Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

New multiplayer options

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BigBoss1911

It would be cool if you could turn on little things like paintball in MW2's multiplayer.

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Double0hFor

that would bring back memories from Goldeneye 007 for the N64 aha and maybe like a fugitive scenario for player matches and not ranked

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By crunchUK

It would be cool if it were less terrible than Call of duty 4

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BigBoss1911
    crunchUK said:
    "It would be cool if it were less terrible than Call of duty 4"
    Id give you a flame shield but mines geting repaired.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By toowalrus

WaW is a fine game. Not everyone has Jeff's weird hatred for WWII games.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gizmo
    TooWalrus said:
    "WaW is a fine game. Not everyone has Jeff's weird hatred for WWII games. "
    I have Jeff''s weird hatred for WWII games.
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Bass
    Gizmo said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    I have Jeff''s weird hatred for WWII games."
    As do I.
    8xBiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By 8xBiT
    Bass said:
    "Gizmo said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    I have Jeff''s weird hatred for WWII games."
    As do I. "
    3rd'd and Im hoping for clan support, and that fugitive mode sounds really cool.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By JoelTGM

Yeah I'd like more customization.  Halo and Killzone let you setup the game however you want, but COD4 really doesn't let you do anything because of it's matchmaking.  It'd be cool to make for-fun unranked servers or private servers where you could enable cheats.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    TooWalrus said:
    Who said anything about WaW?? lol kind of random.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'd like to see maps that are far less linear. You know? 'Cus on a COD4 map, if you hear a sniper rifle shot, you know exactly where it came from. Each map had two routes, and everyone would go down those routes. It was way too simple. I'd love to see a change to this, as well as making the maps bigger.

Also, I'd love to see the following:

• GET RID OF JUGGERNAUT AND MARTYRDOM FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
    • I'd like to see new perks
    • More customization options for weapons
    • Multiplayer achievements
    • Fix the g'damn respawn system. 'Cus you know something's wrong when you're killed by one wave of an airstrike, respawn, and then get killed by another wave of the same airstrike. That shit's fucked up.
    • Speaking of kill rewards, the helicopter needs to stop being the end-all-be-all. It pulls off shots from impossible angles and can see through walls. That's just wrong!

Yup.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
    Jolly_Lolly said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    Who said anything about WaW?? lol kind of random."
    Ha, I read the post that said:

And I amused that this was a thread about WaW, my mistake, HA!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus
    BiggerBomb said:
    "I'd like to see maps that are far less linear. You know? 'Cus on a COD4 map, if you hear a sniper rifle shot, you know exactly where it came from. Each map had two routes, and everyone would go down those routes. It was way too simple. I'd love to see a change to this, as well as making the maps bigger.

• Fix the g'damn respawn system. 'Cus you know something's wrong when you're killed by one wave of an airstrike, respawn, and then get killed by another wave of the same airstrike. That shit's fucked up.
    • Speaking of kill rewards, the helicopter needs to stop being the end-all-be-all. It pulls off shots from impossible angles and can shoot through walls. That's just wrong!

Yup.

"
    I like Martydom, really. I don't want mulit-player achievements though. It could turn into a Gears situation where everyone uses the damn sniper rifle for the points... Although, no one would be fighting over the one spawned sniper, so it might be OK.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoelTGM
    BiggerBomb said:
    "I'd like to see maps that are far less linear. You know? 'Cus on a COD4 map, if you hear a sniper rifle shot, you know exactly where it came from. Each map had two routes, and everyone would go down those routes. It was way too simple. I'd love to see a change to this, as well as making the maps bigger.

• Speaking of kill rewards, the helicopter needs to stop being the end-all-be-all. It pulls off shots from impossible angles and can shoot through walls. That's just wrong!

Yup.

"

This.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
    TooWalrus said:
    he gave it 4/5 ya douchebag. 
    PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerSerj
    BiggerBomb said:

Yup.

"
    • I don't mind Juggernaut at all, though I do mind Martyrdom. A lot.
    • It's a given that there are going to be new perks, it being a new game and all.
    • With perks, I don't think more customization is needed. At least not mechanically. I'm all for deeper visual customization, though.
    • I never played a console version, so no comment.
    • Again, I played the PC version and with mods and everything spawn protection can (will) be implemented.
    • The helicopter Is only a problem if you're playing with a bunch of tards. Sadly, chances are high that the majority of your team is brain-dead.

What I want to see is the ability to map melee and hold breath to the same button. There's absolutely no reason for that to not be implemented.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
    PowerSerj said:
    "
    • With perks, I don't think more customization is needed. At least not mechanically. I'm all for deeper visual customization, though.
    I would argue that they need to focus way less on perks and way more on weapon attachments. There weren't nearly enough options for scopes and other things in CoD4. Strip down useless and unbalanced shit (martyrdom, eavesdrop, etc.), make the perks bare-minimum, and put the spotlight on weapon choice. That, and expand the weapon options to about 50 guns. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "BiggerBomb said:

Yup.

"
    This."
    no, if they get rid of juggernaut then they have to get rid of stopping power. i think they just need to change both though. change stopping power into armor piecing rounds and juggernaut into armor but still leaving head arms and legs just as weak. 
    but you all know this is something that isn't going to change at all. 

The spawning is good in cod4 dude, its codwaw thats totally fucked up. 

