Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

MW2 Beta?

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SUBL1ME

This whole situation has me terribly confused, I had previously checked with InfinityWard.com and they have a message posted saying the final word on a MW2 Beta is that there won't be one and they don't plan on having one. Thing is though is that earlier today I received an actual game invite over Live for that exact thing. It was an official XBL invite message not a PM that said so and so wants to play Modern Warfare 2 Beta through the Call of Duty WaW Portal. But when I checked back on IW's site they're still saying there is not Beta. So uh anyone know what the heck is going on with this game. Is there a Beta or isn't there?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vitor

Interesting... sounds like a possible leak to me if that's the case but IW have been pretty adamant that it was not an option

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SUBL1ME

I don't understand why there wouldn't be a Beta, the last two CoDs have had Betas and the Betas probably boosted sales if anything. Besides the need for debugging and balancing. Even Infinity Ward shouldn't be confident that the game is just going to hit the shelves perfectly fine tuned from in house testing.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lashe

IW are so good they don't need no Beta any more, son. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
    deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

lol someone sent you a game invite from WaW and edited the text to say MW2 beta, there isn't one

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gizmo
    @Joe said:

" lol someone sent you a game invite from WaW and edited the text to say MW2 beta, there isn't one "

It was an official XBL invite message not a PM that said so and so wants to play Modern Warfare 2 Beta through the Call of Duty WaW Portal.

L2READ
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

even if theres a beta i dont wanna try it and i can wait for the complete pure awesomeness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
    deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gizmo said:

" @Joe said:

" lol someone sent you a game invite from WaW and edited the text to say MW2 beta, there isn't one "

It was an official XBL invite message not a PM that said so and so wants to play Modern Warfare 2 Beta through the Call of Duty WaW Portal.    L2READ "
    L2NOTBEADUMBASS If you go to the create a message section whilst you are playing WaW and choose to send a game invite you can edit the text

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By raynate2022

Plus..think about it..WaW was made by Treyarch..not IW :)

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@SUBL1ME said:
    " I don't understand why there wouldn't be a Beta, the last two CoDs have had Betas and the Betas probably boosted sales if anything. Besides the need for debugging and balancing. Even Infinity Ward shouldn't be confident that the game is just going to hit the shelves perfectly fine tuned from in house testing. "
    I'm not sure either. =/

The beta topic I saw on IW's forums, said that they would continue to do a test amongst IW (duh) and if they felt that it was necessary, they would extend it to throughout Activision and it's affiliates. And only if they felt it was absolutely pertinent would they extend it to the mainstream. Maybe it is just confidence, or maybe they just want people to be blown away, and so they're not letting them play before. 

Like I said, I'm not sure, but I wish there was one. ;___;
    iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By iiNF3RNo
    SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SUBL1ME
    @iiNF3RNo said:

" this is from Robert Bowling community manager at IW 
    Final word on MW2 beta rumors  he says there is no plans for a public beta "

Yeah I know, I mentioned his sticky in my first post. 

@Joe said:

" @Gizmo said:

" @Joe said:

It was an official XBL invite message not a PM that said so and so wants to play Modern Warfare 2 Beta through the Call of Duty WaW Portal.    L2READ "
    L2NOTBEADUMBASS If you go to the create a message section whilst you are playing WaW and choose to send a game invite you can edit the text

"
    That was really uncalled for, this isn't the GameSpot forums. No need to be a raving douche.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

MW2 is running on essentially the same engine with probably nearly identical netcode. From a technical point of view, there's really no need for anything more than a private closed beta just to work on balancing the weapons/perks (which could probably pretty easily be tuned post-release if issues arise anyway). From a marketing point of view, Activision could probably have a marketing budget of $0.00 and still have the biggest selling game of the holiday season...no need for a public beta to build hype.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Druminator

Plus MW2 is suppose to have some new system built in that automatically updates the game so you don't ever have to download a title update so with this I'm sure they can fix any bugs that pop up rather quickly. I guess.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Milkman
    @SUBL1ME: Except...he's right?
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By PerryVandell
    @SUBL1ME: No beta... sadly....
    chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chmod

Infinity Ward doesn't need a beta. They are simply that good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.