Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

One man army + grenade launchers= new ultra class?

• 82 results
    evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By evanbrau

Have seen a few people doing this recently, I'll let this guy explain what it is and show of how devastating it can be:

Basically the this combo of perks and grenade launcher results in you potentially having infinite grenades. I played a bit with this yesterday myself after seeing this video and as I got better with using the grenade launcher got scores way beyond anything I've gotten from playing normally. I've stopped using it now and have gone back to playing my normal way.

Just thought I'd point this out if people hadn't seen or noticed this happening yet.

Jiquk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jiquk

The guy in the video is annoying as shit but i agree this is a problem.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evanbrau
    @Jiquk:  lol yeah his videos are good and he has great advice but he is ridiculously annoying. I think it also has to be pointed out that the majority of his kills come from locking the team into the spawn with chopper gunner but the custom class he was using definitely contributed.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Novyx

No public beta required, eh?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Drebin_893
    @Novyx said:
    " No public beta required, eh? "
    Boom.
    Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Oriental_Jams

He makes the fix a little more complex than it needs to be. Just don't let them switch to another one man army class.

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By r0k1ll

Exploit it before it's patched. I hope it does get patched soon beacause this morning, I had the shittiest K/d ive ever had, like 2 and 30

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lowbrow

If any of you were looking to get that nuke challenge, you have around 72 hours before it gets patched out lol.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evanbrau
    @Oriental_Jams:  This is a little problematic because once you hit one man army pro the time needed to change classes dramatically decreases.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark_Jon

Yeah, I've seen stuff like this before. One man army is broken.

w34ky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By w34ky

i play search so this class doesnt really bother me much.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hicks91

it isnt that powerful 

tried it a few times but it isnt game breaking you still need skill to pull it off

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Daryl

I don't think COD MP will ever be balanced. 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hamz

All these glitches in MW2 are a brilliant example of why online games tend to hold public betas so day one glitches like the javelin and so forth can all be ironed out through patches early after the games release. The fact IW had the audacity to state PC gamers cheating and hacking profiles ruins the game when content they themselves created and should have thoroughly tested is ruining it tenfold more is astounding. These are game breaking bugs and glitches and it seems like as MW2 grows older more bugs are cropping up and yet IW is becoming quieter and quieter.

I expected more from IW, I really did.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @Hamz: Quite well said.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By apathylad

There's already a workaround to bypass the 1887 Model patch, and there's the Care Package Speed Glitch, which works well in the knifing class.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Ive done the care package glitch. Its awesome lol.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#18  Edited By citizenkane

I haven't played Modern Warfare 2 in a little while, but I hate everything dealing with grenade spammers.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By emkeighcameron

Oh man that made me laugh. This guy is so annoying it's awesome.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Apathylad:@JoeRiccadonna: But how is it a glitch?  I'm pretty sure something like that is intentional, and when you use it it's not as if you have anything else to defend yourself with except for the knife.  I don't think that's problematic.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Old Ultra class more like.

I used to use this setup the second day after the game came out! I found One Man Army was one of the best perk for getting nukes legitimately.

Unlimited Grenades and Claymores, what more could you want?

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Apathylad:@JoeRiccadonna: But how is it a glitch?  I'm pretty sure something like that is intentional, and when you use it it's not as if you have anything else to defend yourself with except for the knife.  I don't think that's problematic. "

I don't know if a glitch. People called it in a glitch so I went with it. But I do know its fun.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By clubsandwich

wow this is sweet! thanks brah. :D

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By apathylad

I tried the One Man Army thing, but I wasn't too good with it. It seems to work best either randomly shooting grenades from a distance or while camping with me.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The inbred bastard speaks the truth... but there will always be exploits in games. Not too worried about it.
    sup909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#26  Edited By sup909

I wonder if this is why I have been experiencing so many recent games with grenade fests.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27  Edited By natetodamax

People ask me why I refuse to play this game online now. This is why.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