Yeah i think the helicopter is dumb sometimes... maybe they can change it so that you can get air support in a specific area only or perhaps just make it so it sprays bullets, they make it like a fucking sniper flying around and that breaks the balance of the game. 
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_
    TwoOneFive said:
    "

"
    The spawning in CoD4 is pretty bad, the spawning in CoDWaW is just totally fucked up. Infinity Ward has a long way to go in terms of level design before they can earn anything close to "good" spawning ratings.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gizmo
    Jayge said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "

"
    The spawning in CoD4 is pretty bad, the spawning in CoDWaW is just totally fucked up. Infinity Ward has a long way to go in terms of level design before they can earn anything close to "good" spawning ratings.
    "
    Bungie has good spawning ratings.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jayge_
    Gizmo said:
    "Jayge said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "

"
    "
    Bungie has good spawning ratings."
    Bungie makes games with spawn protection along with their relatively well-placed spawns. Something you would hope would be standard by now.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Jayge said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "

"
    "
    i agree, when a game like Socom Confrontation had much better map designs that cod4, somethings wrong (or not, because socom absolutely demands well designed maps). hopefully they checked out Killzone 2's excellent maps. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Jayge said:
    "Gizmo said:
    "Jayge said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "

"
    "
    Bungie has good spawning ratings."
    Bungie makes games with spawn protection along with their relatively well-placed spawns. Something you would hope would be standard by now.
    "
    yea killzone 2 does the same thing. you can plant your own spawn points, and the game still manages to keep you out of sight as long as the spawn point isn't right in the middle of a crucial point. 
    Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
    crunchUK said:
    Lmao. Crunch, you're a joke. Hating on me for disliking Forza, and here you are starting something over CoD. Tsk tsk.
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fosssil

I'd like to see less re-hashed campaign levels being used as multiplayer maps. Don't get me wrong, there are some decent maps that were ripped straight from the campaign (Strike and Backlot come to mind), but most of them are absolute garbage (Wet Work, Bloc, Bog, Countdown, Crossfire, and Ambush are all pretty bad). They're terrible -- they promote camping, stagnant gameplay, and spawn traps -- due to the fact that they were designed for a completely linear style of gameplay, yet are being applied to a multiplayer setting (where fluidity of player movement and multiple routes for flanking/escape are essential for balanced gameplay). On the flip side, the two best maps in the game (Crash and Overgrown) were original creations that were built specifically for multiplayer, so they feature many more movement options for the player, and flow much better as a result.

Also, Create-A-Class on LAN would be nice.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayge_
    Fosssil said:
    "I'd like to see less re-hashed campaign levels being used as multiplayer maps. Don't get me wrong, there are some decent maps that were ripped straight from the campaign (Strike and Backlot come to mind), but most of them are absolute garbage (Wet Work, Bloc, Bog, Countdown, Crossfire, and Ambush are all pretty bad). They're terrible -- they promote camping, stagnant gameplay, and spawn traps -- due to the fact that they were designed for a completely linear style of gameplay, yet are being applied to a multiplayer setting (where fluidity of player movement and multiple routes for flanking/escape are essential for balanced gameplay). On the flip side, the two best maps in the game (Crash and Overgrown) were original creations that were built specifically for multiplayer, so they feature many more movement options for the player, and flow much better as a result.Also, Create-A-Class on LAN would be nice."
    Countdown is one of the worst maps I've ever played. It reminds me of a terribly set-up speedball field. Wet Work is incredibly sad, because a cargo ship map could have been epic. Ah well.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By mikemcn

Ive seen that paintball mod and i think that would be a fun diversion for this game. But adding such an un serious element could ruin the mood and then it would be like an Infinity ward version of zombie mode from COD5.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pie

A heck of a lot more customazation options.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunarbunny

I figure the helicopters should have pilots and gunners and high-power weapons (7.62mm and greater, even though realistically it should be armored against that, and maybe a one-shot from anything .50) should be able to take him out with a well-placed shot or three.

I'd like to see a map like Creek except better balanced and at least three times as big (this might not work for lower max player caps on consoles). Probably with more distinct shadows like the Chernobyl/Pripyat maps that break up still sniper silhouettes better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crunchUK said:
    I dislike Cod4, but man your Bungie's bitch arn't you? I`m pretty sure your hired to make other FPS games look bad.
    JBomb018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By JBomb018
    Check out this short list of ideas & suggestions for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2! Get your ideas heard! http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=62248718804&topic=8144
    N2NOther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By N2NOther

The best way to improve MP in COD is a lobby system like Rainbow Six. Where you have a host set up a room and can control who's in the room. You can kick out players without mics first and foremost because they ruin the game more than anyone else. It's a team based game where communication is key. Instead you have no mic using lone wolves who only care about kills. Which is fine in TDM but terrible for the objective games like Domination, Sabotage and Headquaters.

You can also kick players that go 1-30. No matter how good YOU are, if someone on your team is that terrible, you're not going to do well. Sorry, but I play the game for MY fun and MY fun is ruined when I have to spend the time avoiding airstrikes and choppers because someone on the team can't master the fundamental task of not only not dying, but getting kills.

This also leads back to communication. If people are getting picked off they should tell the team where this is happening. So someone else can take care of it.

Then you have the retards that either don't understand HOW to play and objective game or just don't care. Either way, they do nothing good for the team.

This would also eliminate the automatic loss one receives because they joined a losing game in progress or one that ends immediately with a loss. I can't tell you how many times I've joined games where the score on Domination was 150-190 to 50 and of course I joined the losing team. Thanks IW for handing me a loss I had zero to do with.

With host made games this problem is over. There needs to be more control handed to the players and less to a TERRIBLE match-making system.

Also, I think AIRSTRIKES shouldn't shake the teams camera. Just like stuns and flashbangs don't effect the team, the same should go for airstrikes.

As for Martyrdom: What's the problem? I rarely die from it because I don't rush in after I kill someone. I've trained myself to sit back and wait for it to blow up before I rush in. I use it and I laugh when people die from it because they were stupid enough to rush in. Good stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.