Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Modern Warfare

Franchise »

The Modern Warfare franchise includes some of the most popular first person shooters of all time.

Is Modern Warfare 3 still happening?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

I'm just curious because most of Infinity Ward is practically gone. Would Activision find talent to replace the original people? Meaning are they going to find people just as good.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ch13696
    @SpiralStairs: Seriously? I mean really? That has nothing to do with my discussion. This really pisses me off that your trolling my threads that have nothing to do with that band.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

I imagine it's very much in the air. With the disputes between respawn entertainment and activision over who owns the MW IP. the original developers looking to do other things. EA is also involved. Frankly i think if anyone announced MW3 it would just devolve into lawsuits.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB
    I'm assuming they'll hand it off to Treyarch with whatever employees are left being absorbed into things, but I don't think anything is known right now. 

@jadeskye said: 

" I imagine it's very much in the air. With the disputes between respawn entertainment and activision over who owns the MW IP. the original developers looking to do other things. EA is also involved. Frankly i think if anyone announced MW3 it would just devolve into lawsuits. "

The funny thing about that is that Respawn surely wouldn't win such a case, but with financial/legal backing from EA (who would be happy to screw over their biggest competitor), they'd be able to drag out a case long enough for it to seriously hurt Activision, who I don't think would be legally able to make another game with the Modern Warfare title until things were settled. Then again, I'm certainly no legal expert... 
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @ch13696: GORGUTS "
    @ch13696 said:
    " @SpiralStairs: Seriously? I mean really? That has nothing to do with my discussion. This really pisses me off that your trolling my threads that have nothing to do with that band. "
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @ch13696: GORGUTS "

LOL... 

anyway. i sort of hope not. not a fan of the second and with the original people elsewhere, i don't see it even really being more than carbon copied poopy with new fools name's attached. 
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ch13696
    @AndrewB said:
    " I'm assuming they'll hand it off to Treyarch with whatever employees are left being absorbed into things, but I don't think anything is known right now. "
    So Treyarch will be handling Call of Duty every year? That's insane. People will quit and the game will turn to crap.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
    deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt MW3 is going to be happening, but if Treyarch does great on Black Ops, which it is looking like it, then I don't see why activision wouldn't hand over the productions to them. The only thing I wish treyarch would do is work on their level design for multiplayer. They did great on the zombie maps, but regular multiplayer maps were lacking.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ArchScabby

Probably not.  Activision never struck me as the kind of company that likes money.  They seem more the type of company to focus on innovation, and creativity.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scarace360

Its activision they will put it out no matter what. Thats there bread and butter.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By WickedCestus

If they don't win the MW license, they'll just make Call of Duty: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 2.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Brunchies

Probably, they'll just hand it over to treyarch and the rest of infinity ward will probably join treyarch.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ch13696
    @ArchScabby said:
    " Probably not.  Activision never struck me as the kind of company that likes money.  They seem more the type of company to focus on innovation, and creativity. "
    Lol I get it. It's sarcasm because Activisions CEO loves money. Lol so funny.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB
    @ch13696 said:
    " @AndrewB said:
    " I'm assuming they'll hand it off to Treyarch with whatever employees are left being absorbed into things, but I don't think anything is known right now. "
    So Treyarch will be handling Call of Duty every year? That's insane. People will quit and the game will turn to crap. "
    Treyarch is the senior Call of Duty development team, with Infinity Ward in shambles and incomplete. Who better to do the next major game in the series if not them? I don't think their every year strategy will continue unless they find another studio to do the "off year" Call of Duty game, but I think they're already doing that spinoff game with a third developer, so maybe they'll pick up the reins. 
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jadeskye
    @AndrewB said:
    " I'm assuming they'll hand it off to Treyarch with whatever employees are left being absorbed into things, but I don't think anything is known right now. 

@jadeskye said: 

" I imagine it's very much in the air. With the disputes between respawn entertainment and activision over who owns the MW IP. the original developers looking to do other things. EA is also involved. Frankly i think if anyone announced MW3 it would just devolve into lawsuits. "

The funny thing about that is that Respawn surely wouldn't win such a case, but with financial/legal backing from EA (who would be happy to screw over their biggest competitor), they'd be able to drag out a case long enough for it to seriously hurt Activision, who I don't think would be legally able to make another game with the Modern Warfare title until things were settled. Then again, I'm certainly no legal expert...  "
    i agree with everything you just said. i don't think they would win the case but Ea have made it clear that they will throw blank cheques at respawn if they so much as sneeze.
    blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By blazerx9x
    @ch13696: meh, trolls, their everywhere on the internet, pay no mind to them. And as for your question, well, it would be nice to see one, but I don`t imagine seeing one, or, at least not anytime soon.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By CL60

I'm going to assume Treyarch is going to take over the entire COD franchise.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By kenzo287

yes of course they're making it. they had to reveal its existence the moment their lawsuit came up. infinity ward isn't dead they just lost everyone that matters left so there were be a modern warfare 3 and more likely than not we'll see it next fall unless they have even a little quality control and realize that this new team cannot possibly make a game on par with previous CoD games without more time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.