Can't you do exactly the same thing with Scavenger and Danger Close? Why is One Man Army so Important?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Hamz said:
    " All these glitches in MW2 are a brilliant example of why online games tend to hold public betas so day one glitches like the javelin and so forth can all be ironed out through patches early after the games release. The fact IW had the audacity to state PC gamers cheating and hacking profiles ruins the game when content they themselves created and should have thoroughly tested is ruining it tenfold more is astounding. These are game breaking bugs and glitches and it seems like as MW2 grows older more bugs are cropping up and yet IW is becoming quieter and quieter. I expected more from IW, I really did. "
    Moreover it's really telling of Activison pushing them to release the product and IWnet despite neither having had proper technical and market reaction testing.  I expected nothing less from Activision, I really didn't.
    NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks
    @Hamz said:
    "  I expected more from IW, I really did. "

Quite literally took the words out of my mouth there .
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rowr

I love the way this game is talked about like a sport, and everyone freaks the fuck out everytime something like this is discovered.

Its a video game, chill the fuck out.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By immike
    @Novyx said:
    " No public beta required, eh? "
    I couldn't defend IW against that statement even if I wanted to or tried. They were not thinking correctly when they didn't wanna make a public beta...
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Rowr said:

" I love the way this game is talked about like a sport, and everyone freaks the fuck out everytime something like this is discovered. Its a video game, chill the fuck out. "

When a game is rushed to release and it's main longevity feature, multiplayer, is untested along with a whole new matchmaking interface which denies the use of mods and privater servers, IWnet, which also presents issues you can be sure that these issues could have been negated and avoided with some public beta testing.  That IW and Activision saw fit to skip this valuable process indicates that they see their customers as beta testers to some degree.  That's just plain insulting and has nothing whatsoever to do with people freaking out.  It has to do with lack of respect for your own product and the customers who purchase it.
    Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

threads like this is proof that MW2 shouldn't have gotten any GOTY awards, just cause it says MW on it don't mean its good

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By immike
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:

" I love the way this game is talked about like a sport, and everyone freaks the fuck out everytime something like this is discovered. Its a video game, chill the fuck out. "

When a game is rushed to release and it's main longevity feature, multiplayer, is untested along with a whole new matchmaking interface which denies the use of mods and privater servers, IWnet, which also presents issues you can be sure that these issues could have been negated and avoided with some public beta testing.  That IW and Activision saw fit to skip this valuable process indicates that they see their customers as beta testers to some degree.  That's just plain insulting and has nothing whatsoever to do with people freaking out.  It has to do with lack of respect for your own product and the customers who purchase it. "
    I fully agree with this statement. Good job.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By guiseppe

I don't play it anymore, but that does need to be fixed.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By evanbrau
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill:  It has its problems but I don't think its a bad game. Almost everything has glitches and exploits in it. Another forum I frequent had a griefing thread where they discovered numerous exploits in both Team Fortress 2 (the flare glitch and the flying intel glitch) and Left 4 Dead (playing different character audio cues linked to the appearance of the horde or to events not on the map thus crashing the server).

An open beta would've been a great idea but I think a large amount of blame for it not appearing can be placed on Activision, they wanted this game out and didn't want to take a risk on it not being out. I'm still having a blast playing MW2 and to be honest haven't encountered one man army grenadiers since I posted this topic. I'm in two minds as to whether it should be changed since it still needs a good deal of skill to play effectively with a grenade launcher.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rowr
    @immike said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:

When a game is rushed to release and it's main longevity feature, multiplayer, is untested along with a whole new matchmaking interface which denies the use of mods and privater servers, IWnet, which also presents issues you can be sure that these issues could have been negated and avoided with some public beta testing.  That IW and Activision saw fit to skip this valuable process indicates that they see their customers as beta testers to some degree.  That's just plain insulting and has nothing whatsoever to do with people freaking out.  It has to do with lack of respect for your own product and the customers who purchase it. "
    I fully agree with this statement. Good job. "
    Heres an idea.

