Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

modern warfare special additon

soaponarope3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soaponarope3

hey i was wondering, does anybody know the difference between between the vesions special addiition and regular

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By leky1

damn i dint even know there was a special edition lol

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Scieran

From what I know, there hasn't been a announcement of a special edition. I decided not to get this game or even play it because the employees of this companies brain capacity is too small to plan for a sequel with a title that is logical, has relevance to the first. In other words, Infinity Ward is too pro-military and have a bunch of employees which are completely dumb/zeitgeist to even understand what "Preperation is crucial" means. Their first title is named COD4: Modern Warfare and now Modern Warfare 2?. What if I make a game called Bear: Hunter then the sequel Hunter 2.
    They should have named their first modern game Modern Warfare or name their sequel COD4: Modern Warfare 2.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    Scieran said:
    From what I know, there hasn't been a announcement of a special edition. I decided not to get this game ... [more]
    Wait. Let me get this straight: You've decided to not play the sequel to one of the best shooters ever made because you don't really like the name....  Good Luck there mate.
    Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scieran

Not one of the best shooters ever made. If people's capacity is big enough, they'll understand there are better stuff coming in a couple of years. It's not "I don't really like the name", it's more "It's a stupid title" thus, i'm banning it from my life.

There is no such thing as luck. I'd prefer reading a book.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    Scieran said:
    Not one of the best shooters ever made. If people's capacity is big enough, they'll understand there are better stuff ... [more]
    Erm made is past tense and therefore does not include shooters that could be made in 10 years time.  It would be stupid for me to claim that Call of Duty is the best shooter because people like different stuff.  Why do you bring up reading books?  It is possible to do both, I do it all the time.  Look at me, not focusing on one task exclusively.

I just think it's weird that somebody could have such a reaction to a game's name.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZeroCast
    Scieran said:
    Not one of the best shooters ever made. If people's capacity is big enough, they'll understand there are better stuff ... [more]
    Just like judging a book by its cover.Good going man, good going.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I'm pretty sure IW had some justification, they made the "Call of Duty" series. They probably disapprove of how the series is going, thanks to things Activision or Treyarch have done, therefore they want nothing to do with CoD anymore.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'll probably get the special/collectors edition whether it has anything special in it or not.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ket87
    @Scieran said:
    " From what I know, there hasn't been a announcement of a special edition. I decided not to get this game or even play it because the employees of this companies brain capacity is too small to plan for a sequel with a title that is logical, has relevance to the first. In other words, Infinity Ward is too pro-military and have a bunch of employees which are completely dumb/zeitgeist to even understand what "Preperation is crucial" means. Their first title is named COD4: Modern Warfare and now Modern Warfare 2?. What if I make a game called Bear: Hunter then the sequel Hunter 2. They should have named their first modern game Modern Warfare or name their sequel COD4: Modern Warfare 2. "
    You do realize that this one is called Modern Warfare 2 because Infinity Ward had a falling out with Activision over the handling of the Call of Duty franchise and decided that they are no longer going to be making CoD games right? Modern Warfare is now its own franchise independent from Call of Duty which is now going to be handled exclusively by Treyarch unless Activision finds another dev to assist in the destruction of the series.

Infinity Ward left the CoD franchise because they were pissed that Activision had the series on a yearly release schedule (more or less like sports titles). They didn't like the fact that Activision was switching off between them and Treyarch to have a new release every holiday season so they dropped the Call of Duty moniker and decided Modern Warfare was strong enough to be it's own brand.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
    @Ket87: That and he used the word "capacity" in both of his posts. Looks like more book readin is in order.
    grimmspectre18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By grimmspectre18
    @IncredibleBulk92: Well put sir.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ket87
    @Agnogenic

Wow didn't even notice his second one, I can barely even follow it. Maybe on message boards good diction should be included in the Terms of Service. Or there is the possibility that English is not his first language and we're just being dicks, I'm going with the former.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thunder
    @Scieran: wow really your not gonna play a game because you dont like the name. What does reading books have to do with anything?
    Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zajtalan

lol

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By TomA
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " Wait. Let me get this straight: You've decided to not play the sequel to one of the best shooters ever made because you don't really like the name....  Good Luck there mate. "
    The word "best" is a relative term. I hate it when people decalre something "the best thing ever". There's no such thing as best, just your personal favorite.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ket87
    @TomA said:
    "
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " Wait. Let me get this straight: You've decided to not play the sequel to one of the best shooters ever made because you don't really like the name....  Good Luck there mate. "
    The word "best" is a relative term. I hate it when people decalre something "the best thing ever". There's no such thing as best, just your personal favorite. "
    Well he did say "one of the best" not the best. After the critical acclaim CoD4 has received and it's astounding financial success it is practically confirmed truth that it is "one of the best" shooters thus far. Its not the best as the best is a very relative term yes. But saying CoD4 was up there among the greats is just giving credit where credit is due. You cannot deny that it was one of the highest rated shooters made and one of the best selling video games of 2007. So yes I would say that qualifies it as "one of the best". Liking it or not liking is where it becomes a matter of preference.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    @TomA: I agree completely with what you've said and as Ket87 pointed out I did carefully add the disclaimer "one of".  For the record I actually think that Call of Duty 4 is the best shooter I've ever played, but that's not what this thread is about.
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By MrPerfect

I have not heard about a special edition version of it yet. 

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By T0mF5
    @MrPerfect said:
    "I have not heard about a special edition version of it yet.  "

Gamespot and some other websites have a collectors edition for preorder for $80.
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By MrPerfect
    @T0mF5 said:
    "
    @MrPerfect said:
    "I have not heard about a special edition version of it yet.  "
    Gamespot and some other websites have a collectors edition for preorder for $80. "
    Does it list the contents of it ?
    Aiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aiden

Gamespot had an extended stage demo of MW2 with 2 guys from Infinity Ward. The guy doing the talking (fourzerotwo?) said there's a sweet special edition planned, but PR guys won't let them tell you what's contained yet. Keep an eye on the official sites for an unboxing type video in the future though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.