Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

First update using the MNC Live Update System

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    So apparently Uber is totally going to keep supporting MNC.   

-Time between Crossfire matches changed from 60 to 45 seconds
    -minimum number of players needed to start Crossfire changed from 8 to 6
    -custom bot spawner timer changed from 5 to 10 seconds.
    -changed message of the day.    

Kind of surprised they didn't tweak any of the classes. At least there won't be anymore Gremlin or Gapshot spam.

Now all we need a damn networking patch.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

At least there updating it. But i wonder for how long?

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By C0V3RT

I'll call it "still supporting" when they release new arenas. 

My thoughts: 

1 - Good 
    2 - Has never been an issue, so whatever 
    3 - No more gapshot spam! 
    4 - Meh. 

The more I play the less I think the classes need tweaking.  People have gotten better.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @C0V3RT: I don't think the classes need any sweeping changes, but I think the game would be better overall if a few values were tweaked just slightly.
    Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Mighty

Did they fix the Jackbot overhealing?
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @Empirepaintball: No. 

I would assume that will require a patch.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Damien

Idk if Uber can or wants to do this, but they need to fix supports earning juice by healing each other.  The other day I went against a team with two medics.  They overhealed each other until they got juiced, then ran to our base, hacked the two rockit turrets on one side, and then planted their firebases right against the moneyball.  The game was over in 2 minutes.  It was bullshit.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By infininja
    @Damien said:

" Idk if Uber can or wants to do this, but they need to fix supports earning juice by healing each other.  The other day I went against a team with two medics.  They overhealed each other until they got juiced, then ran to our base, hacked the two rockit turrets on one side, and then planted their firebases right against the moneyball.  The game was over in 2 minutes.  It was bullshit. "

Supports can get juice by healing anyone. ?

Maybe they could make it so the overcharge doesn't drain as long as a support is healing someone, that way they can't continually get juice as it drains and they fill it up again. They'd at least have to work at it by waiting for it to drain someone and then reconnecting the stream.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Damien
    @Infininja: Yeh but with only one support, they can't do the strategy I wrote about.  And don't eliminate juice entirely when healing another support, but lower the rate, at least.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By infininja
    @Damien: I guess my point was yes they could do the strategy. They could just heal somebody else.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Damien
    @Infininja: I didn't see your edit.  To that I respond, that would only lead to perpetually overhealed gunners and tanks, which would be even more unbalanced.  What they should do is not allow juice to be earned by a support via overhealing a player more than once, unless the player getting healed is taking damage from enemies.  But idk, if Uber can change that through the live updates.

To your second reply, yeh only one support can do that but then it becomes significantly easier to take it out.  One less hacked turret, one less firebase in the base "spawn camping", not being continuously healed by the other support.  See what I'm saying?
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By infininja
    @Damien:  It wouldn't lead to perpetually overhealed gunners at all.  Currently, I believe, the overcharge still drains even while the support is healing a player.  Effectively the player has a constant full overcharge as long as the heal gun is still attached to them, but the support player keeps getting juice because technically the overcharge is draining by a small increment and then immediately getting charged again by the support player.  My proposal (if it really is a problem with supports getting too much juice) is to have the overcharge not drain only when the support is still healing the player and the player is not taking damage.  The overcharge would drain, as normal, as soon as the support stopped healing.  It would not drain as long as he was healing (they would still get hurt like normal though).  This means the support wouldn't get any juice for healing an overcharge player as long as that player wasn't getting hurt.  Functionally, the game would work exactly the same minus giving supports some juice. 

If I need to explain it better tell me.  It's actually pretty similar to what you said, but they could still get juice by overhealing a player more than once, as long as they stop healing the player, wait for it to drain, and then start again.

On the second point. My point was removing supports being able to get juice from each other wouldn't change the strategy at all, besides being able to sit in the safe zone. So yes, there could still be two supports with juice with two firebases and two hacked turrets in the base, they'd just have to heal other players to earn it. Maybe that's more fair, I'm not sure.
    Videogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Videogames

They should patch the announcer to just say BUILD TURRETS over and over again throughout the entire match.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By infininja
    @Tastyburger8 said:
    " They should patch the announcer to just say BUILD TURRETS over and over again throughout the entire match. "
    But then I couldn't win any more by taking out the two measly default rocket turrets at the enemy base!
    lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By lclay

They should patch the game to get rid of snipers. Snipers are all arseholes and cowards.  

Also patch the gunner's mortar to make it vaguely useful.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By infininja

The gunner's mortar is the best thing to take out turrets with.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Damien said:
    " Idk if Uber can or wants to do this, but they need to fix supports earning juice by healing each other.  The other day I went against a team with two medics.  They overhealed each other until they got juiced, then ran to our base, hacked the two rockit turrets on one side, and then planted their firebases right against the moneyball.  The game was over in 2 minutes.  It was bullshit. "
    thats fucking stupid
    lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lclay
    @Infininja said:

" The gunner's mortar is the best thing to take out turrets with. "

Oh man thank you for opening my eyes! 

I remember trying it out when I first got the game and deciding it wasn't nearly as effective at mowing down hordes of my enemies as the minigun(s) (which is isn't) and to never use it again but I tried it out against turrets in my last few matches and it's amazing how quickly some well placed shots take out even far away turrets. AMAZING.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.