Dont play it? I think your freaking out, just a little.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't understand the feeling of entitlement that gamers have these days. If you don't like the game, show it by not playing it. That's the only way IW will give a crap, otherwise what's the point? They can take all the hate they get because they have the most played game. IW don't owe you anything, It doesn't say on the back of the game box that the multiplayer is the most balanced and non glitchy ever. People will always find glitches and loopholes and that's that. Sure IW screwed up with the multiplayer, but they have no responsibility to fix it. If the dumbass in the video or anyone else bitching about it hates it so much they should stop playing it. I have, and until there is a major patch which I highly doubt there will be I will probably play very little more of multiplayer.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Rowr said:
    " @immike said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:

Heres an idea.  Dont play it? I think your freaking out, just a little. "
    What you think and what's really happening are two entirely disparate realities.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh my god, that's insane. That's absolutely insane.  

How haven't I seen this yet though?  

God this totally fucks up my spray n' pray, run n' gun style. I reaaally hope this doesn't catch on too hard, but... yeah this is the internet, and that's a fool's hope. 

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By Lies
    @Ferros said:
    " Can't you do exactly the same thing with Scavenger and Danger Close? Why is One Man Army so Important? "
    Scavenger requires map movement, OMA lets you restock without ever having to leave safety.

This class isn't news to me though, I've been using it ever since I unlocked OMA. Great way to score nukes, especially on domination.
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By TomA

Infinity Ward knows the glitches and cheap tricks like commando and tac knife are there. the reason imo why they are being so quiet, and not doing shit to fix the bugs, is because it keeps people playing. Alot of people complain about the glitches, but that number comes NOWHERE near to the number of people who use these glitches and cheap tactics at will, and don't give it 2 seconds thought, they only want to win. Infinity Ward needs to apoligize openly for what they're done, and while they're at it, fire that fucker Robert Bowling.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Lies said:
    " @Ferros said:
    " Can't you do exactly the same thing with Scavenger and Danger Close? Why is One Man Army so Important? "
    Scavenger requires map movement, OMA lets you restock without ever having to leave safety.  This class isn't news to me though, I've been using it ever since I unlocked OMA. Great way to score nukes, especially on domination. "
    I need to unlock it so I can try it out for myself. I want a nuke!
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rowr
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @immike said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:

What you think and what's really happening are two entirely disparate realities. "
    I think reality is what you need to sync up with. This is a video game, nothing more. If you have issues with it or the people who made it, dont play it. You seem overly invested.
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By immike
    @Rowr: I'm not sure why everyone is quoting me saying that I am out of touch with reality lol. I simply stated my opinion on another individual's opinion. You guys are being a little weird lol. I didn't express any direct hatred towards the game at all.
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stephengotlost

It takes around 3 seconds to replenish ammo after firing the grenades and the player doesn't get a secondary weapon. The more useful things you can find out to do with perks, the more power to you.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By Red

I really don't get why people find it so much fun to gang up on MW2. These aren't glitches, they just thrive when playing against complete and utter idiots. Each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Ground war maps are also always packed, which makes grenade damage extra useful. It isn't cheap, it's just because grenades are best against multiple enemies. 

A guy with a grenade launcher isn't the end of the freaking world.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Rowr said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:
    " @immike said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @Rowr said:

What you think and what's really happening are two entirely disparate realities. "
    I think reality is what you need to sync up with. This is a video game, nothing more. If you have issues with it or the people who made it, dont play it. You seem overly invested. "
    Every time you respond in this manner you make it clear that you are the one who seems deeply invested in this game.  I made an observation and I don't think it was directed at you, nor did it involve you.  If you don't agree with my point of view I'm ok with that so just leave it at that.
    HerpDurpHonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HerpDurpHonk

new ultra class? no, it's been around since the game was released

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.