certainly has grown. I remember back when you scrolled to the bottom of the main forums page and at the bottom was a topic with a response a good 1hr + ago. Really can't say that's the case any more, not that I mind. I still love popping back daily for the vids and whatnot, but I tend to overlook the forums 'til a time where I'm either free, or procrastinating. 

The latter of which I happen to be doing right now. 

Back to work!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @JakJ: There's still a lot of old accounts belonging to people who've either stopped coming or to those who've "left" the site. Still, 60 grand's a big number for a relatively new site.
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Th3_James

The only time i talked to my friends about giantbomb is when they saw my giantbomb decal in forza i made

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Linkyshinks

I haven't noticed anything of the sort.

LaZBoySoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LaZBoySoldier

I was a regular reader at Joystiq and somebody posted a link a couple days ago to a video here at Giant Bomb.  I don't know who came up with all of this, but I have been basking in it's glory for the past couple of days.  The site design, forums, articles, and videos are unbelievably well done.  (I don't know who is talking in the background of the Quicklook videos, but they're hilarious).  I even turned off adblock to see what kind of ads they had here and I honestly don't see very many of them, but the ones I have seen (like Dragon Age) I've clicked on. 

Keep up the good work guys!  

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Wildfire570

I'm just glad that they let other people such as Dave with Dragon Age and Drew with Dirt 2 review games too not just the usual Brad, Jeff, and Ryan do all the reviewing. The best part is that every review I've read sounds very legitimate and you understand why they give the game the rating that they chose.

So I too am glad that the site is growing as well, also the forums aren't as annoying as say other game sites.

flyingfruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By flyingfruit
    @Willy105 said:
    " It's growing faster than the other big name sites like IGN and Gamespot did, but it still feels like a small community. "
    thats true.
    to be honest, I like giantbomb as it is now. I like the small community feel, just cause generally people are nicer. 
    i think there is a correlation between number of people on site and number of assholes on site.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArchScabby

Is this the appropriate time to say I love Giantbomb?

Because

I LOVE GIANTBOMB!

InsanePotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By InsanePotato

They've grown quick. They do things differently here. Endurance runs, mail openings, good reviews, the iphone app advertisement..... it all melds into something that works well ;)

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

wow so this forum jus born last year? wow  wow no wonder i never see this forum before.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jmrwacko
    @I_smell said:
     Then he watched a video review of Borderlands n said "I wish they'd stop showing this fat guy and just show the game".
    Honestly, I sometimes tell myself this as well.
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Adamantium

BLAT! BLAT! BLAT!

Long live the Bomb.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By destruktive

when I worked in a game-store 8 months ago, I sent all the people asking for websites to giantbomb.

I also showed giantbomb videos on the 50+ inch tv in the store :) When the boss wasn't watching of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.